Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

I know in the past two MMOs Ive played, when you were in
game but doing something else, it was cool to hang out in
Taverns. The background noise of clinking glasses and talking
people was always relaxing.

In fact, good taverns were always a key element in good fantasy.
Does GW2 even have one? Am I missing it?

Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

There are some in GW2, but they’re rather out-of-the-way. There’s one in Divinity, and one in LA, as well as the main hall in Hoelbrak (Pretty much the whole Norn city is a tavern)

The main thing they would need to have in order to get the busy atmosphere of players you’re after is a reason to be there. In other MMOs, its often rested XP, or specific merchants.
What would you suggest GW2 have for it’s taverns in order to get people in the door?

Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Possibility to sit on chairs

Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

some food buff that gains minutes while being there, not sure anyone would care tho as food is cheap as dirt

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

The chronicles of spellborn had nice taverns,it looked kinda Hazy and warm inside,you could hear the crackling from the fire and people mumbling in the background etc,the game is shutdown sadly.

Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: GroceryMan.4051

GroceryMan.4051

There are soooo many pubs and taverns in the game, pretty sure there’s at least 1 in every major city. Divinity’s Reach has sooo many (all humans are obviously alcoholics); The Grove has 1 major bar; Hoelbrak is all about that booze; Black Citadel…is just lame and Charr only know how to kill each other; and Lion’s Arch has one nice tavern (the boat tavern) I know of where the Order of Whispers thing is.

There just really isn’t any reason to go to these chill places, which would be cool.

Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

I guess I didnt look hard enough. To expound on my original post,
many times Im “in the game” but doing something else, either
reading online, on the phone, or maybe even work. Its allot more interesting
for me to hang my toon out here as opposed to outside the bank in
Lion’s Arch.

Taverns or Pubs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smelly Bookah.6957

Smelly Bookah.6957

Your idea is good, and I would like to see it in game. They could make some major tavern. In every single town. However there should also be some incentive for players to go there. Personally Im rather disappointed with current state of the game. Before launch I was rpetty excited seeing all those fancy concept arts with taverns, etc. Also bar brawl was promising. Now I am not even sure if its implemented into the game. Some npcs shout about it in Divinity’s Reach, but I couldn’t find much more, really.

(edited by Smelly Bookah.6957)