The problem with leveling.

The problem with leveling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: QueenHysteria.1084

QueenHysteria.1084

Even though GW2 tries to offer more content and the option to instant 80 on relevant events this game carries the same issues most MMO’s do. That is not offering enough for the Journey instead of just focusing on rewarding you when you get there. Level’s do come fast in this game but most content if not all of it is aimed at Max level. It makes players focus on rushing through the game to get max level so they can join their friends and do the max level content of the game.

That’s fine if you like focusing on your destination but I like to focus on the trip. There just isn’t anything for you as you’re leveling aside from following along in the story. There’s not enough dungeons or level specific challenges. In GW1 this didn’t matter because you were max level 20% into the story. There were only a few dungeons but there were many challenges to face in each mission so you paid attention to the question experience. Now that 80 is the max and the game is level specific there’s not enough to fill in the void to make level tiers special or memorable other than (you cant go to that zone yet). You just quest and level and follow the story till you hit max then do the things you couldn’t really before. There are a few sub 80 dungeons but what’s significant about them when levels come so fast? One day your 20 then the next day your 50. Everything in this game gives you EXP even signing in (okay I’m kidding about that). I just miss the idea of levels not mattering and the story/game mattering. GW1 was brilliant for saying F—- leveling! We’re about the game. Now I find myself with a level 40 character in level 20 zones still digging through the story line because you get too much EXP in this game! I wish GW had done away with leveling altogether and just made the game about building your character up through adventure and exploration. That was the angle of the old game and what made it unique. Why was that thrown out to adopt the standard MMO leveling system that made me run to GW in the first place?