Thoughts on condition damage

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pookiki.3154

Pookiki.3154

I’m pretty sure other posts have gone over this, but here’s my take on this. I cant say much for PVP, im a pve kinda guy.

So conditions don’t do damage to inanimate objects, and yet golems, and elementals can bleed, burn, and be poisoned. The reason i bring this up is because condition damage players have no option other than to swap gear before a fight because their conditions don’t do diddly squat. If an earth elemental can “bleed” then i think its fair that a door can bleed. Might’ve sounded kind of silly, but it’s a pretty severe balancing issue. Scepter necromancer in AC p1? you might as well go afk the entire fight.

Another problem i’m seeing is stacks. I’ve heard muiltiple reasons as to why there is a stack limit. But this still causes problems, especially when people went into this game wanting to play whatever build they wanted to, and forced to carry a set a berserker gear because 2 other people in the group are condition damagers. removing stack limit or implementing personal stacks might seem crazy, but at least people can actually do something to the shatterer as a cond dmger.

I’m sure Anet has considered these options, and rejected them, but as a see condition damage right now, i find it kind of frustrating that my bleed characters lack versatility, and deadweight in certain fights.

Let me know if you guys agree/disagree, if you have any real concrete solutions, or if you think im just plain out wrong lol. Either way i want to hear opinions on this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Well, if 5 pure CD builds went in they would just do too much damage, and could possibly reach 80k dmg per sec-oh wait, that’s exactly what berserker builds currently do.

I know CD is good because it doesn’t need precision to do the really hard hits thus letting the player not be a glass cannon, but I’m fairly certain it caps out under the crit damage for each individual player anyways.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

CD isn’t as good as normal damage. Plus I’m not a fan of putting some dots on my enemy and see them die slowly… it’s too slow to me.

I prefer direct damage. It’s high and can be higher and you can hit the enemy directly being all “TAKE THAT! And this! and this! and this!” etc..

If CD changes in damage I might MIGHT play my necro on CD but currently I stay on hybrid (bersi soldi)

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!