THE FIX FOR WvWvW Population Issues

in Suggestions

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Hi Guys,

Here is my suggestion to address %99 of WvWvW’s issues, its the population levels, The main thing to a good duel is to ensure that it starts fair,

I’m going to use the current EU tier 9 line-up as i am in FOW,
FOW and Vabbi are so underpopulated as a server to start with never mind wvw players as well means that before we have even started the week no matter who we are pitted against we will loose, no matter of the skill we have we will loose no matter of how lucky we are….you guessed it, we will loose Why?
Its because we don’t have enough players and this problem is recurring, more and more ppl are transferring because of this.

I offer one simple solution,
Cap the wvw player limit to the lowest population server, this way 100% of the time it is 100% FAIR, i just know that ROF would be beaten if we had the same numbers, it upsets me really.

Ive had some controversy over this suggestion.
I understand that at FOW and vabbi’s current population this system would make it near impossible for the higher populated server to get on to WvW that is why the population issue needs to be addressed first.

Edit:
Ive decided to add a bit more to address a common FAQ;
Q: Wont People get punished by getting barred?
A: No, not necessarily, most of the high pop servers already hit their caps so they wont be effected whatsoever, its only the servers that are pitted against the lower population servers that will be effected such as Blacktide or Arborstone.

Q: I Dont see the point of this, what makes this essential for World vs World?
A: WvW currently is pitting servers against each other and instilling competition between them, i know of no competition were one team is aloud a direct advantage to the other team(s) this fix is about making WvW 100% inside the game mode so it all comes down to skill, this will give strength to the leaderboards and for the first time in my gw2 life will i look at them and smile knowing that the current positions of each server are due to skilled players and guilds alike working for their team.

Q: What Happens if i Queue, i dont want to wait 5 hours to play a gamemode, im playing gw2 not wow?
A: I see were you are coming from, this is one of my pet peeves as well, hence why i think it is crucial that the margin in difference towards each of the servers need to be reduced as much as possible before this is implemented, announcing that a system such as this will be implemented will slow down the decrease in population in the lower servers, then a technique like allowing players to transfer to free for lower servers could be put in place until the servers start to show balance.

Q:Why should I care, my team is already winning, you’re only posting this because your team sucks?
A: Actually there is no way to determine currently the skill of any of the servers due to this population issue, and im not going to speak for everyone but even if i was on a winning team (which i could of transferred to long ago) i would still be posting this right now, why would i do something were i know what the outcome would be in competition, where is the fun in that, to me it feels just as bad as cheating on a game, you may get some cheap thrills at the start but in the long run it destroys the core to the gamemode and gives no reason to Actually have leaderboards.

RedCobra

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

(edited by RedCobra.7693)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Truffler.3684

Truffler.3684

how is it fair to bar players on one server from playing because of another server’s problems?

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

Please dont hate, if youre not one of the lower servers then you simply wont understand, it is Unfair to have different populated teams in WvW and takes away the aspect of using skill, if the servers were even then all that would be left would be skill and that would truly be interesting, besides they wont be barred they will have to queue, take away the lions arch teleport and crafting stations to stop people using wvw as a pitstop and were sorted

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

woohoo my post got moved xD i wasnt sure where to put it but i still think this is a really good idea

in Suggestions

Truffler.3684

no hate I understand where you’re coming from but try to look at it from the other side too. everybody paid for the game n some just want to wvw with what hours they have everyday. imagine how they would feel if they now can’t get in because another server can’t find more ppl to get on. now their playing time is spent hoping the enemy can somehow increase their numbers (which if was easy then the problem wouldn’t have existed in the first place.)

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

true i understand, but i hope you understand that i said we need to sort the population issue out first to try and balance it as much before implementing a system such as this,

Honestly i would hate being on a server that wins all the time because of out numbers, there wouldnt be anything to do whats the point. its like fight a dog with a shotgun, you know you are going to win

in Suggestions

Truffler.3684

the only way for this to work is if Anet forcibly distributes players amongst the servers. only then would there be true equality in numbers. otherwise as long as players are free to go wherever they want, we will always have imbalanced pop issues in wvw.

of course if Anet tries this draconian measure i cannot imagine the hate/logistics issues generated lol. also, you’re right most ppl dont enjoy steamrolling but they also dont enjoy not being able to even participate in the first place

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

its a loose loose situation xD i know but you have to think which brings more good in the end, some playable wvw is better than no playable wvw

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

Not only that but at the moment the only fun im getting from WvW is the duels setup between RoF and FoW, which just screams out that we need a Duel arena as the event that was organised had over 50 people standing dueling each other and making challenge requests 2v1 1v1 2v2 allsorts, why anet doesnt have this i dont know, im against requests outside an arena like in a town but in one there is no excuse

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The fix for all of WvWs problems is easy and well known, players now have collision with their allies and enemies as well as all projectiles. Suddenly throwing the most bodies at the enemy doesn’t work, organization and strategy actually matter. Unfortunately, this fix is impossible, the server couldn’t possibly handle calculating collision for that many units and their projectiles simultaneously.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Suggestions

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

I can see where this is going..

*Player joins wvw*
Player: hey guys what’s
WvWplayers : Get out!! were player locking wvw while were ahead!
Player:but..
WvWplayers: *various insults and swears*

The problem is what’s good for one can also be good for the other. A coordinated server can easily reduce the player numbers to dismal levels forcing wvw to be come a small team of highly skilled players vs a small group of randoms.

Not to mention a huge amount of hate towards unskilled players who join wvw due to the fact there lifting the player limit for enemies, and you think the hate for the jump puzzlers was bad enough...

Personally I think you need to strengthen the outnumbered buffs. Make outnumbered players stronger, not just better rewards. I would like to see an outnumber player with double stats when they are outnumbered 2:1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

As zerorogue stated….I also believe the outnumbered buff is the place to “equalize” team strength.

The outnumbered buff could just be a multiplier at that point…..for example:

Team A = 300 players
Team B = 200 players
Team C = 100 players

Outmanned multiplier:
Team A = 300 / 300 = 1
Team B = 300 / 200 = 1.5
Team C = 300 / 100 = 3

The only problem I see is that a player on Team C could potentially “one-shot” a player on Team A. Perhaps an amendment would be to then divide the multiplier by 2 where the minimum Outmanned Multiplier would be 1. It would then become a formula like:

Where:

• #(L) = Number of Players from the largest team
  • #(Y) = Number of Players from your team

If ( ( #(L) / #(Y) ) < 1, 1, ( #(L) / #(Y) ) / 2 )

From the previous example:

Outmanned Multiplier:
Team A = (300/300)/2 = 0.5 —> = 1
Team B = (300/200)/2 = 0.75 --> = 1
Team C = (300/100)/2 = 1.5 —> = 1.5

It wouldn’t offer a horribly unfair advantage….but at least the players on Team C could probably compete now.

Edit
Btw….you may want to consider changing the title of your thread. Making the thread title in all caps is against the Terms and Conditions of forum use and could likely get your thread closed / deleted prematurely.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

(edited by Charismatic Harm.9683)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jedi Master Pyro.8716

Jedi Master Pyro.8716

This has been suggested before an Arena Net said they will never do anything like this. It punishes the other two servers. I’m on Yak’s Bend and Kaining is a mostly asian server. So during the day Yak’s Bend and the other server are very active while Kaining barely plays until late at night due to time zones. This would allow VERY FEW people to play during our peak ours and it will not let Kaining to play during their peak hours. Simply put the player caps will small and will further ruin WvW even more.

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

This has been suggested before an Arena Net said they will never do anything like this. It punishes the other two servers. I’m on Yak’s Bend and Kaining is a mostly asian server. So during the day Yak’s Bend and the other server are very active while Kaining barely plays until late at night due to time zones. This would allow VERY FEW people to play during our peak ours and it will not let Kaining to play during their peak hours. Simply put the player caps will small and will further ruin WvW even more.

yes i thought of this and it got me in a muddle however there is no alternative that will make it fair

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

Being from the ROF server… No, you wouldn’t beat us!

Further to your suggestion, you mean to penalise a more populated server due to your low population and therefore block people from entering WvW. I can already see all the complaint posts on the forums for that one.

I suggest you focus your efforts on suggesting that low population servers get merged!

???? quit trolling, i said that the population issues need to be worked on first, how is it punishing? if i was on a higher populated server id hate getting the free ride. and btw, fow is so used to being outnumbered we have to do extreme tactics just to get by o id think again

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Just so I understand this point. Is it that the server is underpopulated, or that WvW on that server specifically is underpopulated? If the server itself is low it can be merged with other servers. If the WvW in particular has low traffic, the reason needs to be investigated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Madjon.2657

Madjon.2657

I think his point is that if it was made fair ( by his idea) -then the population would grow on all servers because the current low pop is that way because they keep getting blasted by the large pop and so hence the low pop continues.

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

I think his point is that if it was made fair ( by his idea) -then the population would grow on all servers because the current low pop is that way because they keep getting blasted by the large pop and so hence the low pop continues.

Youre probably the first person to understand this, im just bad at getting my words across :P

Albeit the population on the low servers (vabbi, fissure of woe etc) need to be regulated before hand, after this the server population would balance, i hear day after day of people leaving fow just because of the server population being too low, ironic i know :P

every other server currently would not really be effected my being unbalanced with this implemented, the only 1 server that would suffer for a short while would be the server facing vabbi and fow, which is either arborstone or blacktide, im sure theyd make the sacrafice for 1 or 2 months xD

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I always wonder how people think the worst possible solution would be a “perfect” fix.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

I always wonder how people think the worst possible solution would be a “perfect” fix.

Please elaborate on how it would be the worst possible situation, if you dont read my comments first then reply with a constructive response then i am going to assume you have nothing intelligent to say and dismiss any comment.

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

Please elaborate on how it would be the worst possible situation, if you dont read my comments first then reply with a constructive response then i am going to assume you have nothing intelligent to say and dismiss any comment.

It’s not a fix because it doesn’t fix anything and it isn’t perfect because it would just move the problem to the more populous server. In the end, WvW would become 5v5v5 on huge maps. We already have sPVP for that.

If your server is bad, you shouldn’t punish a good server for that by increasing queue times to unbearable levels.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

It’s not a fix because it doesn’t fix anything and it isn’t perfect because it would just move the problem to the more populous server. In the end, WvW would become 5v5v5 on huge maps. We already have sPVP for that.

If your server is bad, you shouldn’t punish a good server for that by increasing queue times to unbearable levels.

i see your concern but it wont effect with higher population servers, only a few peopl would be dissallowed, like i said, you still havnt explained HOW it would effect everyone else apart from arborstone or blacktide, give specifics when trying to make a counter argument

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

A much better fix would be lowering the cost in resources to build siege as part of the outmanned buff. I would make it easier for a underpopulated server to defend and take forts fast without affecting a) 1v1 fights – b) meaning people on higher populated servers can’t get into WvW.

Another idea would be to make camps – forts spawn more/better NPCs while outmanned. To make them slightly harder to take. Even giving Keep lords a significant buff.

Maybe even add multiple tiers of outmanned buff. So if you really are outnumbered 2-1 you really do get much tougher, but giving players higher stats would be something I would be careful about.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

I’m from Vabbi and I like Rattys ideas. I would also add cheaper & quicker upgrades to give us a chance to hold keeps & towers. It should be as challenging for other servers to take objectives as it is for us to keep them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Madjon.2657

Madjon.2657

/sigh, after reading some of the comments ppl have made its clear ‘some’ of you simply didn’t read the OP’s post or didn’t understand it.

Akittens most basic premise – uneven WvW populations on the 3 warring servers needs to be balanced so that the game is fun.

I believe from recent statements that Anet is aware of this, their first attempt of which is to mix up the 3 server draw so that servers are matched to other servers they haven’t played before and thus give new opponents. Their hope is that ppl will join up the WvWvW again and give it a go because of this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

No offence, I was less than a week ago in FoW, switched because of the low population “not only WvW also pve”.
I dont like going offensive in a forum or games at all, but this thread is to childish.
I can somehow see that this maybe could be good, but your again cutting of alot of players from WvW which in the first place wasnt their foult they got up against a such low populated server as FoW or vabbi.
Yeah, the WvW needs a better system, but to even thumb this up, is a discrace. Think a way to get a better WvW system for everyone because this is only “perfect sytem”
for vabbi and FoW, which prob doesnt even hit the same amount of players in blacktide or RoS, so not in gaming or in business is this in anyway a perfect system…..

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

No offence, I was less than a week ago in FoW, switched because of the low population “not only WvW also pve”.
I dont like going offensive in a forum or games at all, but this thread is to childish.
I can somehow see that this maybe could be good, but your again cutting of alot of players from WvW which in the first place wasnt their foult they got up against a such low populated server as FoW or vabbi.
Yeah, the WvW needs a better system, but to even thumb this up, is a discrace. Think a way to get a better WvW system for everyone because this is only “perfect sytem”
for vabbi and FoW, which prob doesnt even hit the same amount of players in blacktide or RoS, so not in gaming or in business is this in anyway a perfect system…..

do you even know the population of the other servers, no you don’t so please don’t just throw random arguments around, i said the SITUATION NEEDS TO BE REGULATED FIRST, needed to capitalise that as you clearly have difficulty reading, stop pulling the straw-man argument.

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

i see your concern but it wont effect with higher population servers, only a few peopl would be dissallowed, like i said, you still havnt explained HOW it would effect everyone else apart from arborstone or blacktide, give specifics when trying to make a counter argument

There isn’t an argument to counter since you’re wrong. Therefor it’s very difficult to give specifics.
If it doesn’t affect servers, it doesn’t work. If it affects servers, it primarily affects the good servers which isn’t allowed in a competitive game mode. Furthermore it’s a very crude fix to the wrong problem.

What’s your argument really because you make no case at all.

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

There isn’t an argument to counter since you’re wrong. Therefor it’s very difficult to give specifics.
If it doesn’t affect servers, it doesn’t work. If it affects servers, it primarily affects the good servers which isn’t allowed in a competitive game mode. Furthermore it’s a very crude fix to the wrong problem.

What’s your argument really because you make no case at all.

its to remove the premise of “You have more people than us”, i still dont think you understand the situation, im simply all for being able to say “we beat you due to 100% skill”

now if you tell me that this is true and can be said for EVERY single win that takes place then you are a liar, its about equality not “it works for some so whats the problem”.

also FYI if you call someone wrong then you are countering their opinion.

oh and here is my point i made earlier which you have missed to read

“Please dont hate, if youre not one of the lower servers then you simply wont understand, it is Unfair to have different populated teams in WvW and takes away the aspect of using skill, if the servers were even then all that would be left would be skill and that would truly be interesting, besides they wont be barred they will have to queue, take away the lions arch teleport and crafting stations to stop people using wvw as a pitstop and were sorted”

(edited by RedCobra.7693)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

This is another “Punish players for playing the game” thread. We have got to stop thinking like this

I implore you please read this thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Real-tools-for-the-WvW-player/first#post2179363

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Suggestions

zengara.8301

do you even know the population of the other servers, no you don’t so please don’t just throw random arguments around, i said the SITUATION NEEDS TO BE REGULATED FIRST, needed to capitalise that as you clearly have difficulty reading, stop pulling the straw-man argument.

“I offer one simple solution,
Cap the wvw player limit to the lowest population server, this way 100% of the time it is 100% FAIR, i just know that ROF would be beaten if we had the same numbers, it upsets me really.”

You need to edit what you wrote and write that this is a selution for how the severs can match up. Its still hard to understand, if it is how i read it, or atleast understood it, then you want the servers to be more equal since it will affect the WvW in a good way by “punishing” other servers they want to join small servers to get more fun out of it? Or is this just after Arena Net find a selution to the small populated servers?

If it is the first part, it still doesnt match up, they will be forced to pay 17 gold to enter to another server, which they might not want to, since they like the servers they are in, and that could lead to some people leaving the game.

Maybe it should be more of a giving things to thoese who want to go, in PvP if the teams are uneaven, everyone gets asked if they want to switch to the other team, by doing that they get a few more points.

If Arena Net gave something to thoese who want to switch server “ofc if to many people want to get this item/switch server, it will be random who goes” this will kinda sort the problem with servers, since it is optionally, and if a good item enough is brought it, it would be easy to make the servers equal in less than a day.

Thoug please edit what you posted, when read, it sounds like you want other servers to be somehow punished. (atleast for me)

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

“I offer one simple solution,
Cap the wvw player limit to the lowest population server, this way 100% of the time it is 100% FAIR, i just know that ROF would be beaten if we had the same numbers, it upsets me really.”

You need to edit what you wrote and write that this is a selution for how the severs can match up. Its still hard to understand, if it is how i read it, or atleast understood it, then you want the servers to be more equal since it will affect the WvW in a good way by “punishing” other servers they want to join small servers to get more fun out of it? Or is this just after Arena Net find a selution to the small populated servers?

If it is the first part, it still doesnt match up, they will be forced to pay 17 gold to enter to another server, which they might not want to, since they like the servers they are in, and that could lead to some people leaving the game.

Maybe it should be more of a giving things to thoese who want to go, in PvP if the teams are uneaven, everyone gets asked if they want to switch to the other team, by doing that they get a few more points.

If Arena Net gave something to thoese who want to switch server “ofc if to many people want to get this item/switch server, it will be random who goes” this will kinda sort the problem with servers, since it is optionally, and if a good item enough is brought it, it would be easy to make the servers equal in less than a day.

Thoug please edit what you posted, when read, it sounds like you want other servers to be somehow punished. (atleast for me)

yes you’re right, i would only have this implemented after a solution for the lower servers has been found, i don’t know how to suppose this yet, maybe they could let people know that they will implement it in say 6 months time and give server pop time to react, however not enough people actually know anything about WvW pop, did you know that most of the higher tiers near always hit their population caps, which means they wont be affected what so ever so like ive previously stated the only server that would be punished (if the low server fix isn’t implemented) is blacktide or arborstone, please (not aimed at you) i wish people would read before posting comments they just get in the way, if you believe it will punish players tell me how and support your point with either quotes from players from other servers or evidence.

in Suggestions

zengara.8301

yes you’re right, i would only have this implemented after a solution for the lower servers has been found, i don’t know how to suppose this yet, maybe they could let people know that they will implement it in say 6 months time and give server pop time to react, however not enough people actually know anything about WvW pop, did you know that most of the higher tiers near always hit their population caps, which means they wont be affected what so ever so like ive previously stated the only server that would be punished (if the low server fix isn’t implemented) is blacktide or arborstone, please (not aimed at you) i wish people would read before posting comments they just get in the way, if you believe it will punish players tell me how and support your point with either quotes from players from other servers or evidence.[/quote]

Not to be mean or anything, but couldnt you make Madjon.2657 to write for you, if you know him in the game. The main reason is that you dont explain enough, its like you wrote this:
Yeah i want that implemented.
alot of severs arent going to be harmed, only blacktide or aborstone
People dont read throug everything that i wrote throug this, which i wish they could
And do everything to prove what your writing is true.
Is this right?^

Your asking me to collect data even thoug you dont, your asking me to support my points with quotes even thoug you dont.
Please edit for the love of god your main topic, you cant expect people to do all the job, and 100% not if your actually believing in this, edit it so its understandeble and doesnt get read like your tryieng to not let 50% of the blacktide population to come in.

This is still not the perfect system to WvW at all…..
first of all this is the after effect if WvW finds a solution to the low population servers vs the high,

second is more basic if you actualy want people to do their ground work, and bring you data, you probably have to show that your data is in place to and mainly edit what you wrote first since everyone wont read more than what you wrote first and prob 5 message down, and again, it isnt their/my job, it is fully yours to show “that this is how i see it, and this should be implemendet”

(you learn this in school btw, idk how far in your, but its important that YOU and only you show that your message is worth reading, since this is what you want in the game, you should probably be more into it, because right now, its just like you want everyone else to do the work whi)

in Suggestions

zengara.8301

yes you’re right, i would only have this implemented after a solution for the lower servers has been found, i don’t know how to suppose this yet, maybe they could let people know that they will implement it in say 6 months time and give server pop time to react, however not enough people actually know anything about WvW pop, did you know that most of the higher tiers near always hit their population caps, which means they wont be affected what so ever so like ive previously stated the only server that would be punished (if the low server fix isn’t implemented) is blacktide or arborstone, please (not aimed at you) i wish people would read before posting comments they just get in the way, if you believe it will punish players tell me how and support your point with either quotes from players from other servers or evidence.

Not to be mean or anything, but couldnt you make Madjon.2657 to write for you, if you know him in the game. The main reason is that you dont explain enough, its like you wrote this:
People dont read throug everything that i wrote throug this, which i wish they could
Is this right?^

Your asking me to collect data even thoug you dont, your asking me to support my points with quotes even thoug you dont.
Please edit for the love of god your main topic, you cant expect people to do all the job, and 100% not if your actually believing in this, edit it so its understandeble and doesnt get read like your tryieng to not let 50% of the blacktide population to come in.

first of all this is the after effect if WvW finds a solution to the low population servers vs the high,

second is more basic if you actualy want people to do their ground work, and bring you data, you probably have to show that your data is in place to and mainly edit what you wrote first since everyone wont read more than what you wrote first and prob 5 message down, and again, it isnt their/my job, it is fully yours to show “that this is how i see it, and this should be implemendet”

(you learn this in school btw, idk how far in your, but its important that YOU and only you show that your message is worth reading, since this is what you want in the game, you should probably be more into it, because right now, its just like you want everyone else to do the work whi)[/quote]

The quote kinda failed their, but I do understand you, and this is fair, if the severs find a solution to the population issue to the main WvW problem (if the servers are put up like this 100 vabbi 120 fow 150 blacktide after the server solution.

Then this would be a pretty good reason to implement this, but again, editing your post so it doesnt seem like you actualy think that this is the perfect solution to make the actual WvW now work

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

Is this right?^

(you learn this in school btw, idk how far in your, but its important that YOU and only you show that your message is worth reading, since this is what you want in the game, you should probably be more into it, because right now, its just like you want everyone else to do the work whi)

The quote kinda failed their, but I do understand you, and this is fair, if the severs find a solution to the population issue to the main WvW problem (if the servers are put up like this 100 vabbi 120 fow 150 blacktide after the server solution.

Then this would be a pretty good reason to implement this, but again, editing your post so it doesnt seem like you actualy think that this is the perfect solution to make the actual WvW now work[/quote]

the initial responses seem to show distaste towards my thread title saying perfect, my mistake this was to attract attention to the post tbh, im aware that i havnt posted evidence for my claims, but the claims i am making are pretty known, as simple as pointing out that the sky is blue. shall i take a picture of the sky? xD some people eh :P

yeah youre right, the main fix would be to work out how to cushion the initial shock of implementing this fix. after that, as long as it is maintained WvW would be a beautiful place where we can revel in competition and measure server skill but until then ill be hearing this constantly:

“NO FAIR ROF HAVE SOOOO MANY PPL WE GET OWNED!!!”

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

Ive added an FAQ to the post to address some concerns about the fix :) after some PM’s i recieved

RedCobra

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

only thing in this thread that I would agree is fact that population difference problem need to be solved. somthing to make more skill>numbers in WvW.
but method that is sugested in this thread is worst of possibilities

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

only thing in this thread that I would agree is fact that population difference problem need to be solved. somthing to make more skill>numbers in WvW.

ahhhhhh no one explains why or addresses my defense to the negatives towards it, is it too much to ask for, please im interested in to seeing why, im not going to get offended xD i want WvW working like a well oiled machine just as much as the next person, next to all my gw2 time is spent in WvW and its the population not being even that is the biggest issue, i personally see no other way to making it 100% fair

in Suggestions

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

This.

I’m not trying to post kitten or ruin your thread but we have to stop looking for the lazy, easy answer. You all have to ask yourselves, “What tools would make it easier for me to deal with X, Y, Z while outmanned”.
Please, everyone who says or thinks along the lines of “Do so-and-so to my opponents while I’m outmanned.” please go read the following thread thread. We as a community need to stop thinking about what ANet can do for us and instead what we can do for ourselves.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Real-tools-for-the-WvW-player/first#post2179363

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Suggestions

zengara.8301

ahhhhhh no one explains why or addresses my defense to the negatives towards it, is it too much to ask for, please im interested in to seeing why, im not going to get offended xD i want WvW working like a well oiled machine just as much as the next person, next to all my gw2 time is spent in WvW and its the population not being even that is the biggest issue, i personally see no other way to making it 100% fair

There are the go against other part of worlds like USA/Asian with the same timer and same population.

There are making the numbers so equal “like the buffs you get” that it gets more or less fair. Actually really good suggestions that have seriously gone so far into it to see how much dmg output the low populated server it could bring, and brought up the “bad part” basecly that 1v1 wont be an option in WvW anymore.

Probably alot of other good ways to make WvW fair

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

There are the go against other part of worlds like USA/Asian with the same timer and same population.

There are making the numbers so equal “like the buffs you get” that it gets more or less fair. Actually really good suggestions that have seriously gone so far into it to see how much dmg output the low populated server it could bring, and brought up the “bad part” basecly that 1v1 wont be an option in WvW anymore.

1v1 is a part of WvW, scouts and camp takers often go solo, i have seen this method done before in another game called Raiderz trust me when i say that the responses that were often said were not good, it was a complete and utter rubbish system, everyone i spoke to hated it,

we wont be going against american servers for a very long time or ever, they have network issues that prevent this they are probably using the ATM systems and these have different bandwidths between Europe and america so unless they completely upgrade their systems its not going to happen.

Still not a single person has told me why this technique is bad :S i want explanations please i want to hear why YOU the WvW player doesn’t think its a good idea. if you could tell me what server you’re from aswell maybe opinions differ from which population server you are in :P because so far it seems people from higher servers disagree, (which wont be affected anyway) and people from the lower servers are agreeing

in Suggestions

zengara.8301

1v1 is a part of WvW, scouts and camp takers often go solo, i have seen this method done before in another game called Raiderz trust me when i say that the responses that were often said were not good, it was a complete and utter rubbish system, everyone i spoke to hated it,

we wont be going against american servers for a very long time or ever, they have network issues that prevent this they are probably using the ATM systems and these have different bandwidths between Europe and america so unless they completely upgrade their systems its not going to happen.

Still not a single person has told me why this technique is bad :S i want explanations please i want to hear why YOU the WvW player doesn’t think its a good idea. if you could tell me what server you’re from aswell maybe opinions differ from which population server you are in :P because so far it seems people from higher servers disagree, (which wont be affected anyway) and people from the lower servers are agreeing

The only reason why people dont like your idea, is that your making it non clear, nothing else.
people think that this is the perfect idea which you clearly arent meaning by it, you mean that this would be a great idea
AFTER Arena Net find the true solution of how to make servers equal.

I was in FoW, until right after RoF where we where against blacktide again? i switched to gunnars hold, they use team speak, great tactics that work, and no annoying guy 24/7 on map chat “you probably know who i am thinking about xD” (pvp/pve is great to btw)

I switched to Gunnars Hold, pretty happy about where i switched to.

To be honest, your idea are good, its was just missunderstood by everyone, nothing more than that.

But instead of making a thread of what to do after they make the server population fair, then make a idea how to make the server population fair o.o and call that the perfect WvW system or something

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

The only reason why people dont like your idea, is that your making it non clear, nothing else.
people think that this is the perfect idea which you clearly arent meaning by it, you mean that this would be a great idea
AFTER Arena Net find the true solution of how to make servers equal.

I was in FoW, until right after RoF where we where against blacktide again? i switched to gunnars hold, they use team speak, great tactics that work, and no annoying guy 24/7 on map chat “you probably know who i am thinking about xD” (pvp/pve is great to btw)

I switched to Gunnars Hold, pretty happy about where i switched to.

To be honest, your idea are good, its was just missunderstood by everyone, nothing more than that.

But instead of making a thread of what to do after they make the server population fair, then make a idea how to make the server population fair o.o and call that the perfect WvW system or something

oh boy i know what your talking about, haha, but yes youre right its hard to get my point accross as id have to write a book :P, balancing the population would make it better yes but thats not what i mean, they simply need to sort vabbi and fow first as they have suffered shock, the caps would remove the entire notion of population difference from WvW.

in Suggestions

RedCobra.7693

my main point that ill like to add is that in tournements you dont see 7v5 or 1v4 its always equal. why?
Because then it is a fair competition,
why does WvW have leaderboards if it is not Fair, id like someone to respond to this and then tell me that the fix is not a good idea. id like valid reasons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bil.6354

Bil.6354

I was thinking about something similiar too.

My suggestion is:

Only add a cap for the borderlands of the outmanned servers. Make it the number of the owning servers players + 5man/+10% of the homepopulation.

That way the bigger server can still get a firm hold on eb and their own borderland, but it would at least give the outmanned server (and the big server as well!) the chance to get some good fights in that map.

At the moment all i see (on vabbi) is the bigger servers running around with zergs that are many times bigger than what we can muster. There is no way to hold anything for more than a few minutes – until the zerg arrives. And then there is nothing i would call a fight, because the best we can do is delay their stomp for some moments. Upgradeing or trying to defend is fuitless, because you dont stand a chance vs a force that much bigger and only waste time/gold.

It just scares players away from wvw, dont gives any fun and thats not helping smaller servers to bring in new players and maybe grow in numbers.

Edit: “+” 5man was shown underlined

(edited by Bil.6354)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Or . you could just transfer to a more WvW oriented server. The gem cost is cheap when transferring to another low pop server that has more WvWers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

What if they make points held by the underpopulated server tick for more? That way the out manned server gets more points for what they do hold. If you do something like that though, you’d want to log the amount of player time spent in WvW so that you can get an accurate picture of who has the most participation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bil.6354

Bil.6354

@ Chewablesleeptablet: I dont have the gold for that and if i would prefeer to get my second lvl 80 a grandmaster trait tome and some exotic gear. Besides i like the people on vabbi and transfering will not solve the problem, only make it worse.

@Killsmith: I dont think more points per tick will help anyhow. Even when we are totaly roflstomped we “win” ranking. I dont care about those points in any way neither about the rankings, i simply play to have fun

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

A simple solution: Combine the small servers into either 1 server or add them to another medium/high populated server. Its pointless having servers that are so low populated to begin with let alone adding WvW into it.