TP Tax+Listing Fee

TP Tax+Listing Fee

in Suggestions

Posted by: AresOnasis.4703

AresOnasis.4703

These need to be combined and put up front. It’s a little unreasonable to expect people to do that math on every single thing they put up.

This is also causing people to freak out because they think they “lost” their money.

Your faith is your weakness.

TP Tax+Listing Fee

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Jaguar.9504

Lord Jaguar.9504

There’s nothing obscure here. You pay an upfront 5% fee to list the item. You pay an additionl 10% of the sale price when it succeeds. Changing it to be 15% upfront would cost people MORE money because it would charge them full price even on items that failed to sell.

In short, your idea is terrible, and will cause more people to freak out because they actually “DID” lose their money.

TP Tax+Listing Fee

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halbarad.5832

Halbarad.5832

I agree that it shouldn’t be 15% upfront since that overly punishes the seller if their item doesn’t sell. However I do think the 10% fee should be listed somewhere after the sale (like in the Items I’ve Sold window) so people know where their money went.

TP Tax+Listing Fee

in Suggestions

Posted by: AresOnasis.4703

AresOnasis.4703

Good point. However at the very least, the player should be alerted to the 10% tax and how much it would be if their item sold at that price before they place the item for sale.

Right now there is no indication of it anywhere.

Your faith is your weakness.

TP Tax+Listing Fee

in Suggestions

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

I think you lose money on the TP no matter what because of the stupid fees you don’t kittening need a sale fee the listing tax is all that is required all the sale tax does is prevent you making any profit at all on an item unless u sell it for at least 5 copper more than you paid for it which is almost impossible while the system allows 1c undercuts because every other kitten drops the price so bloody low to like 10c with 15xxxxx people selling at same cost you wont make profit if someone sells 4 for 8c because of the combined fee of the listing + Sale % making it practically pointless trying to buy good cheap deals and re posting for a profit the only profit that’s actually viable is when you use materials you already have no use for and are just sitting around in your deposit do for example you make sell all that iron ore you have that you never use because your a Jewelcrafter then you make profit because your not buying somebody’s 3c less stack of iron to try and sell higher.

I can fully understand limiting the coin in the world by drop and reward but when you kitten up the only way to make a quick buck then that is when I and others who agree will start to froth at the mouth.

There have been countless times I have seen a good bargain like someone selling a 1silver item for 75c but do I make a profit on that… HARDLY even worth the math calculation even that calculation just involves me opening the trading post profit calculator app on my android device and inputting the buy-price and how many and what I plan to re list it for and before I even type in my listing price it shows me the min listing price I need before I break even, Now let me just put this clear to you all one more time, When the break even price is 25c over the current bazzilion 1-4c incremental stock that exists who the hell is going to buy it for 10c more and why on earth would anyone waste there time trying to play the trading post for a quick buck when your almost NEVER going to make a substantial profit in fact your more likely to run at a loss with every single buyout.

That everybody that is just total bullkitten and sorry if I curse a lot but the trading post in this game and the way its designed just makes my head hurt to the point unless I am buying to use I don’t even bother looking at whats cheap or whats being sold undervalue because I am going to be struggling to break even and its not worth my playing time to make 10c extra.

Don’t even get me started on the economy as a whole it is pretty clear to me that the only thing worth giving the slightest kitten about for farming is exotics because they sell for 1gold but I sure as kitten wont be farming wood or anything else that is going to make me a measly 3silver come sell time I will craft things and sell them for a quick buck usually just materials that are required to make a product because a finished product is worthless except for the few higher end crafts which still end up almost breaking even after you buy your runes for example to make a good bag.

But items like Greens and so on if vendor price is less than 1silver 40copper do not even bother looking at the TP to sell it unless the stats are really good for that level item because your almost always going to find someone selling it at 1 copper more and that will be bottom price which again makes my brain melt because they are selling at decent loss since they just paid 2x tax on something which the vendor would have given them for 1copper less instead they prefer to pay like 10copper so they effectively have lost money with every item they post for 1 -3 copper difference from the vendor value.

I am not a mathematician obviously and some of my ideals may be flawed and blinded by mouth froth but I think I at least make the point pretty clear on what my view is of the current TP.

(edited by LED Head.2439)

TP Tax+Listing Fee

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

I think you lose money on the TP no matter what because of the stupid fees you don’t kittening need a sale fee the listing tax is all that is required all the sale tax does is prevent you making any profit at all on an item unless u sell it for at least 5 copper more than you paid for it which is almost impossible while the system allows 1c undercuts because every other kitten drops the price so bloody low to like 10c with 15xxxxx people selling at same cost you wont make profit if someone sells 4 for 8c because of the combined fee of the listing + Sale % making it practically pointless trying to buy good cheap deals and re posting for a profit the only profit that’s actually viable is when you use materials you already have no use for and are just sitting around in your deposit do for example you make sell all that iron ore you have that you never use because your a Jewelcrafter then you make profit because your not buying somebody’s 3c less stack of iron to try and sell higher.

I can fully understand limiting the coin in the world by drop and reward but when you kitten up the only way to make a quick buck then that is when I and others who agree will start to froth at the mouth.

There have been countless times I have seen a good bargain like someone selling a 1silver item for 75c but do I make a profit on that… HARDLY even worth the math calculation even that calculation just involves me opening the trading post profit calculator app on my android device and inputting the buy-price and how many and what I plan to re list it for and before I even type in my listing price it shows me the min listing price I need before I break even, Now let me just put this clear to you all one more time, When the break even price is 25c over the current bazzilion 1-4c incremental stock that exists who the hell is going to buy it for 10c more and why on earth would anyone waste there time trying to play the trading post for a quick buck when your almost NEVER going to make a substantial profit in fact your more likely to run at a loss with every single buyout.

That everybody that is just total bullkitten and sorry if I curse a lot but the trading post in this game and the way its designed just makes my head hurt to the point unless I am buying to use I don’t even bother looking at whats cheap or whats being sold undervalue because I am going to be struggling to break even and its not worth my playing time to make 10c extra.

Don’t even get me started on the economy as a whole it is pretty clear to me that the only thing worth giving the slightest kitten about for farming is exotics because they sell for 1gold but I sure as kitten wont be farming wood or anything else that is going to make me a measly 3silver come sell time I will craft things and sell them for a quick buck usually just materials that are required to make a product because a finished product is worthless except for the few higher end crafts which still end up almost breaking even after you buy your runes for example to make a good bag.

But items like Greens and so on if vendor price is less than 1silver 40copper do not even bother looking at the TP to sell it unless the stats are really good for that level item because your almost always going to find someone selling it at 1 copper more and that will be bottom price which again makes my brain melt because they are selling at decent loss since they just paid 2x tax on something which the vendor would have given them for 1copper less instead they prefer to pay like 10copper so they effectively have lost money with every item they post for 1 -3 copper difference from the vendor value.

I am not a mathematician obviously and some of my ideals may be flawed and blinded by mouth froth but I think I at least make the point pretty clear on what my view is of the current TP.

Looking at your rant I notice two things:
– Your punctuation is lacking. Which is why I barely got through your first paragraph. If you can’t spend the time to make your ideas readable, why should anyone spend the extra time needed to read them ?
– You’re talking about buying an item, then reselling it at a higher price, and complaining that the tax makes it too hard. My question to you is: How does the existence of the buy low, sell high, crowd benefit the rest of Guild Wars 2 ?
Unless you can justify it as a net benefit for the game as a whole, I don’t see why I should care if you can do it or not.

TP Tax+Listing Fee

in Suggestions

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

Well unfortunately the posting system will not let me edit my post to fix said issues, majority of was due to lack of sleep. Though if you don’t want to read it than don’t. Furthermore it was hardly just about buying low selling high it was about how overall it is not worth the time selling a lot of anything on the trading post due to 1c undercuts.

It was about the actual math involved when deciding if your even going to profit from the sale compared to the vendor cost or if your just going to be selling at a loss. I made that point pretty obvious when I mentioned how I can see large stacks of items being sold for 1 or 2 copper more than vendor price, which in turn is actually a loss and not a profit because the sellers are not pricing the items to earn back the monetary fees applied for listing and sale.

I just threw in how this applied to me and my use of the trading post but overall it was about how seriously flawed the economy is at the current state. I am not going to explain how it effects you if that is what your asking and I don’t think it will effect a lot of players it only effects people who are not blind sighted by the undercutting process and the outcome of posting under value.

Which is basically anyone over the age of 19 and have experience with money handling and base principles of a auction house trade system. In fact I believe most people are either oblivious to the fact they are actually losing money down a sink by posting items for 1-5 copper above the vendor value or just don’t care.

The issue comes in when it hampers the ability for anybody else to make a profit from the items they have collected worth selling and instead just floods the TP with commodities that are never going to move due reasons above.

Edit
I took this screenshot to further represent my case and so you can all see exactly what I am talking about.

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/5498/profitloss.jpg

(edited by LED Head.2439)