The Guild Wars 2 Community

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

You sure your not just on a more antisocial server? ive not noticed any problems with comunity on whiteside ridge for instance, well some zones can be quiet but thats more down to them not being as widely used as others but i usually notice people just chatting away on mapchat or local /say in certain zones and other than the first guild i joined ive not foud mysef stuck for conversation in my guild(i am the leader though lol).

Mayeb try shifting servers and see if that helps improve your sense of comunity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VanderBeltLegacy.4736

VanderBeltLegacy.4736

GoM server last night, i helped some guy out, learn more about the game/showed him the asura gate’s to get to each start area, gave advice on crafting etc., helped him do 90% of charr starting(he was tired by now) and then gave him some free food for bonus exp. etc…why?, because no 1 even answered my Q’s when i first started, and was many times told “just go find out for yourself”, so i self learned…and i have to say, there nothing more fun then trying to out-survive each other on OP bosses, but have 1 another for an emergency, revive.

“When you fill a heart on your map, do you do it togheter or for yourself?
When you do an event, do you do it for the surrounding strangers or for yourself?
When you do WvWvW.. is it for the server, or the badges?”"

for yourself
for yourself(the more you have to do with success=Gold/Silver/Bronze event reward)
Server mainly, but i say both.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

I would be more concerned about the lack of group effort if people were constantly left downed or dead instead of being helped. This hasn’t happened in my experience. Sometimes when I’m defeated and don’t see anyone around I’ll afk for a few minutes just to do whatever irl and I’ll come back to someone rezzing me. The community might not be all that chatty out in the world outside of guilds, but they’re certainly helpful, friendly and willing to work together.

All it really takes to get most players talking is breaking the ice yourself.