T3 Armor with particle effects

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lukas.3950

Lukas.3950

hey folks, since this flamekissed-armor-thing an idea came into my mind.
the t3 armors of each race should be forgeable, together with certain lodestones to recieve particle effects.
e.g. a t3 chest piece together with a 5 charged lodestones, 50 mystic coins and maybe an augurs stone to the forge -> t3 chest piece with bolt-like effects.
same with corrupted, glacial, molten, onyx, destroyer, crystal for : ice, water, fire, darkness/green, lava, mesmerlike purple shiny.
so people can choose which effect they want. people were crying about anets obssession with fire, so this would be a cool alternative imo

what do you think about the idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: irishwalrus.5162

irishwalrus.5162

I like the idea. +1

Groknar Ironcrack- The Emperor

in Suggestions

Posted by: DevilsJoker.4017

DevilsJoker.4017

That is a great idea! Now that I have seen how my human toon with T3 could look like, I really wan’t something with particles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

+1 ! Good stuff

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I think it’s a good idea. I am so over fire effects.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

yep, love to have some black corruption coming from my shoulder pads.

in Suggestions

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

hey folks, since this flamekissed-armor-thing an idea came into my mind.
the t3 armors of each race should be forgeable, together with certain lodestones to recieve particle effects.
e.g. a t3 chest piece together with a 5 charged lodestones, 50 mystic coins and maybe an augurs stone to the forge -> t3 chest piece with bolt-like effects.
same with corrupted, glacial, molten, onyx, destroyer, crystal for : ice, water, fire, darkness/green, lava, mesmerlike purple shiny.
so people can choose which effect they want. people were crying about anets obssession with fire, so this would be a cool alternative imo

what do you think about the idea?

+1+1+1
Great Idea i was coming here to suggest something along those lines. Maybe even use dungeon rewards for it or something. Like a Gift of Baelfire/Gift of Ascalon Etc.. mixed with lode stones to add the partical effects to any set of armor would be awsome!

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

such feedback, wow .
well, another idea would be to ascend your armor when doing this (with free choose of stats!!!), the recipe itself should be more costly then, eg like +50e and such ^^
but maybe i can draw some examples later

in Suggestions

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

The whole idea of the flamekissed armor is to get money. ArenaNet is not going to make this for free when they can charge a little for their work (and since people can buy gems with gold, they are already cutting their revenues).
After all, this is why we have a Gem Shop, to get shinies and support the game.

So my suggestion would be: Sell a recipe to update our armor in the Mystic Forge (I would like if this apply to any armor but since ArenaNet did the human T3 already, they should keep going with the rest).
Of course, they can make more people happy if they also sell recipes for each individual piece.

So lets say:

Full set (6 recipes): 800 gems
Individual recipe: 200 gems

The recipe can work just like an Ascended Inscription, example:

Recipe: Flamekissed inscription.- Using the sheet will bring up a menu allowing you to choose a specific recipe (helmet, shoulders, gloves, etc).

Now the recipe may include mats or things we can get from Miyani (since people will buy this with gems, there is no need for excessive/expensive requirements) and of course, the original T3 armor.

So at the end we throw at the forge: 1 flamekissed helmet recipe, 1 cultural T3 helmet, 1 Molten Lodestone and 5 Philosopher’s Stones.

And of course, the idea to use different Lodestones to get different effects is great.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

(edited by daimasei.4091)

in Suggestions

Lukas.3950

mhm, this seems not too bad either, same concept, but recipes from gemstore. i wouldnt really mind

(edited by Lukas.3950)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DevilsJoker.4017

DevilsJoker.4017

I personally don’t care if it’s gold or gems, I would just really like to see my T3 glow or sparkle

( When did I become a girl?? :P )

in Suggestions

Posted by: raseloc.6932

raseloc.6932

more customization on armor is always good +1

Guild – Savants[ijit]
Gate of Madness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nihilmus.2301

Nihilmus.2301

Yeah sure guys! We wasted our gems…ehm…correction, the guys with original T3 wasted our gems and RWM so they could get their own particles for free. Gj! Yeah, that’s right, remove flamekiss from the s***ers that bought it but bring it back for free for the good guys with original T3, the royalties of GW2. Let’s make new spell effects for Commanders too! They even get their free personally customized Finisher because they paid 100g, but oh no, they are still commanders…for life… we should give them our eternal gratitude because they paid 100g for others and not themselves..such kidness and lack of selfishness.

I did +1 to this post only because I have the money to buy the original T3 anytime and it still remains a good idea for everyone, both future and current T3 owner. However I will never forget what a crowd of whiners can do. Royalty Whiners.

in Suggestions

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Yeah sure guys! We wasted our gems…ehm…correction, the guys with original T3 wasted our gems and RWM so they could get their own particles for free. Gj! Yeah, that’s right, remove flamekiss from the s***ers that bought it but bring it back for free for the good guys with original T3, the royalties of GW2. Let’s make new spell effects for Commanders too! They even get their free personally customized Finisher because they paid 100g, but oh no, they are still commanders…for life… we should give them our eternal gratitude because they paid 100g for others and not themselves..such kidness and lack of selfishness.

I did +1 to this post only because I have the money to buy the original T3 anytime and it still remains a good idea for everyone, both future and current T3 owner. However I will never forget what a crowd of whiners can do. Royalty Whiners.

Very helpful, thx for bumping -_-

You may wanna check this one too

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dying Anthem.9716

Dying Anthem.9716

I’d love to actually use Crystal Lodestones for a change with this idea. So many mesmers. So many.