Things from GW1 I'd like to see in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

I am loving the game but there are a few things I’m missing terribly that were in the first game but, for various reasons, don’t appear to have been implemented in this one.

- Red “enemy” dots on the minimap
Gosh I miss this. I loved watching all those red dots wandering around on the map in GW1. I would love to see the concentration of enemies ahead of me shown on the map.

- “Follow” command
I can understand why this isn’t currently in the game (hello botters), but I would love to have a version of follow in GW2. It Makes it a bit hard when I’m in a party of guildies and I suddenly have to go away from my computer. They then have to wait for me to come back. Instead, I’d like to be able to follow on the party leader so they can continue on to the next point while I’m temporarily unavailable. To deter botters from setting up party conga lines, or just grabbing onto the first person to walk past, make it a time limited thing (say 2 mins max and dependent on inactivity) and only useable in party.

- Map completion markers
This has already been brought up in other threads, but I’d like a more reliable way to tell me if 100%’ed a zone rather than having to travel there and open map to check the info on the side. Gold Hoplite helmets FTW!

There are heaps more, but they are definitely in other threads.
Ta

in Suggestions

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

I would add the “barber shop” feature that allow players to change hair, faces, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tingur of Gladden.1462

Tingur of Gladden.1462

I’d love the barber shop too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

why cant you draw on the mini map while in dungeons? sure the maps a little more complex in gw 2 but it just seems that it would make things easier

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Vengeance.2768

Rising Vengeance.2768

absolutely agree with op

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianojc.2965

marianojc.2965

I am loving the game but there are a few things I’m missing terribly that were in the first game but, for various reasons, don’t appear to have been implemented in this one.

- Red “enemy” dots on the minimap
Gosh I miss this. I loved watching all those red dots wandering around on the map in GW1. I would love to see the concentration of enemies ahead of me shown on the map.

I would like too to see nearby foes’ dots in the minimap, at least in WvWvW. It is difficult to get information about single players and about size of zergs even when they are over you, one can just try to guess it or one may even not be able to guess it at all. The dots for foes might be all “red” because other colors like blue, green, yellow may be difficult to distinguish them from the background (in GW1 red dots are more easy to perceive them than blue dots are).

(edited by marianojc.2965)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Barbershop yes.

Red Dots in WvW, a huge H E double hockey sticks no. Granted, it was alright in gw1 with avoiding aggro or pulling specific groups, but WvW is about scouting, distraction, luring and many other tactics. You use what you see in your field of vision to relay information and not what your game sees for you to give you information. I dig this about GW2 personally. It’s not BF2/BF3. No Radar.

If I’m hiding from the zerg and tell my comrades they are in route, I really don’t need a red dot telling that zerg that I’m there. The giant looooooooong red names are enough. If you want to send out numbers….guestimate it. Not a huge difference between 15+ and 20.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

why cant you draw on the mini map while in dungeons? sure the maps a little more complex in gw 2 but it just seems that it would make things easier

Can’t you? Haven’t tried it in a dungeon, but out it the world the feature is there. You have to hold shift while you do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Zaishen Challenges

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

- Guild Alliances
- Guild Hall
- Able to click on my own character and see what other players see
- Visible titles (seriously, why are they hidden…)
- Enemies visible in mini map
- Aggro radius in mini map
- More detail to what skills actually do. “Sigil x gives n health after killing foes” instead of “Sigil X gives health after killing foes”. That’s quite a generalization with various skills atm…

in Suggestions

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Guild Alliances
* Alliance Chat
* Guild Halls

At least an alternate option for skills on the 1-5 slots… like a choice of 2 or 3 to create a more personalized toon.

Show my guild mates on the mini map! I mean COME ON!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Map completion markers would be nice, more so now when usually at least one skill point is bugged on each map. Of course fixing those skill points would be a better solution, but wouldn’t make completion markers obsolete.

[Hex]

in Suggestions

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

I have heard Guild halls is coming, we’ll see.

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

They might add the other features, but not red dots on minimap. They stated that they want you too look the world not the interface to see what is going on

in Suggestions

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

I don’t agree with placing markers on the mini-map in WvW. Even though I support the idea that WvW should be more structured, you don’t have the ability to know where your enemy is at in (real life) war without the use of radar. And even then, the radar isn’t that specific or detailed. Putting markers on the mini-map to indicate enemy players would drastically change the face of WvW and provide an unfair advantage to the opposing team. I would, however, suggest that a radar type of feature to be able to see teammates on the mini-map to help organize large-scale attacks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

You can draw/ping like in GW1. It involves Ctrl and Shift I believe but there’s a few threads in Suggestions where it is mentioned. Sorry I can’t be more specific >.<

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

I have heard Guild halls is coming, we’ll see.

I would assume so. The game is called Guild Wars and we have yet to see Guild Halls and GvG combat implemented.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com