Thieves needs a nerf

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Fine fine, don’t nerf thieves damage, don’t nerf stealth. Nerf them somewhere else so that it isn’t to the point where one thief alone can kill groups or a skilled thief can kill zergs.

Heartseeker- Thief gain 5 stacks of vulnerability, 2 second weakness and 1 second cripple if he misses the Heartseeker. You spam 2, you die. You miss the attack, you can’t take him down. . It should not be a spam to win button. If target dodges, thieves shouldn’t think it is okay and just spam again. Thieves shouldn’t spam this to chase targets down. This skill should be an all-or-nothing skill.

Stealth skills(Sneak Attack, Backstab, Tactical Strike)- Thief gain 5 stacks of vulnerability, 2 second weakness, 3 second cripple(5-10 second cripple if Sneak attack) if they miss. Same thing, it has to be perfect, or they lose.

The above shouldn’t be a problem for PvE. Mobs don’t strafe around like players do.

Infiltrator arrow- Gets “reveal” buff when used. You either run or you hide. Having both at all times is overpowered.

No nerfs to the thief’s damage, No nerfs to stealth. Thieves are overpowered and I believe this is the best offer to nerf them without breaking them.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I usually don’t mind about these threads but this one gave me a lol…

“Lets not nerf your damage, but since I don’t know how to fight thieves, lets give me a chance IF they miss, meanwhile everyone else that can counter thieves already win” was all I got from your suggestions

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

There is a thread for discussing thief feedback.
Which is code for lol we gonna bury this
Thank you for understanding.

The great forum duppy.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lofat.2406

Lofat.2406

LOL at first I thought he was serious, but now it’s hilarious!

P Sutton – 80 Warrior
Ferg Crossing

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaLim.5197

JoshuaLim.5197

I have one thing to contribute before this thread gets burried..

LOL

That is all. Thank you.

Joshua Omgculling (Thief)
Fort Aspenwood | Deep Penetrations [DPS]

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: iNaddict.8021

iNaddict.8021

i propose, when a thief stealth.. everyone in the current map dies.. along with the thief him/herself.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

considering if you use cnd when youre running through someone and immediately use bs when they are behind you, your character will bs the air in front resulting in a miss, im going to get crippled alot

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: iNaddict.8021

iNaddict.8021

these proposed changes will make us OVERPOWDERED

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Skilled thief can kill zergs? What… i dont even…

So you’re saying a thief can 1v20 and win? Maybe if the 20 are afk for 5 minutes…

People these days…

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

one thief alone can kill groups or a skilled thief can kill zergs.

Attachments:

(edited by Venirto.4208)

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

Black Powder should blind the thief instead of the enemy. Can be traited so the thief can also receive 26 stacks of vulnerability when blinded.

Pistol Whip will cause a knockback instead of a stun. The thief gains 4 seconds of immobilize

Dagger Storm throws daggers that heal hostile targets to full health. Casting causes the thief to gain 20 seconds of poison and 29 stacks of bleed.

Shadow Refuge has had the particle effect changed to a lighted neon sign. The thief gains 20 sec of burning. All hostiles in 1200 radius gain 32 stacks of might.

Downed Skills for thieves have been altered. The bouncing projectiles grant targets 1 gold for every strike. Damage has been removed.

All thieves killed in WvW grant 2 extra tokens, a precursor, and a quaggan backpack.

Thieves killed by mobiles upgrade them a class from normal to veteran, veteran to champion, champion to legendary.

(edited by datawais.7209)

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adyz.8246

Adyz.8246

Black Powder should blind the thief instead of the enemy. Can be traited so the thief can also receive 26 stacks of vulnerability when blinded.

Pistol Whip will cause a knockback instead of a stun. The thief gains 4 seconds of immobilize

Dagger Storm throws daggers that heal hostile targets to full health. Casting causes the thief to gain 20 seconds of poison and 29 stacks of bleed.

Shadow Refuge has had the particle effect changed to a lighted neon sign. The thief gains 20 sec of burning. All hostiles in 1200 radius gain 32 stacks of might.

Downed Skills for thieves have been altered. The bouncing projectiles grant targets 1 gold for every strike. Damage has been removed.

All thieves killed in WvW grant 2 extra tokens, a precursor, and a quaggan backpack.

Thieves killed by mobiles upgrade them a class from normal to veteran, veteran to champion, champion to legendary.

:D nice one.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

every time a thief hits you, you gain 5 gems ^^

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lofat.2406

Lofat.2406

Cloak and Dagger – The person being hit gets stealthed and the thief gets a reveal buff.

P Sutton – 80 Warrior
Ferg Crossing

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkar necrosphere.1328

darkar necrosphere.1328

Hmmmmm, I wonder what wvw would be like if they created classn of the week bounties like that. IDK datawais still seems OP.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Fantastic! I have some extra suggestions:

1) If a Thief kills someone in WvW, they automatically gain 9001 stacks of Vulnerability and a permanent Immobilise. The auto-attack is replaced by a new attack, where the Thief writes a formal apology to any enemies who roam near them.

2) If a Thief is killed in WvW, every player on the server of the winner gains a permanent 100 stacks of Might and a consumable that grants an Omega Siege Golem with infinite HP.

3) If any form of stealth is used and no action is taken against a player ie. the user is retreating, they’re permanently chilled, weakened, poisoned, set on fire and revealed.

4) Any control skills used by a Thief are converted to perma-boons and control skills used on a Thief are permanent.

5) Using Infiltrator’s Arrow automatically downs the Thief if in the opposite direction of a player.

6) New condition: Clumsy. If Basilisk Venom is activated, the Thief accidentally cuts his/her finger with it, turning him/herself to stone until downed. If Dagger Storm is activated, the Thief drops all the daggers on his/her feet, interrupting and causing 25 stacks of bleed, perma-Weakness and perma-Immobilise.

Work in progress, but I think that MIGHT balance them out.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Theifs are not overpowered there is one place they are and that is wvw you know why? because in wvw there is 1 role dps. healers are useless and tanks are useless. so if you play wvw go theif or mesmer or just accept that you will die more than them. these changes will just make everyone in wvw mesmer nice try tough.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

if you don’t already have a mesmer for wvw, you are doing it wrong !

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Great thread. Made my day.

Maybe instead of 5 stacks of vulnerability, 2 second weakness and 1 second cripple they can receive a 72hours ban that can be converted to permanent if they miss again

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

I like potatoes

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

had to lol at that thread

brb killing moar scrubs in wvwvw like the op.

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

• Trick Shot now ricochets against the enemy and into the Thief doing 100x damage with every hit against the Thief alone.
  • Body Shot now gives the Thief a 10 second stun and 15 stacks of vulnerability.
  • Backstab now gives the Thief a 30 second revealed debuff along with a 30 second chill. If the target is another Thief who has used Backstab at any point since August 2012 in PvE, sPvP, or WvWvW, both Thieves are permanently banned.
  • Thieves Guild has been renamed “A Traitor’s Death” and summons 12 Thieves with 10x HP and damage who target the summoning Thief for being a Thief player.
  • Hide in Shadows now heals the Thief to full health, grants them 30 seconds of stealth, but also gives them an un-removable stun for the remaining duration of the year.
  • Infiltrator’s Arrow now summons a hostile Legendary Defender at the target location who can see through any and all stealth.

Anything else we should touch on, OP, or do you get the idea?

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: chandrawib.5489

chandrawib.5489

if thief /sleep in wvw, any enemies will be rooted to the ground for 15 mins.
If thief /laugh in wvw, any enemies will be knocked down.
If thief /shrug in wvw, any enemies will be dazed for 15 mins
If thief /surprised in wvw, any enemies will get 50 stack of confusion

I will run around in wvw with my thief like a boss

Keira Skywalker [TFH]

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

runeblade.7514 , you won the internet! Such an awesome Troll!

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Don’t make troll threads like this, they might take it seriously and actually do it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Haha, looked at his posts, this one is gold:

Warriors: PvE gods
Guardians: PvE support gods.
Thief: WvW gods. You don’t even need to be skilled to take down 5 other players. If you’re skilled, you can even take down a zerg if you want to.

You heard it here first. You completely succeeded in a 1v5? LOL SCRUB! killed 30 in a zerg? You’re kind of ok I guess.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

This was a great “LOL” read.

Just another noob thief…

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

The thread title was good though. The rest… well… I am glad you are not working for Anet.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Never have I laughed so hard at a stupid thread.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

This thread seems legit and 100% fair, I support this thread so long as thieves can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be able to kill another player again.

Although I agree that the HS Spam is a bit ridiculous and noobish, but this was just classic, I love this attempt problem fix of it.

hahahahaa ok seriously now that I am done crying from the tears of happiness you brought me, this thread is 100% legit in a good read for a good laugh.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Croatoan.8426

Croatoan.8426

This made me laugh… How about this every other proffesion gets a 5 level increase and we just leave thieves how they are so we can be on there level

Heartseeker is a troll attack thow. Needs to be an actual cooldown on it… Can you imagine a warrior being able to spam eviscerate like that without adren…

Entire fort of people disapeared,only thing left carved into a tree was CROATOAN.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

This would be hilarious if OP weren’t serious.

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

Great thread. Made my day.

Maybe instead of 5 stacks of vulnerability, 2 second weakness and 1 second cripple they can receive a 72hours ban that can be converted to permanent if they miss again

Backstab has been changed so that if the the thief misses, he/she shadowsteps to Soviet Russia where back stabs you

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Hey, if someone reflects “Sneak Attack” back at me and I dodge, wouldn’t that give them 12 seconds of weakness and cripple?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScavengerOfSorrow.8431

ScavengerOfSorrow.8431

i propose, when a thief stealth.. everyone in the current map dies.. along with the thief him/herself.

this one made me laugh hard

Thieves needs a nerf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xephier.1647

Xephier.1647

I’ve got a better idea, instead of nerfing thieves let’s just nerf YOU, and anyone that makes one of these bogus bullcrap threads. Like not the class you play but just your characters specifically, causing you to nerdrage and quit the game so we don’t need be bothered by another “don’t nerf me nerf them!” thread.