Things you'd like to see from Guild Wars 1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

So everyone, how about sharing some of the stuff you liked in Guild Wars 1 but wished it was brought over to Guild Wars 2?

I’ll start off then, though I can’t think of much right now:

Emotes

• /roll <#> : [Character] rolls (#) on a (#) sided die.
  • /rock, /paper, /scissors : [Character] plays rock, paper, scissors.
  • /guitar, /flute, /violin, /drums

Equipment

• Guild capes!
  • Weapons like scythes, etc, even if they’re just weapon skins.

Events

• Holiday events, like Canthan new year and stuff.
¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

(edited by Syphenion.5064)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

No waypoint costs

Leveling up completely from the campaign story (personal story in this case).
Minion spam (cooldown on minions/turrets/spirits starts on activation, not on expiration/death)(traits that proc minions/spirits/turrets have no cooldown)(elementals function like ranger pets)

Death penalty is a debuff, not a repair bill

Hard mode

Title collecting

Hall of Monuments – Basically what I thought the home instance would be, a visual aggregate of your achievements.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Syphenion.5064

No waypoint costs

Title collecting

Hall of Monuments – Basically what I thought the home instance would be, a visual aggregate of your achievements.

Yeah, I agree that these should be added. Aren’t there already titles in GW2 though?

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

No waypoint costs

Title collecting

Yeah, I agree that these should be added. Aren’t there already titles in GW2 though?

Yeah, though after hitting 80 the only titles I’ve gotten are from linking my GW1 account.

GW1 had “track” titles, where your titles from an activity got progressively better. The system here seems more akin to WoW’s kitten titles, though.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skekzyz.1458

Skekzyz.1458

CLOSE ALL DIALOGS One key press to clear the screen and close the map.

Call Target when not partied. Handicapping a solo player was not part of the promises for this game.

Movable/sizeable UI elements.

I want this game to be a GW1 clone on steroids, NOT A WoW CLONE!

____________________________________Skekzyz
The Dark Crystal [TDC] – Henge of Denravi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Some UI elements are movable and sizeable but not all, I know of one and that would be chat, click and drag to move to top and the corner to resize.

What i’d like to see:
- Boss Names like: Enadiz the Hardheaded, Chkkr Locust Lord, Rekoff Broodmother, Ghial the Bone Dancer, etc…

Why? Well it beats “Champion blablabla” or " Veteran blablabla". Yes there are still named bosses… but definatly not as much… and mostly are the ones in dungeons or personal storyline. It’s a thing I really liked in GW1.

- First person view… I miss it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

People to stop calling this game a WoW clone when it’s obviously a WAR clone.

“- First person view… I miss it.”

First person view would make jump puzzles as a norn a tad less annoying. Some of them, you’re bigger then the viewpoint 6.6;;

(edited by GADefence.5634)

in Suggestions

Syphenion.5064

What i’d like to see:
- Boss Names like: Enadiz the Hardheaded, Chkkr Locust Lord, Rekoff Broodmother, Ghial the Bone Dancer, etc…

Why? Well it beats “Champion blablabla” or " Veteran blablabla". Yes there are still named bosses… but definatly not as much… and mostly are the ones in dungeons or personal storyline. It’s a thing I really liked in GW1.

- First person view… I miss it.

Definitely, I’d love to see unique monster names! Also, first person view…definitely needed as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: staticstorm.2318

staticstorm.2318

dual profession combos
more skills I pick from to use not what the dev tells me is fun on weapon
the story that makes sence that flows
mursaat
killing bosses for elites
GvG
proper PvP
UW and FOW
no travel costs
no repairs
the dye system
hexes
curses
some tactics to kill a boss not just zerg it down

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skekzyz.1458

Skekzyz.1458

Some UI elements are movable and sizeable but not all, I know of one and that would be chat, click and drag to move to top and the corner to resize.

The Mini-Map moves as well but I’m talking about the quest text and target frame (unit frame), the little swatch that says ‘Talk(F)’ ect., and basically make all elements movable like in GW1. Would love to see them hideable with a slide out feature if you mouse to that area of the screen. I do, however, like the skill thingy as is but I’m sure others would change it.

But the biggest problems I have with the game are the two I mentioned above if those don’t get fixed by the 10/1 update, I may stop playing for a while, they’re both really getting on my nerves.

____________________________________Skekzyz
The Dark Crystal [TDC] – Henge of Denravi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dana Hawkeye.9724

Dana Hawkeye.9724

I was disappointed that some of the outposts from GW1 did not make it into GW2 – Yaks Bend, Droknars Forge – 250 yrs and these would have been highly developed outposts.

Names of bosses like in GW should be included.
We need FOW and UW.

I would like to see party size increased for general PVE (could be guild based).

We need WAR type warbands (24 people) for WvWvW as lack of chat/co-ordination is really showing and WvWvW is not fun as it stands at the moment.

Waypoint charges need looking at as they are becoming very expensive the further you move away from your home city. The same can be said for armour repairs (an evening in WvWvW wipes out what i earned in PVE ealier in the day.

Scouts of Tyria [SoT]
Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

I’d like to see the warrior’s dance.
Also I’d like to see the skin of heavy armor Templar (ordinary, not elite) in game shop.

Seize the day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shimdra.8319

Shimdra.8319

I do miss the oddly shaped maps filled with loads of monsters that didn’t respawn on top of you.

I miss zone clearing. I guess that’s all impossible now that they aren’t instanced anymore.

I also miss elite skill hunting. Running about with my signet of capture looking for that boss and the feeling of satisfaction from adding another skill to my collection. Of course that’s all changed too with the pre-fab skillsets and limited skill choices. The trait system isn’t half bad, though.

I’ve got to say, zone clearing, elite hunting, and the complexity of map exploration is what kept me playing GW1 for years at the level cap of 20. Now it’s just “run from heart quest to heart quest” grab waypoint on the way. Swapping that for level grinding was not a good trade off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

I have to agree on the named bosses, missing old outposts, track titles, additional emotes, and death penalty being a debuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

click to move/interact
ping spamming “im attacking X” in the party chat
drawing crap on the minimap
8 man parties
12 man parties (elite missions)
party search window
being able to chose skills
team camaraderie.. becoming an extremely scarce thing nowadays..

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

in Suggestions

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

I agree with many of the good ideas here.

I miss the collection of skills and elite skills from the original. Finding inventive ways of using them together was a big part of the game for me. In fact, I’d say that the skill system was what made Guild Wars. GW2 only uses the Guild Wars name for brand recognition. The comparison of skill choices is sad, GW2 only allows you to use skills from a single profession class and only lets you combine them in the ways the game tells you to. It’s much less fun to be just another profession with the same skill bar as everyone else.

The boss names in the original were creative. While there are some in GW2, I was disappointed to find many named without originality.

The compass from the original game is missing, especially its view of enemies and players. I understand the concept of wanting people to “look around” to see enemies on the map but until a game can immerse all of my senses with 360 degree sight, hearing, smell and touch there needs to be “aids” to indicate where things are when all I have is a flat screen to look at and a mouse to swing my view around.

GW2 is much weaker than the original in party management. It is difficult to locate party members, especially if they are out of range of the mini-map. The “follow” feature is missing to allow your character to chase behind another. Mini-map drawing and pinging tools don’t function as well as in the original. I don’t know how people can spend an evening playing together without outside help like Skype or Teamspeak.

On the subject of costs, while everyone wants things for free, I understand and appreciate why there are mechanics like travel costs and repair costs to consume money out of the game. If the game economy only generates new money day after day without ways to remove it, the result is inflation and the currency quickly becomes near-worthless when everyone has 100 gold (or platinum) in their pocket.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

What I want from GW1 would be the extreme fun I had early on with it. I find it funny I basically have the reverse opinion in GW2 – I liked GW1 PvE and find the GW2 PvE to be starting to drag (mostly thanks to waypoint fees and other “please move but don’t move too much or we’ll give you bad loot” type stuff), while I find GW2’s sPvP far better then RA or TA ever was.

“I understand and appreciate why there are mechanics like travel costs and repair costs to consume money out of the game”

Repair costs punish you for dying. Crafting has physical costs to take money out of the economy. Trade post does the same for trading. There are consumables that cost cash for either direct benefits or for bonuses and gems are also a gold sink.

These all make sense.

Fast travel does not. I’d say adding a cooldown or 5 or 10 minutes to it (or at least a free travel cooldown of such) would be better then the current system. The fees are, I assume, to prevent people from DE warping (hey guess what DR fixes that more then this does!), waypoint fees just force people to a) take a hit to the wallet or b) run to their location and only slaughter groups if they see low level monsters. It prevent friends from as easily playing with each other and annoys people who want to dungeon hop thanks to the 1 play through cap on dungeons as well.

Get rid of waypoint fees.

(edited by GADefence.5634)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I was disappointed that some of the outposts from GW1 did not make it into GW2 – Yaks Bend, Droknars Forge – 250 yrs and these would have been highly developed outposts.

Names of bosses like in GW should be included.
We need FOW and UW.

I would like to see party size increased for general PVE (could be guild based).

We need WAR type warbands (24 people) for WvWvW as lack of chat/co-ordination is really showing and WvWvW is not fun as it stands at the moment.

Waypoint charges need looking at as they are becoming very expensive the further you move away from your home city. The same can be said for armour repairs (an evening in WvWvW wipes out what i earned in PVE ealier in the day.

You can go to a lot of these places on the map. Yaks Bend for example has a POI. The outpost doesn’t exist. It is in what I believe (from memory) is icebrood territory.

I’d also like banks in various outposts like GW1. Don’t like having to run back to a major city to use the bank. GW1 had xunlai chests in between every map and even if they would have had banks only in only major cities it didn’t cost me whatever odd amount of silver to access it.

(edited by Dinks.2478)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

After being informed about the ping/drawing on the mini map carried over I only have a few things I’d like added from GW1.

But first, thank you so much for using the original GW soundtrack, makes my exploring so much better.

So mine mimic the OP in that we need more emotes but I would really like to see the return of guild capes. I’ve had every other guildy ask me when we’ll be getting guild capes which I can only assume they expected would carry over from GW1.

Please add

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Lorewise bringing back the Kurzicks and Luxons would be cool. From a gameplay perspective it would be cool if you could view your HOM achievments in GW2.

The main feature that I really want to see implemented from GW1 is skill hunting. That was easily the most fun part of GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Skill and Elite hunting. It’s fine and dandy that we start with X number of skills already ready for our leveling … those could be our defaults and if we never went hunting for more that is what we’d have. But there should be quests to let us buy more skills, and events to let us capture more elites.

I have a lot of fun hunting down the skill challenges and vistas, but getting real skills would be even more rewarding.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meret.5943

Meret.5943

Random Arenas

Icons on the map to show completion

My monk (cry!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darksundown.2973

Darksundown.2973

. Named bosses
. GW1 emotes (e.g. dancenew)

Blackgate fights fights,
[ICoa] Imperial Coalition
DarkSunDown Dogma (gd) | Xanadu Dogma (mes)

in Suggestions

Posted by: oulivas.9471

oulivas.9471

All i want from GW1 is:

. Guild Hall
. GvG
. Random Arenas

oulivas
Portuguese
Seafarer’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

A lot of people are saying things that are known to be in development or already exist (to the person saying drawing crap on the map, just hold shift.). You also need to become a commander to get warbands. Pool your best leader so s/he’ll become a commander and he can make squads.

I’d personally like to see some more easter eggs about the player character in Guild Wars 1 besides the HoM. And if you have linked accounts, these easter eggs mention what your player character you named your account after name was. Like “Raven Paradox and his/her band of heroes once fought the Flame Legion at this location”. I mean, after all, there are status of Jora and Pyre although almost no one ever used them in their parties lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Classes: Mesmer

Yes, I went there. Rename the current Mesmer-in-name-only class to Illusionist, and put our beloved tactical caster in.

Also, Cantha. Cantha was great. Keep the art style, don’t cataclysm it too much. It was gorgeous.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Suggestions

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

More or less in this order of importance:

1 – Dual professions
2 – The skills/build system we had in GW1.
3 – Companions (e.g., whatever Jora, Dunkoro, Olias, etc were called).
4 – Drawing on the minimap.
5 – Guild Halls
6 – The old dye system.
7 – A map that looks more like a real map rather than a bunch of rectangular regions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Free waypoint traveling.
Weapon dyeing (I like the new way (except for them not being account bound), but should be able to do it with the weapons too.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shakar.3485

Shakar.3485

Alliances. Have the commander icon be bought with influence instead of gold. So guilds with in the alliance can give, by vote or another way, one person the commander icon so they can organize that alliance in WvW.

The alliance of guilds will be the only ones who will see the icon. This will help prevent spying and the commanders who trying to actually help, not get trolled by other players.

Making the commander book available by paying 100 gold was a bad idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Unique themed weapon rewards for killing rare world bosses. Choice of unique themed weapon rewards for finishing the last story mission.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

click to move/interact
ping spamming “im attacking X” in the party chat
drawing crap on the minimap
8 man parties
12 man parties (elite missions)
party search window
being able to chose skills
team camaraderie.. becoming an extremely scarce thing nowadays..

You do realize you can still draw on the mini map for the party? You can draw on both maps, mini and full as long as they are looking at it (full map, and the section of the map you are drawing on). Just hold down shift, then draw on it.

I miss having a Guild Hall.

Hunting weekly stuff down for Nic.

The booze, sweets and party items (I know.. theres booze in the game.. but it’s buy only.. and that I know of has no drunkness effect. Can’t be bothered to waste a ton of money on it to be sure).

The store costumes (The currant ones are kind of meh..).

The holiday wearables (I know we might get them.. but I suspect Gemstore only).

Perminant Tonics being slightly more accessable (I only know of one from the forge that is (no longer obtainable?) in 2).

Siege Devourers! (Would have been hilariously fun in WvW).

Rare pets for Rangers (I so want a Branded Devourer).

Ritualist and Dervish.

(edited by Shaileya.7063)