The perfect legendary armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: cillercammy.8064

cillercammy.8064

Gw2 is my favorite MMO out there, but there has always been one thing that has bothered me. Armor in GW2 is seperated into 3 types ( light, medium and heavy).
Because of this, classes in the game don’t really stand out. Engi’s, thieves and rangers most of the time all look the same. The same goes for light armor and heavy armor classes. I hate that i cant tell what class someone is unless I click on them or watch them fight.

It would be amazing if LEGENDARY ARMOR was separated by class giving us 8 unique armors that make each class stand out as legendary. I know during development ANET didn’t have the resources to do that but now that the game has been out over a year and the gem store is doing well, it must be more than possible! Hell you guys are able to release huge world changing patches every two weeks. Surely you could finally give us class armor!!!

I would love it and the players would love it! It would be legendary!!!!!

P.S
Anet if you find it in your heart to do this………. I play and Engi and would love an awesome Engi set that’s all tinkerer style with gizmos and gadgets…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think this would be great.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

+1

Class specific armor would be great anyways, but as a legendary armor that would be beyond awesome. And great for show off. ;D

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lablamb.2419

Lablamb.2419

This would lead to Elementalist and Mesmer armor to look stupid and the rest to look amazing. I would like to see this class-specific armor idea become real though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Why would ele and mesmer end up looking stupid?

But I would actually like to see class specific armor would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Somehow, I perceive this as “please, make us grind more”.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Suggestions

cillercammy.8064

I’m curious how this can be perceived as asking for a grind? I’m asking for class specific armor….. rather than just Heavy medium or light… that has nothing to do with obtaining, grinding or crafting at all. It simply means: Engineer armor, Warrior armor, Necro armor, Mesmer armor etc…… looks built for specific classes… I think you misunderstood my post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

“But I want my warrior to have the guardian armor”. “The ranger armor looks so much better than the thief armor”. "Ele armor has way more particles than my necro armor. Expect quotes like these even if all the armors are equally awesome and are perfect for the respective class

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

“But I want my warrior to have the guardian armor”. “The ranger armor looks so much better than the thief armor”. "Ele armor has way more particles than my necro armor. Expect quotes like these even if all the armors are equally awesome and are perfect for the respective class

pretty simple solution, they make class themed ones, they then make them not class specific in use.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I don’t think it’s feasable since they have to design 8 different sets to match all the professions and all statures.

I’d rather see legendary rings/amulets which give the player a unique animation. Make players hover 2 feet above ground instead of running, or change the color of projectiles etc.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I would love this. I think the little things like the Aegis shield is a good step to show off a Guardian but it would be nice if they added even more for professions. I’ve love to make my Warrior even more big and bad looking…I really enjoy the dark armor + twilight look but since its the only real dark theme you can get, its really common.

Maguuma Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

While I agree that it will be really cool to have the legendary armor done by classes. I feel that overall it’s too limiting. Meaning the each class will only have the 1 armor option for their legendary armor look and that’s just not a good idea. For one not everyone has the same tastes for their characters and let’s face it who is going to want to make a legendary armor just so they can look like everyone else in their legendary armor. It’s one thing when every 5th greatsword is twilight, but another when everyone is wearing the same thing. So I’d be down for it if there was like 3 different options for each, but that’s not exactly feasible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

pretty simple solution, they make class themed ones, they then make them not class specific in use.

This
Also a racial legendary armor would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’m curious how this can be perceived as asking for a grind? I’m asking for class specific armor….. rather than just Heavy medium or light… that has nothing to do with obtaining, grinding or crafting at all. It simply means: Engineer armor, Warrior armor, Necro armor, Mesmer armor etc…… looks built for specific classes… I think you misunderstood my post.

Sorry then, I think it was just because of the term “LEGENDARY”.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

BUT it has to be designed in a way that would look good on Asura and Charr too!

if necessary they should make a separate class AND race specific armor for Charr and Asuras with little adaptions so that there arent any clipping issues etc.

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I hope next year will bring legendary armors and it should cost at least 1000g per part to craft.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

oh im sure too this will be expensive but i also would like be able as a guardian to wear the warrior legendary if i feel it suit me more

MattVisual also had a nice idea he said it would be nice if legendary armor give u an extra like it cant break after u die. I felt that very nice. beside the change stats ooc

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The legendary effects (whatever they may be) can be class-specific – I like that idea – but I think the “legendary” part of the armor should be a recipe or slot-able item that lets you upgrade any armor skin to legendary status.

That way people can keep the armor skins they like and maintain some individuality., then upgrade them with the legendary effects.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

For legendary armour, I’d love to see it be:

—> Same stats as ascended armour
—> Same stat switching ability that ascended armour would have
—> Make them dyeable – after all, there is nothing worse than having amazing skins like hellfire and radiant only to find out they can’t be dyed :-(
—> Each piece would have an animation/special effect. Whether it be rocky/volcanic-like armour with flowing lava for a fire elementalist, or armour with bolts of thunder bouncing to and fro from it (would match the bolt legendary sword perfectly)

If Anet wanted to make them REALLY special, perhaps each piece could be customised so that certain parts of the armour could be moved to a different position. For example, if there were a sylvari/tree/branch-like sort of armour, you could have it so that some branches could protrude from the side of the armour, or in front, or from the back etc. to make it really unique. It would be quite a mission though.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Suggestions

cillercammy.8064

Great responses guys!! keep them coming! I’d love to hear more opinions on this and some new ideas too!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Separated by class, but more importantly RACE.

The current state of armour for non-human races is often abysmal, especially for Charr.

Any attempt at legendary armour absolutely must not be the warped copy-pasted human models we’ve seen with every new set since launch.