This game needs a first-person camera!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Holon.4836

Holon.4836

Hey,
My suggestion is the reintroduction of the first person camera! During the open beta it was possible to play in first-person, why did you change that?

I really have headache and get sick every time I have to jump somewhere in a crowded cave or even in a building, where the camera hits all the walls and planks! Every time it zooms in, so my own shield (Charr Guardian) hits my face! In many jump puzzles and “vista-jump-actions” I don’t see where I am jumping, because I can’t find a camera angle where I have a free sight on the next object to jump on!

Seriously, I jump around for 10 minutes to find something, and have to take a 40 minutes break because I am dizzy, sick and have headache after it.

So please put first-person camera back to this game! There are no downsides, to have such a camera view and it is very easy to establish!

Thank you,

Holon.

(edited by Holon.4836)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ctarl.3629

Ctarl.3629

Yes, please!

I have a medium sized Norn and the jumping puzzle under Lion’s Arch is a pain due to the camera spazzing out.
Even the smallest environmental object causes the camera to zoom in behind it.

I don’t understand why a first person camera was not included in the game. Are you afraid player could look at places they’re not supposed to see (look further up for example)? Was it removed to make jumping puzzles artificially harder?

I really can’t think of a sensible reason to omit it from the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

I don’t remember there every being a first person camera, but I agree, I’d love to see it in the game.

I know they don’t want people playing in first person for some reason or other, but I seriously doubt most people would use it all that often. I know I wouldn’t.

I’d only use it for screenshots, and for those times where the area is so closed that camera is forced up against my character’s back, and I can’t see anything. The vast majority of the time, I much prefer to have the camera back as far as it goes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I support this suggestion! +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Yeah. They’re fixing the FoV for widescreens, so perhaps this will be their next step in improving the camera. I certainly hope so!

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skylent.8254

Skylent.8254

Absolutely. Without first person mode it is hard to film some events and I know a lot of people who want this badly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Holon.4836

Holon.4836

Oh thank you guys, I thought I am the only one who is struggeling with this camera :D

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i want to have first person view, to see how big the world is(asuran point of view)

i am imagining that as an asura in wvwvw with first person, norns will block my view of things ahahha,

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxic Toadz.4238

Toxic Toadz.4238

Yea, I have the same problems some times, it’s really annoying and also discourages me to do the jumping puzzles because sometimes they’re near impossible.

I’d like to see this happen and make the game more enjoyable. It’ll really help me and I think alot of other people.

Thanks

Toxic Toadz

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’d like to bring back this issue, because I need first person to read the pirate posters in LA.

I can only read the bigger letters, and my characters’ big head gets in the way.

I can only read “AVAST! AHOY ALL YE LANDLUBBERS!”, then lots of blurry letters I can’t see without first person, and then “ARR YOU READY?”

Please hurry and add first person so I can take good screenshots and read stuff like that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

I agree completely on this. The game looks great, but I find that it’s better to observe the environment from a first person perspective than from a third person.

I’d also appreciate it if the character would go transparent when the camera hits a wall. I find that it gets hard to see in close quarters when the game’s camera is shoved up against my character.

Not a big issue, just a small request.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuki.7814

Nuki.7814

I actually believe a first person camera would help alleviate my biggest gripe with the game – dungeon grave yard zerging. It’s somewhat of a trickle effect, so it might seem like a slight leap in logic, but I’ll try to make sense here.

My biggest gripe is that in several dungeons you can and often will be one shot and killed. Not one shot and near death and limping, not one shot and downed, but straight one shot head to the nearest rezz point.
But Nuki, you can avoid that if you’re paying attention to <whatever boss your fighting> animations and evade when he goes to do his super one shot move.

True, I wont deny that I’m getting older, my reflexes just a tad slower and many of them comes from not evading in a timely manner. However just as many comes from the fact that I’m playing in a third person camera that likes to do whatever the heck it wants to. If for any reason, my camera turns and bumps a wall, I’m scrambling to get my perspective right again so that I can pay attention to that uber power shot, in the hopes I might dodge in time.

The answer, a first person camera. We’re all used to mouse look by now, and are capable of keeping our “eyes” trained on where we want to see. Much easier to keep Mr. Man in sight, so you can see when he twitches his right right finger along with raising his eyebrow to signal his about to suck you in and kill you.

Now, another option would be to take a NWN approach, and have the walls drop when they interfere with the camera, rather than treating them as hard surfaces that the camera cant breach.

Of course, this post kind of kills two birds with one stone, but we’re not here to discuss how horrible a design flaw it is, that your very first dungeon, and most afterwards end up being a war attrition when fighting bosses.

(edited by Nuki.7814)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

First Person camera for the sake of taking screens without always seeing my character. Also for tiny spaces like the sewer pipes in queensdale.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sylindril.8425

Sylindril.8425

I concur 1rst person is a must, if for no reason other than immersion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

im supporting this too, really need it

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Personally I would prefer over the shoulder, resident evil style.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Optional of course, it would not be something people will always use, but for prints, movies, Jumping Puzzles, is awesome.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.