This game would be mind blowing with open world pvp

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

Open world pvp would actually be fun in this game. Mind blowingly fun. MAKE A HOSTILE SERVER. It’s not like we can kill someone and steal a oricalchum vein. we both get it and then he dies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

OOOOH better idea. just like overflow, join the normal server always but have the option to switch to the hostile server (exactly like overflow with all other servers joining). continue playing until you see an enemy. groups are your only friends. 5 player roaming parties. sick.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

OOOOH better idea. just like overflow, join the normal server always but have the option to switch to the hostile server (exactly like overflow with all other servers joining). continue playing until you see an enemy. groups are your only friends. 5 player roaming parties. sick.

Sounds like WvW!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I’m a big gankarooing a-hole when it comes to MMOs, oddly enough I havent missed the PKing part while leveling one bit. The game is just designed in a completely different way, the way DaoC was designed back in the day. Level in a shielded really fun envoirment then go out and bash skulls in the frontier (RvR/WvW).

The game is designed with heavy cooperation in mind for the PvE part, W-PvP would never work as it is now.

However, they could add fully open “WvW” leveling zones in a future expansion. For every new questing zone added there would be a WvW zone aswell, no keeps to claim or queues, just zones to level in while fighting the enemy aswell. This way the server bond would still be intact and everyone on a server would strive for the same goal. There would also be no need for new PvP/PvE labeled servers.

These zone would sure be active but if you happen to be on lower population server you wouldnt have to participate since the regular PvE zone would be there too.

They would just have to have seperate hearts for each server in the zones.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

Apologies if someone has already more or less said this, as I’ve rather skimmed the thread…

I am not a “ganker” nor someone that enjoys griefing or annoying players

Good for you. Unfortunately, a lot of players are, and they will because they CAN. So much for that suggestion, because Anet are intent on running an open server architecture with a guesting feature, that makes defining servers for specific purposes very difficult. Doesn’t matter whether that’s PvP or RP; when people can just parachute in temporarily, you are asking Anet to make their own lives difficult. I don’t think they’ll do that.

As to the other point being brought up, this will not be the first time that I have said this; the game is very co-operative, it’s not very social. People will run up & help you, but they’ve little reason to actually interact with you. It’s a double-edged sword…

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Willowleaf.5721

Willowleaf.5721

to me, the last statement absolutely sums it up best. not all games are, or should be, all things for all people. past games that have attempted to do that have to a large measure hamstrung themselves. imo, we’re seeing a division in the genre, bringing elements to a game that people do want, then working to fully implement and develop those elements. anet has steadfastly stood behind their intent, and a part of that intent with this game was building cohesiveness and cooperation within worlds, not competition.

i’m saying this with all respect, please understand it: as wow is no longer my game, and rift is no longer my game, and tsw failed to grab me … perhaps gw2 isn’t your game because it doesn’t have these elements you seek. i don’t believe that’s a fault, or a lack, on the part of gw2; i do believe it is that this game appeals to players like me who seek cooperative play as opposed to competitive play. this isn’t a failing, it isn’t a lack, it’s just a different approach that actually does appeal to a great mass of players.

You pretty much said what I’d say on this matter. And I’m here as well for the PvE and cooperative aspects of GW2, and GW1 too.

Necro (LV 80), thief, ele, guardian, engineer, revenant, ranger.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

This is my biggest wish regarding GW2. Everything you said is true – GW2 would KICK kitten with true open world PvP!

PLEASE ANET, HAVE MERCY!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

The thing that makes me laugh about this thread is that people are saying things like, ’Wouldn’t it be cool if we could do events, farming and leveling whilst under constant threat of being killed?!’
THAT IS WORLD VS WORLD!
They gave you what you wanted and now people are making threads about wanting something that’s already there?! facepalm

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sartheris.8456

Sartheris.8456

I still cant udnerstand how a game named GUILD WARS dont have the option to be able to give WAR to another guild/alliance, so you can actually beat the kitten outta the people when around the world…

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

interesting idea. i support it only if you have to flagg a player as hostile when inside a outpost so the other player has a chance to get away like on diablo 2.
but just randomly be able to attack any player around is a big no.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

I agree that I would avoid a PVP server like the plague. I enjoy the kindness fostering that the game offers currently. I played FF11 where open world PVP wasn’t allowed. Griefers would level up, then drag high level mobs from across the map to kill the low level players. Moral of the story is that given any avenue griefers will annoy. GW2 has done a great job of limiting those avenues. The most they can do is stand over your character and not revive you.

The basic lesson the game is trying to teach is that being competitive isn’t always the best. That an inherently co operative system can be successful.

Argument for the other side:
If Anet were to suddenly decide they want to give in on this. Lore wise there are plenty of factions more interested in their own personal gains and not the larger issues at hand (hmmm almost like the real world). Some, like the sons of svanir, openly support the dragons. It would be possible to allow guilds to side with one of these factions. The guild would be required to pay an allegiance tithe every month to stay on the sociopath side. This partially limits the number of players able to join the “bad guys” and provides additional income to support those additional servers and development. In the spirit of the initial design you’d be forbidden from damaging players or NPCs inside the capitals. All the dynamic events that involved these factions now become player run events. Events involving fighting or supporting the lesser races can be inverted.

Want to add some more realism? If enough players side with the Dragons and corrupt the world that server gets shutdown and all the characters on it permanently deleted. Add a nice little cut scene of the Dragons eating everything.