The broadcasting of events should be removed

in Suggestions

Posted by: ropestar.7645

ropestar.7645

To clarify: when you’re running around in the world, you get pop-ups in the top right-hand corner of your screen informing you of nearby events that are occurring. In addition, your map has orange icons and circles showing you where these events are happening.

I think these features should be removed, and the primary reason is because the zerging of events are unfun.

Why event zerging is bad:
- It’s not challenging. When you have enough people showing up, everyone can rez each other and cover each other’s backs, making it extremely easy to win the fight.
- It’s a mess. People are spamming their skills everywhere, making it hard to tell what’s going on.
- Boss fights are tediously boring. Bosses don’t have a prayer of a chance when everyone is single targeting with cc and damage. In addition, you can’t tell what the boss is doing through all the skill animations, which removes any strategic avenue in reacting to the boss. You’re only choice is to spam.
- You don’t matter. When 30 people are there cleaning out mobs in 1-2 seconds flat, you simply won’t have enough time to make any impact on the fight.

What could replace these notifications:
- NPCs in the immediate area could run around shouting about whatever is happening, and in some cases run up to players nearby (this already happens with some event triggers and it’s a really great feature that should be used more). This better immerses the player in the world by forcing them to pay attention to their surroundings, rather than their quest notifications and maps. Also, because it’s not broadcasted (just the IMMEDIATE area of the event), less people will show up.
- Once you enter the immediate area of the event, you get your event notification in the upper right-hand corner describing what’s going on, your objectives, etc.

Why removing event broadcasting is a good thing:
- Less people show up, which means less zerging.
- Events will feel more special, and more organic to the world around you. You’ll be paying less attention to your map, and more to what’s in front of you.
- It’ll encourage communication. Rather than the game telling you something is happening, it’ll be your friends or other players, or if you’re close enough, NPCs, which helps build community and immersion.
- It’ll encourage exploration. Event notifications on the map allow players to go from A to B. Without it, they’re forced to run around and discover things for themselves.

One final tidbit. I think event broadcasting should stay for the events that were built for a large amount of players, such as the Shatterer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Madtobias.8243

Madtobias.8243

I agree with all that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Um, this happens already.

Event notification is really close range, and its NPCs further away that shout to attract your attention, you speak to them and they mark the event for you.

Not sure on your points, as the game already works exactly as you suggest.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omegacomet.7415

Omegacomet.7415

I like your idea of just npcs running around giving the notification. So i officially agree with this thread.

Omegacomet
Ronin Elite
www.roninelite.webs.com

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

Event notification is really close range, and its NPCs further away that shout to attract your attention, you speak to them and they mark the event for you.

What I’m saying is event notification is too far-reaching.

And yes, I acknowledge that some events trigger with an NPC shouting at you. What I’m say is ALL events should do this.

The game is too zergy. Sometimes events have a good mix of players, but not often.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

And yes, I acknowledge that some events trigger with an NPC shouting at you. What I’m say is ALL events should do this.

The game is too zergy. Sometimes events have a good mix of players, but not often.

It happens already.

Notifications are usually pretty localised already. and its only larger zone events which are longer range.

NPCs act as event criers for most events already.

If you shorten the event notification even smaller (and I think its too small as it is) then it will become hard to find events, as they are the main PVE content thats bad, I dont want to run round for 2hours looking for events, fearing that I missed them because I did nto get stupidly close to see them happening.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

It happens already.

Notifications are usually pretty localised already. and its only larger zone events which are longer range.

NPCs act as event criers for most events already.

If you shorten the event notification even smaller (and I think its too small as it is) then it will become hard to find events, as they are the main PVE content thats bad, I dont want to run round for 2hours looking for events, fearing that I missed them because I did nto get stupidly close to see them happening.

We have a difference in opinion on what constitutes far and close for event notification. Because most of the events I encounter have too many people playing it (zerging), I’ve concluded that event notification is too far-reaching.

Let me clarify: I want NPC’s to be the ONLY means for the game to tell you that an event is happening. That is way more immersive and interesting than bright orange UI’s flashing off my screen every minute. Once you’re in the immediate area of the eevnt, you get your quest objectives in the upper right hand corner.

As it is right now, it’s too easy to find events (evidence: zerging). So let’s make it harder. Not much harder, but hard enough that there isn’t 10+ people showing up, because when that happens, it breaks the event.

I don’t think my proposal will make it too difficult to find events. If you pay attention to what’s in front of you, you’ll see fights happening off in the distance and want to find out what’s going on. You’ll also have NPCs telling you what’s happening, or people in the chat as a last resort. All of these things are way more immersive and interesting than current system, and I think it’ll help solve the zerg problem, which is my main concern.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

I TOTALLY support this idea, I would love the feel to stumble on an event, instead of walking in a direction, seeing ‘’ EVENT NEARBY ’’ and then switching direction to go toward the event.

Sure I could ignore the prompt, but it wouldn’t feel right, I’d rather miss events without realizing it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

It wouldn’t work, people already post events in area chat and there is no way to stop players from doing that unless you prevent communication entirely.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

It would work. By getting rid of the UI notification, which is flashy and gets players’ attention rather quickly, less players will show up, because they don’t know the event is happening.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

less players showing up is not a good result. The main content in this game is DEs, you want people doing them, they need to be easy to find.

Now, I agree they shoudl be harder, and there is another thread, but limiting number of players participatign is not the answer, its like the elitist jerks in wow wanting to limit access to raids and such like. People need easily accessible content. That does not mean they need easy content.

DE difficulty needs increasing, but by actually making it harder, not arbitrarily limiting number of players taking part.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

well I dont agree , leave it as it is.

On a few alts when I have seen this often when I reach it, its all over.

Have to remember not everyones playstyle is not the same as yourself.

Just go with the flow

in Suggestions

Posted by: CassSmith.2639

CassSmith.2639

I personally love knowing whats going on. As for Zerging? You think its bad now, wait til theres more people at the level for doing the event If you want a team orientated fight rather than more raid style, maybe you need to do dungeons or go to GW1 where no one other than the party could enter. Seriously, its an MMORPG, the events are made to be a massive event where everyone can participate otherwise they would have made raid instances sigh This is not your standard MMORPG and for that I love GW2, unfortunately you cant please everyone. I will add that some of the alerts do help with how to activate the final event, do you want them to trigger less because people dont have a clue as to what is going on? blink

Good mix of players? blink This seriously sounds like trinity talk, which doesnt exist in GW2…. If theres a lack of heals etc, this is because balancing is currently wonky and awarding MASSIVE participation to DPS and either none or next to none for heals/support, when thats fixed, maybe more will heal etc, rather than playing the me, me, me game, although theres still the alure of the big flashy damage numbers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

At least make the orange circles appear much much smaller..I cant beleive no one in arena net predicted something like this would happen

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

less players showing up is not a good result. The main content in this game is DEs, you want people doing them, they need to be easy to find.

Now, I agree they shoudl be harder, and there is another thread, but limiting number of players participatign is not the answer, its like the elitist jerks in wow wanting to limit access to raids and such like. People need easily accessible content. That does not mean they need easy content.

DE difficulty needs increasing, but by actually making it harder, not arbitrarily limiting number of players taking part.

Less players showing up is a great result. Some of the my best moments in this game are when me and maybe 2-3 other people show up to an event. It’s much more challenging, way more dramatic and tense, and there aren’t a zillion particle effects mucking up the combat, so I can actually SEE what the boss is about to do, rather than shrug my shoulders when I hit the ground cause I got one-shotted. I actually add WEIGHT to the fight, and it’s a much more intimate experience, because these 2-3 other guys actually rely on me. Is it a coincidence sPVP is 5v5? No, it’s because this game’s combat really shines with that amount of players.

You say people need easy access to content. There’s plenty of that. Hearts, vistas, waypoints, personal story, points-of-interest, crafting, dungeons, all of these things give you exp and other rewards, and all of these are easy to find. I don’t even think my proposal would be that hard to find anyways, for the reasons I’ve already said.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haplo.5804

Haplo.5804

I would think the massive zerg factor will be less once the game is a little older and the player base is more spread out.

in Suggestions

CassSmith.2639

Yes people have access to other content, DEs are part of that content, therefore you will get the server population attending world DEs. Dungeons are your friend, they are the ones limited to the number of players and there are DEs in the dungeons, those sound right up your alley.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

I personally love knowing whats going on. As for Zerging? You think its bad now, wait til theres more people at the level for doing the event If you want a team orientated fight rather than more raid style, maybe you need to do dungeons or go to GW1 where no one other than the party could enter. Seriously, its an MMORPG, the events are made to be a massive event where everyone can participate otherwise they would have made raid instances sigh This is not your standard MMORPG and for that I love GW2, unfortunately you cant please everyone. I will add that some of the alerts do help with how to activate the final event, do you want them to trigger less because people dont have a clue as to what is going on? blink

Good mix of players? blink This seriously sounds like trinity talk, which doesnt exist in GW2…. If theres a lack of heals etc, this is because balancing is currently wonky and awarding MASSIVE participation to DPS and either none or next to none for heals/support, when thats fixed, maybe more will heal etc, rather than playing the me, me, me game, although theres still the alure of the big flashy damage numbers.

When I say a good mix of players, I mean a good amount, which in my experience has been around 2-7, dependent on the event. Once you start getting to 10+ players, the event is horrible, boring mess.

Telling me this isn’t a standard MMORPG doesn’t counter any of the arguments that I have raised. I can’t really tell where you’re coming from in your post – don’t you think zerging is a pretty big problem? Ignore the difficulty problem (everyone agrees that events are too easy) and focus on the issues I’ve raised about zerging.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

Yes people have access to other content, DEs are part of that content, therefore you will get the server population attending world DEs. Dungeons are your friend, they are the ones limited to the number of players and there are DEs in the dungeons, those sound right up your alley.

How about we talk about events rather than dungeons? Event zerging is a problem, agree or disagree?

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

I would think the massive zerg factor will be less once the game is a little older and the player base is more spread out.

I’ve heard this before, and suspect it’s just wishful thinking, but you might be right.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

The problem with this suggestion is that it would require lots more DEs in each area to make it work. As it stands right now, you often have to rely on events that are some distance away in order to ensure you stay on the leveling curve.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sigma.9746

Sigma.9746

This is, in my opinion, an absolutely terrible idea. The biggest problem with this game right now is that if you’re not lucky enough to know where Dynamic chains start and manage to hop on the train you’re left with massive content gaps. Sure, you can WvWvW or craft for a bit, but those also take time and can be pretty boring compared to questing. I’d support a toggle in the main map that only shows up there that reveals every dynamic event on the map. Make it less painful to get a toon up through zones and get to the more enjoyable dungeons. There’s a reason everyone jumped on cooking to powerlevel and it’s not because events were too easy to zerg

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

Less players showing up is a great result. Some of the my best moments in this game are when me and maybe 2-3 other people show up to an event. It’s much more challenging, way more dramatic and tense, and there aren’t a zillion particle effects mucking up the combat, so I can actually SEE what the boss is about to do, rather than shrug my shoulders when I hit the ground cause I got one-shotted. I actually add WEIGHT to the fight, and it’s a much more intimate experience, because these 2-3 other guys actually rely on me. Is it a coincidence sPVP is 5v5? No, it’s because this game’s combat really shines with that amount of players.

You say people need easy access to content. There’s plenty of that. Hearts, vistas, waypoints, personal story, points-of-interest, crafting, dungeons, all of these things give you exp and other rewards, and all of these are easy to find. I don’t even think my proposal would be that hard to find anyways, for the reasons I’ve already said.

if you want a solo game or a small group game D3 >>>>thatway. This is an MMO, you may want to look up the meanign of the first M.

in Suggestions

CassSmith.2639

How about we talk about events rather than dungeons? Event zerging is a problem, agree or disagree?

Not possible unless you only want open world events discussed, as I mentioned, DEs aka DYNAMIC EVENTS occur in dungeons also and are limited in number that can participate and as I mentioned earlier, I do not see the massive amounts of people (aka zerging) as an issue.

(edited by CassSmith.2639)

in Suggestions

CassSmith.2639

BTW reading back, if particle effects are your issue, maybe its time to 1. Turn down the graphics or 2. Upgrade the computer I don’t have an issue with them normally, even in these zergs.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

This is, in my opinion, an absolutely terrible idea. The biggest problem with this game right now is that if you’re not lucky enough to know where Dynamic chains start and manage to hop on the train you’re left with massive content gaps. Sure, you can WvWvW or craft for a bit, but those also take time and can be pretty boring compared to questing. I’d support a toggle in the main map that only shows up there that reveals every dynamic event on the map. Make it less painful to get a toon up through zones and get to the more enjoyable dungeons. There’s a reason everyone jumped on cooking to powerlevel and it’s not because events were too easy to zerg

What do you mean by “content gap,” and why is it bad to miss content if you know you can always get it later?

I honestly don’t care about powerlevers, one the best aspects of this game is exploring and that’s ruined when you spoon-feed people open-world event locations.

in Suggestions

Mandrax.7342

What do you mean by “content gap,” and why is it bad to miss content if you know you can always get it later?

I honestly don’t care about powerlevers, one the best aspects of this game is exploring and that’s ruined when you spoon-feed people open-world event locations.

What he means is that it’s possible to miss out on many events right now and thus you do not have enough XP to carry you through the zones. And that is with the current system i.e long range on broadcast of events.

Reduce the range and suddenly there will be even less events showing up meaning that you are missing out on even more XP. This can be solved of course by adding more events or more frequent events.

Sure exploring is fun, but one of the reasons I explore is to find more events. When reducing the range of the broadcast you are reducing my chances of finding said events.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

if you want a solo game or a small group game D3 >>>>thatway. This is an MMO, you may want to look up the meanign of the first M.

I already said let events that were built for alot of players have the zerg. You don’t need to be snarky. How about you actually address my arguments?

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

Not possible unless you only want open world events discussed, as I mentioned, DEs aka DYNAMIC EVENTS occur in dungeons also and are limited in number that can participate and as I mentioned earlier, I do not see the massive amounts of people (aka zerging) as an issue.

I think it’s pretty obvious I’m talking about open-world events only.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

BTW reading back, if particle effects are your issue, maybe its time to 1. Turn down the graphics or 2. Upgrade the computer I don’t have an issue with them normally, even in these zergs.

You don’t have a problem when 15+ people are spamming their skills on a boss? Really?

http://gw2wvw.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/gw2_bwe1043-1.jpg

No amount of graphics tweaks will fix that.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

I already said let events that were built for alot of players have the zerg. You don’t need to be snarky. How about you actually address my arguments?

did not mean to be overly snarky, must be chanelling my inner asura!

I disagree with your stance in principle. I like massive player events, my favorite ones are when loads of people turn up.

My issue is they need to be made harder to failure is a real possibility, but I dont want it made harder to get involved in DEs. Its annoying enough as it is to find them sometimes.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

You don’t have a problem when 15+ people are spamming their skills on a boss? Really?

Actually there is one. Rift has an option to show only your spell effects on a boss. problem solved.

in Suggestions

Posted by: walter krause.1675

walter krause.1675

I agree with the original post. Being notified and not only that but showing for example “5/8 waves remaining ..” doesn’t make the DE’s feel organic enough. They honestly begin to feel more like farmable tasks that are on a spawn timer. They NEED to in my opinion meld in more with the world so they feel real, organic and alive.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

What he means is that it’s possible to miss out on many events right now and thus you do not have enough XP to carry you through the zones. And that is with the current system i.e long range on broadcast of events.

Reduce the range and suddenly there will be even less events showing up meaning that you are missing out on even more XP. This can be solved of course by adding more events or more frequent events.

Sure exploring is fun, but one of the reasons I explore is to find more events. When reducing the range of the broadcast you are reducing my chances of finding said events.

That’s an easy fix, if it’s even a problem. Give more exp to hearts, or anything else really, or like you said, add more events.

Not necessarily, if you really like exploring you’ll naturally stumble upon events. As it is now, it’s ridiculously easy to find events.

in Suggestions

CassSmith.2639

Yay OLD content that’s been tweaked since, learn to look at the ground also, you know those BIG red circles, that you’re not looking at? Those are what are killing you most likely, I know there’s a lot going on but its possible to do, really and don’t say you cant see circles, I see them clearly in the picture of non optimized content. Not to mention this was a stress test and they filtered everyone into that area, you don’t get that compact a fight, at least yet.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

Actually there is one. Rift has an option to show only your spell effects on a boss. problem solved.

Nope, because you need to know what the other players are casting, for combos, AoE heals, and other useful information.

in Suggestions

Mandrax.7342

That’s an easy fix, if it’s even a problem. Give more exp to hearts, or anything else really, or like you said, add more events.

Not necessarily, if you really like exploring you’ll naturally stumble upon events. As it is now, it’s ridiculously easy to find events.

Your ‘easy fix’ would require considerably more development time. It’s far more productive to the game as a whole to have less events but keep the broadcast range high to attract more players.

Now you say it’s ridiculously easy to find events, and I would agree that on my main, it has been easy. But, when on an alt in zones that are far less cluttered with people as many have leveled past the starter zones, events seem to crop up less and less. Some of my toons I struggle to pick up enough XP to get from point to point because there are not enough events popping.

It’s not just me either. There are many threads on many different fansites talking about the same issue.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

Yay OLD content that’s been tweaked since, learn to look at the ground also, you know those BIG red circles, that you’re not looking at? Those are what are killing you most likely, I know there’s a lot going on but its possible to do, really and don’t say you cant see circles, I see them clearly in the picture of non optimized content. Not to mention this was a stress test and they filtered everyone into that area, you don’t get that compact a fight, at least yet.

The picture is just an example. They’ve turned down the effects but it’s still not enough.

I actually don’t die that often but thanks for the snarky comment. I realize what the circles do, and they’re useful. But that doesn’t address the fact that you can’t see what the boss is doing (going for a wind-up knockdown, for example). And that is also looks really bad.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

Nope, because you need to know what the other players are casting, for combos, AoE heals, and other useful information.

not really, not in a group situation, a simple white circle to indicate a friendly aoe, with maybe a rune or symbol to denote field type is all that is needed at its most simplistic.

I think this thread is pointless anyway, the more I think about it. You are arguing against one of Anets principle desing goals for the game, to get players playing together….

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

Your ‘easy fix’ would require considerably more development time. It’s far more productive to the game as a whole to have less events but keep the broadcast range high to attract more players.

Now you say it’s ridiculously easy to find events, and I would agree that on my main, it has been easy. But, when on an alt in zones that are far less cluttered with people as many have leveled past the starter zones, events seem to crop up less and less. Some of my toons I struggle to pick up enough XP to get from point to point because there are not enough events popping.

It’s not just me either. There are many threads on many different fansites talking about the same issue.

“Considerably more development time” is a huge overstatement. Change how much exp hearts give. Bam. Done.

I don’t see how this is the case. Between daily quest achievements, hearts, crafting, waypoints, points-of-interest, vistas, personal story, and killing trash mobs, you can level pretty steadily without having to do a bunch of events (you have to do 5 events for daily achievements, but this can easily be changed).

If were talking about powerleveling, I could really care less, I’d rather this game take care in immersing me in the beautiful world the devs created rather than catering to powerlevellers. Why is getting to 80 as fast as possible so important to some people? Just enjoy the game you knuckleheads.

in Suggestions

Posted by: redhand.7168

redhand.7168

I agree that zerging is a problem (and one of the reasons I tend to stay away from WvW), but I do think this problem will tone down a bit once the game has been given time to mature and the playerbase is more spread out.

However, I do like the idea of the UI being toned down a little in this respect and given the notifications solely to the NPCs that run up and shout at you. I really like that kind of immersion. It’s something this game does really well and I think it should keep going in that direction!

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

not really, not in a group situation, a simple white circle to indicate a friendly aoe, with maybe a rune or symbol to denote field type is all that is needed at its most simplistic.

I think this thread is pointless anyway, the more I think about it. You are arguing against one of Anets principle desing goals for the game, to get players playing together….

The funny thing is, players AREN’T playing together by any meaningful definition of the word: they’re spamming their single targets on bosses, or their AoE’s on mobs, bam, done, run to the next event, rinse and repeat. Boring boring boring.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

I agree that zerging is a problem (and one of the reasons I tend to stay away from WvW), but I do think this problem will tone down a bit once the game has been given time to mature and the playerbase is more spread out.

However, I do like the idea of the UI being toned down a little in this respect and given the notifications solely to the NPCs that run up and shout at you. I really like that kind of immersion. It’s something this game does really well and I think it should keep going in that direction!

if its an option you can toggle fine. but I want to be notified of events thanks. If you dont thats fine, I@m happy for you to be able to turn it off, Personally I’d up notification range. Possibly even allow settign up of alerts for major events.

in Suggestions

Mandrax.7342

@ Ropestar

Hearts are NOT what this game is about. Events are. Buffing XP from them to make up for the loss of DE’s would be an unforgivable design decision. Hearts should never become the preferred method to level. Let’s remember they are only in place to help guide the players that need hand holding.

By the way who mentioned speed to level? It’s not related at all to any if my points. I am talking about getting enough XP to keep up with the curve. Too few events leaves holes in XP gain that are difficult to plug. This has nothing to do with power levelling.

(edited by Mandrax.7342)

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

So let’s buff exp for events? Or crafting? Or the literally 10 other ways you can gain exp in this game? Why must playing events constantly be the only option?

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

So let’s buff exp for events? Or crafting? Or the literally 10 other ways you can gain exp in this game? Why must playing events constantly be the only option?

its not the only option, but its the major PVE content in the game…..its why people want to play this game for PVE, and you want to reduce their ability to take part? I really cant understand how you think thats a good idea….

come play GW2..where its a right PITA to find any of our signature dynamic content…..

not exactly the strategy I’d go for if I was a dev.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

I love being able to enter a new zone and just run around, knowing that I’ll be alerted if I’m near something that’s going on. I’d rather run through a zone and be alerted to something I might want to see and take a detour, rather than running through the zone and hope I just pass by that one NPC that’ll lead me to whatever is going on. I enjoy exploring a zone without the risk of missing something cool…why make the cool stuff harder to see?

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

its not the only option, but its the major PVE content in the game…..its why people want to play this game for PVE, and you want to reduce their ability to take part? I really cant understand how you think thats a good idea….

come play GW2..where its a right PITA to find any of our signature dynamic content…..

not exactly the strategy I’d go for if I was a dev.

Reducing the ability to take part, to make the events better, is a good tradeoff, and something I would definitely consider if I were a dev.

And let’s remember, I really don’t think my proposal would significantly reduce the ability to find an event. Just slightly, so that zerging becomes way less frequent.

in Suggestions

ropestar.7645

I love being able to enter a new zone and just run around, knowing that I’ll be alerted if I’m near something that’s going on. I’d rather run through a zone and be alerted to something I might want to see and take a detour, rather than running through the zone and hope I just pass by that one NPC that’ll lead me to whatever is going on. I enjoy exploring a zone without the risk of missing something cool…why make the cool stuff harder to see?

You pay attention to NPCs already don’t you? If you don’t, I think that’s a shame, because they bring alot to the environment and immersion of the world around you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furyan.9578

Furyan.9578

Removing the notification won’t tame the zerg, since people will just shout it on map or simply ask.

The notification is the “hey, I just met you, and this is crazy but and event’s up maybe?” poke to get people playing the actual content. It’s point of the "Ok, we’re not going to have big “!” over NPCs heads for content, but still a form of notifying players there’s something to be done."