Thief Balance Issues

Thief Balance Issues

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krazy Kyle.2549

Krazy Kyle.2549

The problem is that certain weapon sets are far better than other weapon sets, changes I feel may be needed.
Daggers (Dual Wielding)
-Heart Seeker: Should only be able to be used against a target. This prevents players from using it as a leap mechanism to fly away from people.

Sword/Gun
-Can now move while using Pistol Whip (instead of channeling the seven slashes in place, allows you to move while channeling)

Shortbow
-Remove the blink and replace with a blind
OR
Pistols (Dual Wielding)
-Pistol shots now ricochet passively
-Pistol Talent 7% Proc of Ricochet now has 7% chance to create exploding AoE bullets

Optional: Replace the blind from pistols with the blink from shortbow.

Dual Pistols are severely underused due to how strong the Shortbow is, also Dagger dual wielding is by far the strongest of all the melee weapon sets that the thief has.

i.e. I’m tired of seeing Dagger/Dagger w/Shortbow Thieves because it’s so far better than the other weapon set combinations.

Thief Balance Issues

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mrpopo.4593

Mrpopo.4593

thief is fine.

Thief Balance Issues

in Suggestions

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

Thief is fine except for being squishy. Real squishy.

Thief Balance Issues

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

I disagree with all of that.

Thief Balance Issues

in Suggestions

Krazy Kyle.2549

Thief is fine. Right. That’s why
Short Bow:
-Blink
-Cripple
-Poison
-Bleeding
-AoE
-Ricochet Shots

Pistols (Dual Wield)
-Bleeding
-Blind

Daggers have far more moveability than the sword/gun combo simply because of heartseeker, dislike how I said to change it, but the fact is still that there is a huge gap between the abilities of the weapon sets. I was told all weapon sets were balanced, but this is not the case with the thief.

Thief Balance Issues

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eibhilin.8729

Eibhilin.8729

I think with the 130 range PW kind of functions as an AOE. I don’t think people realize that it’s… channeled, that you stand still, and that the stun is only 1/2s.

Thief makes my face sad. I love the class. I think PW is fine, especially since so many people already complain about the skill in WvW. I’d rather… not exacerbate the “OMG thieves are SO OP” mentality. Especially when we’re so squishy. Sooo sooo squishy.

Thief Balance Issues

in Suggestions

Krazy Kyle.2549

This isn’t saying “Thieves are OP” nor am I attempting to nerf them in any huge fashion, this is to balance the weapons for the Thief to create a larger set of builds to be of use, rather than limiting the thief to two weapon sets.