Thief Heal - Superior Rune of Tormenting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Noglory.6195

Noglory.6195

Hello all !

I post for a problem with Thief heal skill “Withdraw” who make you roll backward.

The 6 bonus of the Superior Rune of Tomenting (small aoe of 2 stacks of torment around you) proc at the end of the roll.

- Query : Who uses that skill to get closer to his enemy ?
- Answer : Nobody.

So, in my opinion, the proc should be at the start of the roll.

What do you think ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I think this is a totally valid suggestion. Since you’re moving away from the enemy they’ll want to close the distance thus maximizing damage by torment. Good idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShiK.9184

ShiK.9184

You are totally right.
The proc at the end of “withdraw” have no sence.
A.net will maybe fix it the 15th october ? :O

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fonsk.2581

Fonsk.2581

This topic is interesting.

Need a fix…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

The problem I think is that the poetic on the torment is successfully casting a heal. Seeing as the skill doesn’t complete until the evade takes place I am not sure how easy it would be to alter this

You may simply be better off using a different heal if you want to run torment runes.

Would really have to look at all classes to see if something like the torment activating on the attempted use of a heal that regardless of it success the torment applies. And how that would play out to see would it be abuseable that they could hit their heal and then interrupt it and force it into a 3 sec Cooldown but still apply the torment. Sorta a have your cake and eat it too scenario

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Noglory.6195

Yeah I see the the potential problem, but if ArenaNet knows change the timing of the process only on spells like “Withdraw” that can’t be interrupted once started, the problem would bypassed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Yes but it likely isn’t a timing option. It’s more of when in the code the game checks to see if you have 6 torment runes. If that subroutine is written into the overall code in such a way that it is not feasible to place the call and activate routines within the middle of the skill. You can’t just say Oh they can move it.

While I hope it’s a easy fix, you have to be prepared that trying to adjust this would break more systems than a quick fix would be worth

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Piola.3782

Piola.3782

I really hope they resolve this problem!
Neeeeed a fix!

[OSC] Nefed SFR Thief
[OSC] Roipnol SFR Mezmer
MesmerVideos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Piolair

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

+1 a good idea. I was actually just contemplating picking up Torment runes and trying em out. Good to know this little tidbit.

What’s the radius on the 6/6 bonus? Will the evade pull you drastically out of range?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Noglory.6195

Hi all,
@ Seras, I don’t now exactly but it’s small, and the roll always put you Out of Range =/

@Teraphas, I saw on the preview of the patch notes a change to the ranger
“now applies Protection to your pet at start of your dodge roll and protection to you at end of the dodge roll.”

So there is a chance =D

(edited by Noglory.6195)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Would make sense, I never use this skill to get closer to the enemy.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”