Take a harder stance on hacked accounts and gold selling spam...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

I’m sorry, but we’re all tired of being sent gold spam mail. Here’s what happens, a couple of morons decide to sign up for GW2 and then they get hacked and now the gold seller is sending everyone spam mail in-game. Us normal players who actually follow the account safety guidelines are getting punished because of the idiots who don’t practice safe account security. The solution to fix this problem is simple:

PERMABAN every account that gets their account hacked and used to spam other players in game.

Of course all the other players who get hacked are going to say “well it’s not my fault that I accidently clicked on an ad that had a virus, or opened a phishing email, or browsed the internet on un-safe sites, or used the same email + password combo on every site, or shared my account info, or played on a public computer!”…my responses to all of those is “YES it is your fault”. We’re being punished because players won’t practice proper account safety guidelines. It’s time to treat people who have been hacked just as harshly as the hackers themselves. Delete their accounts, they’re just as much to blame as the hackers themselves…

in Suggestions

Acewings.6872

No support for this? Nobody wants to get rid of gold spam???

in Suggestions

Posted by: Castor Zenith.2039

Castor Zenith.2039

I don’t think anyone but gold spammers wants gold spam to stay, Acewings. This forum moves pretty quickly so your thread might have just gone unnoticed. I disagree with your proposal though.

I can appreciate the frustration at seeing so many bots, map chat gold sales and in-game mail about gold sales, but I don’t think this is the right solution. Yes, most people whose accounts were hacked have made some mistake but the solution is to educate rather than punish those who have slipped up. Not everyone is as security-savvy as they should be, sure, but the right path is to help them learn and get them safe so they can enjoy the game again.

in Suggestions

Acewings.6872

I don’t think anyone but gold spammers wants gold spam to stay, Acewings. This forum moves pretty quickly so your thread might have just gone unnoticed. I disagree with your proposal though.

I can appreciate the frustration at seeing so many bots, map chat gold sales and in-game mail about gold sales, but I don’t think this is the right solution. Yes, most people whose accounts were hacked have made some mistake but the solution is to educate rather than punish those who have slipped up. Not everyone is as security-savvy as they should be, sure, but the right path is to help them learn and get them safe so they can enjoy the game again.

People are already educated on it, that’s why ANet has a security guide. People are just not listening and as a result we’re seeing hacked accounts get used to spam other players and make the game unenjoyable. Hacked accounts that are used to spam other players should be instantly deleted, and that player should be forced to buy another key and create a new account. I guarantee the problem would fix itself then because people wouldn’t want to keep wasting money on making new accounts.

(edited by Acewings.6872)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Your proposed suggestion is not the solution, sorry.