Target nearest enemy player

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Again, we need this to happen soon, the target system is really compromising the game, how can you pretend this to slide, this will not slide, people knows the terrible target system we have, this is not a good target system for a competitive game.

This game has a lot of incoherences like this, an action game asking you to become CLCIKER to target your enemy, is like asking to clik in a shooter to select your target before you can do damage to them, ridiculous.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Try pressing Tab…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Again, we need this to happen soon, the target system is really compromising the game, how can you pretend this to slide, this will not slide, people knows the terrible target system we have, this is not a good target system for a competitive game.

This game has a lot of incoherences like this, an action game asking you to become CLCIKER to target your enemy, is like asking to clik in a shooter to select your target before you can do damage to them, ridiculous.

wat

do you even game

Attachments:

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

wat

do you even game

Ya there’s that too lol

in Suggestions

Fenrir.5493

Now i know 3 people that dont have reading comprehension skills.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Well let me try then. (Our reading skills are hampered somewhat by your atrocious writing skills, you must admit.)

It seems to me that you believe we have to mouse-click to select a target? Is that your problem?

Open your OPTIONS and go to the CONTROLS tab (the mouse icon). It should look like Envy’s attachment. Scroll down to the TARGETING section and set it up to use any keys you desire. No need to target by clicking your mouse on an enemy.

Viola! Problem solved! (Assuming my reading comprehension was adequate.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

(edited by Hamfast.8719)

in Suggestions

Fenrir.5493

Well let me try then. (Our reading skills are hampered somewhat by your atrocious writing skills, you must admit.)

It seems to me that you believe we have to mouse-click to select a target? Is that your problem?

Open your OPTIONS and go to the CONTROLS tab (the mouse icon). It should look like Envy’s attachment. Scroll down to the TARGETING section and set it up to use any keys you desire. No need to target by clicking your mouse on an enemy.

Viola! Problem solved! (Assuming my reading comprehension was adequate.)

Read topic tittle and try again.

in Suggestions

Envy.1679

The irony!

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Only 2 other people posted in this thread before you wrote this…

but this is still here for you when you’re ready young squire
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/88115/wswswww.jpg

in Suggestions

Fenrir.5493

My bad i saw tree answers and i just posted quickly, at least i can admit my mistakes, but you people still cant understand a simple tittle yet, ill guess i have to wait, and i am guessing if people like you read anets suggestions well, that explains the current state of the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Hey, lets argue instead of clarify the post! (/sarcasm)

The OP is asking for target nearest enemy function which would exclude idle (yellow) enemies (moas and such) and objects (like siege). It can be troublesome in WvW if you’re trying to use targeted skills on a player and instead aggro a few braindead moas.

Assuming I got this right, definitely supported :P

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Hey, lets argue instead of clarify the post! (/sarcasm)

The OP is asking for target nearest enemy function which would exclude idle (yellow) enemies (moas and such) and objects (like siege). It can be troublesome in WvW if you’re trying to use targeted skills on a player and instead aggro a few braindead moas.

Assuming I got this right, definitely supported :P

That’s when you use the next target button.

in Suggestions

ExTribble.7108

Yeah, let’s cycle through a bunch of moas until you finally land on a person. And then you hit it one too many times and accidentally target someone a mile away.

Does hitting the next target button work as intended? Yes. Does it serve the purpose the OP wants it to? No. Am I just being trolled here? >.>

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Or ya know, kill the moas so the enemy group doesn’t just rally on them?… You can’t just expect a “Target that thing I want by reading my brain” button

in Suggestions

ExTribble.7108

Or ya know, kill the moas so the enemy group doesn’t just rally on them?… You can’t just expect a “Target that thing I want by reading my brain” button

No one’s asking for that. It’s just a suggestion for a QoL improvement where players are prioritized over useless NPCs and structures. I don’t see the big issue here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

He’s asking about the nearest enemy PLAYER. He wants to attack Player Character.9467 (but then again, who doesn’t? )

Enemy is enemy, player or NPC. If it’s red (or yellow, THTPPPT!) our targeting suggestion works. (I’ve never done PvP, so I can’t say for sure about that, but I don’t know why it would be any different.

Or do you want to target FRIENDLY players?

Or do you want to not target yellows?

Please clarify and don’t say “Look at the title”. Nobody apparently knows what you’re driving at.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Fenrir.5493

At least someone understanded the idea but well others prefer to keep playing stupid, what can i say.

WoW for example had a “Target Nearest Enemy Player” when you press tab you dont scroll to npc or mobs, you only target players.

in Suggestions

Envy.1679

At least someone understanded the idea but well others prefer to keep playing stupid, what can i say.

WoW for example had a “Target Nearest Enemy Player” when you press tab you dont scroll to npc or mobs, you only target players.

maybe next time you can SAY that instead of telling everyone theyre stupid for misunderstanding. if someone misunderstands something its your fault that you didnt explain it in a different way.

learn to write your ideas better, youre writing skills are horrible.

in Suggestions

Fenrir.5493

maybe next time you can SAY that instead of telling everyone theyre stupid for misunderstanding. if someone misunderstands something its your fault that you didnt explain it in a different way.

The tittle is very clear, also, your writing skills are horrible too, not using capital letters when they are suppoused to be used, hohoho.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

is this the thread where you can write insults to each other for no reason?

so, i read the title and the post and i didn’t understand either untill i read somebody apparently got it.
and finally understood (also i never had a use for this feature so i could have never guessed what you were talking about).
can be nice i guess in wvwvw to have it

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Envy.1679

The tittle is very clear, also, your writing skills are horrible too, not using capital letters when they are suppoused to be used, hohoho.

at least people can understand what i mean when i type…

P.S. how many times are you going to misspell title?

in Suggestions

Fenrir.5493

is this the thread where you can write insults to each other for no reason?

so, i read the title and the post and i didn’t understand either untill i read somebody apparently got it.
and finally understood (also i never had a use for this feature so i could have never guessed what you were talking about).
can be nice i guess in wvwvw to have it

Pretty much come to this because people cant just politely ask to my what i was talking about if they didnt understood at first, they decided to make fun of me and jump to conclusions (stupid ones) and try to look smart kitten.

But well i hope this ends, i will make another topic probably and let this to sink.

in Suggestions

Fenrir.5493

at least people can understand what i mean when i type…

P.S. how many times are you going to misspell title?

Dont know, do you have a goal on not using your caps letters?.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will be closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way.