Thief suggestion: make backstab from behind a crit instead of more damage

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marconius.8064

Marconius.8064

This is a very simple suggestion to alter the thief class’ backstab ability: currently the ability has two damage numbers, normal and from the back. I suggest removing the latter and instead making using this ability from behind an automatic crit.

Why? Because this way, the already large damage you deal from behind can’t crit and do even more damage. This is basically a solution to the balance issue with the current D/D + Hidden killer (100% crit from stealth) build, which, in my opinion, is seriously overpowered.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat… I actually play a thief. The reason I would like to see this changed is because this overpowered combo (which I don’t use on purpose) is… well, quite frankly really boring! All you do is Cloak & Dagger, then backstab, over and over. There’s very little excitement in it and since you spend most of your time stealthed, very little danger from enemies.

This simple fix would make this combo significantly weaker, while maintaining the strength of the backstab move, making other moves and other builds more appealing and more in-line for damage.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

At least Hidden Killer thiefs have to press more than a single button, while Heartseeker Spammers can kill pressing ‘3’ only.

About your suggestion, while it would make the crit from stealth trait redundant and wasted when backstabbing it would fix the kitten numbers this build can pull off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marconius.8064

Marconius.8064

It would make the hidden killer trait kinda pointless when using D/D, that’s completely true. I don’t see that as an issue though, there are plenty of other traits you could pick and the trait is still useful with other weapons.