Templates for Traits and gear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Please, allow us templates so I can come on sPVP with my ele and choose if I will play conditioner or tanker or whatewer. It was allowed in GW1 when you could save your templates in your folder and then simply choose which skillbar and gear (runes, insignias) will you play. It is really annoying to again and again buy sigils and runes to change the whole build and traits.
I know you can have that armor with that build in your inventory but my character is PVEr too and dont have that space in inventory for all PVP gear builds.

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Lack of this feature actually blocks ppl from using/making new builds. Not everyone likes to remember all the traits.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Suggestions

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

As far as i remember Devs said on an interview that templates are definitely something they would like to introduce…. when this will happen, we dont know. I can suppose it will be a feature that we will have with gems, i think they are working on ways to make a profit out of spvp, so maybe there will be more ppl working on it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Wait 6 about months, maybe we get something called templates that does not work as it should. Just like leaderboards.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

+1

Up Rerroll

in Suggestions

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

I cry out in my sleep for this

in Suggestions

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

this would be amazing – As a gw1 player with pvp chars, I was very upset to find this feature missing in gw2.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in Suggestions

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Sometimes I don’t change builds in pvp because it’s too much work. Build changing definitely needs to be streamlined.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

+10 …. +1 is not enough…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

+1
Goes in the category of old suggestions (like cast-bars, observe etc.)

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

+1 It’s very much needed. It’s very newb friendly and also motivates using more builds somehow. I just find it too annoying to look a build up and change everything manually just for the sake of trying out the build.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

+1 for traittemplates. They’re handy all over the game. In WvW solo or zerg, pve solo, pt or dungeon…

This would definitely belong in the top spot on the Anet to-do-list. I’m not an expert on developing (more like a noob), and don’t know how much work this would be. But this would be an addition that would benefit all players.

Btw OP said gear also, i concur, though if they need to choose first focus on traits. Gear is easier to swap than traits. Although would be cool to have a hotkey for swapping an entire set+traits. Was that in Gw1?

More happy ppl! Go for it Anet

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

(edited by Kootje.9271)

in Suggestions

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Actually it takes me lot more time to get a new set, find the runes on the list, buy x6, apply them to the armor and buy the amulet than changing traits, that usually takes like a min.

The Best, would be to have your build template list where u can choose your build to use , and that automatically apply the runes, amulet, jewel, traits, weapons and their sigils.
This would be a well done job, and even if it will cost some gems i would buy it cause i change build like every day on 4-5 toons…… yeh i’m a build maniac, i test a kittenload of builds even on toons i do not play with :p