Tattoos and Piercings

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: starryclouds.9615

starryclouds.9615

I think it would be neat if tattoos were available like, there could be a tattoo parlor set up in Lion’s Arch or some such so that races other than norn could get them, and along with tattoos, piercings. The more customization the better! Plus if tattoos were added in for all races that could branch of into guild related stuff like, when you join a new guild you could get your guilds emblem tattoo on your arm or what have you in your favorite color. To go with that, if you’re in more than one guild, when you switch to represent another one, the tattoo could change into that guild emblem and remain your chosen color and in the chose place on your body. I think it would help add a good bit of variation and customization to the game. Not only that but it could tie in with your character personal story somehow as like a little branch off or something to add some flavor, or you could get a tattoo in conjunction with an achievement from your personal story.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

While is sounds like a cool idea, the problem with it is that tattoos in GW2 are by every indication a specifically norn feature.

This was done primarily to make norn stand apart as something other than just “big humans” and as cool as it would be to get a few tattoos on other races I doubt it’s going to happen.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d rather not have a game promote tattoo’s, TY

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

starryclouds.9615

I don’t see why they’re only specific to norn, I mean certain styles of tattoos/designs yes, but tattoos themselves should be accessible to other races. Maybe not straight up tattoos for some, but some sort of equivalent. But if they’re meant to only be for norns specifically then that’s fine I suppose. I mean there are plenty of other things that set the norn apart from humans too, I mean it’s a part of their culture but cultures can mix you know? But tattoos aside, as far as I know piercings are specific to any one race so that’s something that could still be done, and all the races would be able to have them, or something like them at least.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

starryclouds.9615

Also, why do you not want a game promoting tattoos?

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Also, why do you not want a game promoting tattoos?

Instead of saying “tattoos” let us say “self expression”.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

and how do you show them since only ladies get to fight naked in this game?

edit: and heavy armor wearer with a flavor for gladiators

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

starryclouds.9615

I’m not sure? Maybe hide armor options for other pieces/sections of armor, not just for the head slot. Something like that maybe? or being able to remove one small section of whichever piece of armor, so it would be like there’s a window showing what’s under it or some such.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

While is sounds like a cool idea, the problem with it is that tattoos in GW2 are by every indication a specifically norn feature.

This was done primarily to make norn stand apart as something other than just “big humans” and as cool as it would be to get a few tattoos on other races I doubt it’s going to happen.

Norn: big humans
Asura: small humans
Charr: hairy humans
Sylvari: planty humans

Can’t see the problem. All races are currently humans with a quirk.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: jrod.5879

jrod.5879

I like the idea. Its not about promotion. Its about choices. Its about being able to run through a town and not see another character that looks just like yours, except its purple. I would like to see some different things and tattoos and piercings and hair accessories are already in there, so just provide more options in-game after char creation.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If we Norns are to share our secret tattooing technology with the rest of you, we expect to get some more impressive beard and hairstyles as compensation!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kynmarcher.2184

Kynmarcher.2184

Well for most races tattoos make no sense…

Charr for example, are covered in hair. Sure they -could- get a tattoo etched into their skin after they shaved a patch of their hair off but once the hair grew back the tattoo would be invisible.

Sylvari are not flesh and blood, they are essentially living trees. In order for them to get a tattoo they would need to have it burned into them and then the color would be simply black (you can’t really color a scorch mark) and it wouldn’t be very distinguishable from the rest of their bodies unless they had pale ‘skin’ so to speak.

Asura and Humans would be the only races that would be able to get tattoos aside from Norn.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I seriously doubt that Asura would favor such “primitive tribal nonsense”.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: jrod.5879

jrod.5879

Well charr could airbrush patterns into their hair. And Sylvari can pierce their leaves or maybe you could add blooms as earrings. Their leaves could respond to temp changes. I just want to be able to make characters more unique. Nobody notices if I slant my eyes more…..

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So charr and sylvari can wear war paint instead, same basic idea: you get to add funny pictures to your characters.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hathe.7642

Hathe.7642

I think this is a great idea

The more customization, the better. The Charr and Sylvari could use paint or something.. not like it has to be completely realistic.. I mean, talking cat bulls and human trees aren’t exactly realistic anyways haha.

Tattoos and Piercings

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I’m not a fan of tattoos in real life, I have no objections to tattoos as cosmetic options being made available to players. It could even be more sources of revenue for ANet.