Tequatl pre-event or warning of event start?

in Suggestions

Posted by: owaine.7513

owaine.7513

I liked the new Tequatl fight for a variety of reasons and would like the opportunity to do it again. I noticed, though, the last few times I’ve been wandering around Swampfly, the area is now a ghost town. I seldom see many players on that map even during prime time (I’m on TC).

I think part of the problem is that unlike the other big world events, there is no pre-event to signal that it’s about to start. With the event itself having a very tight time limit, there just isn’t time to muster guildies, let alone map into LA and let people know help is needed. This is one of the things I appreciate about the other big events, I can be chilling in LA and see a call out and go join in.

This is particularly crucial for Teq since we know he needs a coordinated group of 80 or so. Having no time to muster or organize pretty much guarantees he’ll never be done again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Now this idea I can get behind.

The lack of a pre-event definitely makes the time limit so much more insurmountable for the servers that aren’t able to sustain a full map of people camping at Sparkfly 24×7.

With this implemented we’ll at least have a window of time to gather people and not be already at a timing disadvantage by the time we find out that the event has started.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

There definetely should be pre-events, to gap over the time waiting for Tequatls appearance so that you know, once the pre-event is done, that everyone then has basocalyl say like 30 minutes FIX to prepare the upcoming battle, so that people can organize themself if needed.

And both, Pre-Event(s) as like the the Tequatl Fight itself should have both the chances for the same loot, just with the Tequatl-Fight having a much higher drop rate for the sunless weapons/minipet so that theres also really a rewardign incentive to make the pre-event(s) to let Tequatl appear.

However, I think the whole battle needs in near future again a slight redesign/rework so that the event won’t die out ..
Many people are already complaing about that the inerest for battling Tequatl has masssively sunken down in a short time after the last patch…

Most have done a few successful kills, have now their achievements/titles and iwell never do the battle again, cause of the rewards being crap as usual letting us players feel like playing a stupid 0815 asia grinder and not a game, which wants to be the best MMO out there that really rewards players for participoating it its dynamic events.

Green/blue crap is no reward. Every item that drops there should be at least of max level exotic quality. Then we speak of REWARDING loot.
Make Tequatl Mini accountbound and raise the chance of getting it and allow players to throw multiples of them into the mystic forge to have a chance to get a randomous other rare to exotic mini pet …

ANet fixed with the latest patch the turret afk problem, but I think the whole battle design needs more fixes, . The battle should SCALE DOWN
Seriously, Anet said that you need like 60-80 max level best geared players to beat him.
Whats do we have really ?? It needs 130-150 full geared players with super coordination !! So double as much players are required to beat him, than it has been announced what will be needed..

WTF can I say there only, when in the end alot more players and effort is needed to beat that dragon, than it has been announced that we should need, then theres imo absolutely wrong with the battle and all the massive problems with the overflow PROOF that

So the best thign Anet should do to save this great event from totally dieing out in future is to scale the difficulty down, than you really need only 60-80 players to defeat him and not 130-150, where alone 100-120 people are in the ZERG to do the DPS thats required to bring his insane amount of health quickly enough down, which can’t also fully concentrate thenmself on ful dps, cause of lots of deaths, rezzing downed players, time wasting for self heals to survive to keep up the dps as high as possible as long as possible.

Would be only 60-80 people be required without having to do such super insane elitist ts coordination, then I think people also wouldn’t have such big problems with endign up in overflows, as long everyone just knows, what is to do and the battle scales down as like up, in regard of how many people is facing off

The battle should scale between 3 options…

60-80 People, 90-120 People and Full Map

If there are only 60-80 people or 90-120 peoole, following thigns should scale down:

1) the Health, Defense Power and Attack Power of Tequatl as also the frequence of specific attacks of him

2) The amount of Tequatl Fingers spawning and their frequency

3) The amount of enemies spawning when defendign the batteries or the times getting reduced how long you have to defend and fittign to that scales also the time that the peopole have to defeat him.
Means, lesser people = also lesser time to defeat him.

4) rewards should SCALE UP in regard of the amount of participating people.
Means, a full map encounter will have higher drop rates for sunless weapons, then an encounter with the minimum required amount of players

Just some points id change about the whole battle including pre-events…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside