Thief Trait Suggestion

Thief Trait Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: dartmor.3714

dartmor.3714

I am passionate mmorpg player and my fav class is rogue/thief. I played DAoC, i played WoW and now i am playing Gw2. Also, i am game designer.

I really love to use invisibility and backstab my foes. I don’t care about effectivness, i just love this playstyle. And Gw2 provides what i need ( for example, i couldn’t use that playstyle in WoW; even when they maked Shadow Dance ). But there is some problems that affects my fav build and i can’t enjoy it.

First of all, i spam “Cloak and Dagger”. And i don’t understand why my initiative is used when my foe is out of attack range and automatically says “miss”. Sure, now i use it carefully only when my foe is close, but that’s not very comfortable.

The main problem is that while i am in invisibility – i can be attacked by aoe. And because even normal attacks are some kind of AoE, it’s totally not fair. Stealth – is the core of my build , but when i enter in it, i am easily attacked and knocked down. Because of that i have to spam Backstab right after i get stealthed , otherwise i will be punched / knocked down or something else. So , please make a special Trait somewhere in Shadow Arts:

It can be named: “Shadow / Dark + Cloak / Sanctuary” , personally i think the best is “Dark Sanctuary”

It makes thief invincible while in stealth ( because stealth can be used only for 3-4 seconds and it can’t be spammed , i think it’s fair ).

And i don’t really appreciate the idea that i can’t trigger stealth right after i used backstab, so maybe another Trait in Shadow Arts that allows Thief to trigger stealth right after leaving it could help ( it sounds very logic as a Trait , but i am not sure about balance; maybe it should be restricted to 1-2 uses in 60 seconds – so you can reenter stealth right after leaving it only 2 times every 45-60-80 seconds ).

Both Traits are very logic and it would be awesome for my playstyle. I really hope your game designers can read my topic

(edited by dartmor.3714)

Thief Trait Suggestion

in Suggestions

dartmor.3714

I founded a good way to stay safe while in stealth. I thought it. A Trait that blinds foes when i go stealth. But it works awful – they are blinded only in really close distance and always somehow they clean blinding in 1-2 seconds.

Thief Trait Suggestion

in Suggestions

dartmor.3714

And please, make a possibility to save ( and name them ) Trait Builds in sPvP ( with different weapons / sigils / armor / runes ).