This Game is too hard for a solo player !

in Suggestions

Posted by: mhamilton.3095

mhamilton.3095

I have been trying all morning to achieve a skill point , Malchor’s leap north west.
the game designer of this game are sadists !!
you place a statue next to the skill point as well as a veteran your 3/4 % dead before you even get clost to the skill point this game its tooo hard for a solo player !!

There are no other players around to help you its impossible to do ,

in Suggestions

Posted by: danizmax.4329

danizmax.4329

Yea this area is pretty anoying, but a MMO must be hard sometimes or it would be too easy and boring.

Maybe this helps: Malchor’s Leap Map Completion: Vistas + Skill Points guide

in Suggestions

mhamilton.3095

This is Not easy its impossible to do , as when communing the statue keeps interupting you .

in Suggestions

mhamilton.3095

After 7 level 80.s I cant complete the world map , as i dont do PVP . I am going back to wow . Thanks for all the fun .

in Suggestions

danizmax.4329

Did you at least check the guide before saying it’s impossible?
And which one is that exactly?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fingolfin.2568

Fingolfin.2568

I have done all the map… almost everyhing alone with my first character (elementalist)… and btw there are the spykits u can buy for karma wich make u invisible and u can get your vistas sp etc. And if there are no people in that region this game has the word “Guild” in it… if your guild mates don’t want to help you that’s a guild’s problem not a matter of difficulty in solo gaming…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

The new lfg tool has an option to search for players to join you for open world content. Make an advertisement for vistas and skill challenges and some people who need them too will help you.

in Suggestions

danizmax.4329

Exactly, you can’t whine about not able to solo an MMO. It’s the genre of the game that requires team play. So far GW2 is one of the easiest MMOs I ever played. If you want to know what is hard, then go play one of the korean f2p MMOs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Massive Multiplayer Online?

… I still want tengu.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

Ask for help, often times someone will assist you. And for those stating MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online… that is true but it should not mean you must rely on others to accomplish things. Massive means big, GW2 is big. Multiplayer means multiple players, nowhere does it imply they must play TOGETHER. Online is well, online.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nasher.6874

Nasher.6874

The difficulty is fine. I soloed pretty much the entire way to 80 doing most skill points and even some group quests solo. There needs to be content which is not soloable otherwise what is the point in playing online.

There is WoW if you want an easymode mmorpg, but you will probably grow bored of having no real challenge when you want it. You should also note that wow is slowly dying and has been for about 2 years now…

(edited by Nasher.6874)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Ask a friend, the map chat or your guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

After 7 level 80.s I cant complete the world map , as i dont do PVP . I am going back to wow . Thanks for all the fun .

Lol going back to wow because you can’t get one skillpoint…..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

danizmax.4329

Ask for help, often times someone will assist you. And for those stating MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online… that is true but it should not mean you must rely on others to accomplish things. Massive means big, GW2 is big. Multiplayer means multiple players, nowhere does it imply they must play TOGETHER. Online is well, online.

Not really, massive refers to number of players, read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game
Like MOBA means (massive online battle arena) which also refers to number of players. For the multiplayer, IMHO MMOs are designed to encourage you to play with others. That’s what this type of game is designed for. There are always exceptions ofc, but GW2 is not.

He, tries to play MMO as a single player game, if he wants that he should rather try elder scrolls or something and stop blaming others for buying the wrong game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Have you tried disabling those temples with other players? Guesting to a server that has that temple disabled? Used http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html (helps you see what temples are active or not also to find a server to guest to for Balthazar for obby shards) lately?

There are ways of doing this you haven’t even thought of yet. I’m glad to help you in this way though.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

And I will not miss him.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I’ve managed it solo without issue.

If you’re having that much issue though, possibly check what event the statue is used in then check http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html and see whats open and guest to that server.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gumoor.5674

gumoor.5674

Wait until he gets to the end of the personal story. o.O

in Suggestions

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Multiplayer means multiple players, nowhere does it imply they must play TOGETHER.

That’s actually very specifically what “multiplayer” implies, and it has since the dawn of video games.

Do you never read any kinda of gaming article, news or reviews?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m a solo player. I have 100% map completion acquired solo. You’re just not good

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Wait until he gets to the end of the personal story. o.O

Agreed, that boss person/that turns into a spider and spawns an infinite wave of spiders…….that was sadistic

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Orr is the end area of the game, it should be hard. I was upset over the original nerf of it TBH.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

I’m a solo player. I have 100% map completion acquired solo. You’re just not good

I don’t costraint myself to play with others but seriously how did you managed to unlock all places in the WvW areas? Some are just too deep into enemy lines.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

Each week, your position rotates around in each map.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Just waited around until they were open. Had some site up from the UK that displays what my server had possession of. When they had an area I needed I headed over there, got it, left until it was finished. Got easier after they started cycling colors.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

There are certain elements of the game you can’t do alone. This skillpoint is only an example. This doesnt mean however that you need to party up to do so. The fact that the OP made it so far, means he had atleast a group of players doing lyssa’s temple and Dwayna’s temple. The same goes for this skillpoint. Just wait till more people show up to do this, ask in map chat. (if I’m correct it can be two different events blocking it, but both contain a champion and people love to kill champions nowadays).

You can always guest to a different server where none of these events are active (there are even some websites tracking these things.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

playing solo in a multiplayer game.. tsk tsk. you may have to break that habit of lone wolf and get the wolf pack to help you. or you could buy various single player RPGs .