The Haunted Windmill...

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I was going to write up a scary backstory to go with this but I’ve lost interest…

Would simply changing the windmill so it removed the bloodlust buff from everyone within 10,000 yards resolve all the complaining? the area would include the whole ridge and the area north of the skill point.

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zimmy.4726

Zimmy.4726

good idea but you honestly think Anet will support that?

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

No… no it wouldn’t.

It would allow GvGs and Duels but the Bloodlust Buff is problematic for far more reasons than that.

Take a step back and think about this:

ANet refuses to add any meaningful Stats to the Outnumbered Buff but has no problem with a Server that is already dominating to pick up +150 to all Stats plus +3 Points per Stomp in imbalanced matches.

That’s the real problem with the Buff – it leads to snowballing and most matches right now aren’t close to balanced enough to overcome it.

NAGA|TC

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

the +3 points per stomp in imbalanced matches is a good thing as it will help separate the servers more in the ratings. Also it increases rating gain in primetimes (making NA prime more valuable) without negatively effecting other time periods in the day.

the stats is just bleh, and needs to be changed to something worth fighting over, and not a stat advantage for a winning server to keep on winning.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

It would sure solve part of the problem. But it’s clear anet cold not care less about the duel/gvg scene regardless of its popularity.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Honestly it would be better to just ditch the Bloodlust buff, chalk it up to it didn’t work and was problematic for many servers/players. I believe there is plenty of options they could use instead of a stat buff.

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

the +3 points per stomp in imbalanced matches is a good thing as it will help separate the servers more in the ratings. Also it increases rating gain in primetimes (making NA prime more valuable) without negatively effecting other time periods in the day.

the stats is just bleh, and needs to be changed to something worth fighting over, and not a stat advantage for a winning server to keep on winning.

Except Rating is meaningless in a few weeks… :P

I personally like the addition of the Score-per-Stomp and think it would be fine on its own if they eliminated the Stat Boost. With the Stat Boost though it just makes piling-on even worse.

NAGA|TC

The Haunted Windmill...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I was going to write up a scary backstory to go with this but I’ve lost interest…

Would simply changing the windmill so it removed the bloodlust buff from everyone within 10,000 yards resolve all the complaining? the area would include the whole ridge and the area north of the skill point.

This would help GvG but most people complaining about the buff are dealing with blowout matches where the strong are getting stronger. Nothing against GvG but the biggest issue currently is 6/8 matches being absolute garbage.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow