Tier 1 and Tier 2 cultural weapons are too expensive

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eye of the Night.2157

Eye of the Night.2157

Even doing a lot of events, I’m nowhere near being able to afford even a single one of them, let alone a complete set, when I’m at lvl 35 or 60 respectively. When I’m finally able to afford them, I’ve already outlevelled them.

Especially considering karma is also used at other vendors, I think at least the bottom 2 tiers should have their prices reduced to about 1/5th of their current prices. It’d still be expensive, but attainable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Also some of the skins are not that great for the high price, for example at lv 18 I got a musket drop from mob that was exactly the skin used for the lv60 tier 2 musket, of course at the time I didn’t know this and replaced it with my HoM rifle skin, in hindsight
I would’ve kept it and save me the karma just transmute it to a better weapon each time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Seriously lol, the prices are simply a joke at their respectful level requirements. Who the hell has 9k karma at lvl 35 or whatever requirement for the weapon you’re viewing. No matter which, the prices are insane. These should have a huge stat advantage for at the very least, 20 levels to be worth all they cost.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

in Suggestions

Eye of the Night.2157

Yes, especially considering that – they’re not even very powerful, making them even less value for karma…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

They used to be 1/10th of the current price. I don’t see what was the problem with that. I reached lvl 40 with like 6k karma and spent 1k on each weapon. After 10 lvls I had already replaced them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torgul.1583

Torgul.1583

/Signed

When the prices were right (b4 they increased them to ridiculous levels) they were something I looked forward to as little rewards for reaching 40/60 etc. That was all ruined. Bummed me out for at least a week and really did take some of the fun out of the game for me.

I was able to grab a cpl at the initial prices and was really stoked. Came back a day later to fill out a secondary set and was like WTF?. Serious instant let down. There is no reason to have those weapons cost so much …. bring the prices down to where they were initially or just remove the vendors altogether as no one will “EVER” by those weapons.

Was such a shame … really added some frustration and unhappiness to the game for no reason. Stupid decision imho.

T

(edited by Torgul.1583)

in Suggestions

Eye of the Night.2157

I was looking forward to them as well, until I saw the prices… >_>

in Suggestions

Posted by: poot.5487

poot.5487

Unless the skins are both unique and of the highest quality (for t3, anyway,) the prices make no sense whatsoever, and currently that’s not the case.

Crafting a level 80 rare weapon, even if it’s just to throw it into the Mystic Forge, is so much less time-consuming than farming 63k karma that it’s barely reasonable to even compare the two. It’d be a fairer comparison to weigh crafting an exotic level 80 weapon against farming 63k karma for a rare one, but even then I’d say that crafting would win the day.

Meanwhile, exotic level 80 armor pieces cost 42k apiece.

Nothing makes any sense!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Even T3 is way too expensive – come on, 63k per weapon for what is just a RARE item? You got to be kidding me.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

in Suggestions

Eye of the Night.2157

True, but at least at lvl 80 you have time to save up the karma for it without out-levelling the cultural weapons. Those prices really should be lowered to 10% or 20% of their current values.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Yeah, the prices on cultural weapons are INSANE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

I agree for the most part. Keep the prices high on the lvl80 cultural gear, but make the lower level ones more reasonable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

They are far too pricy.

If they were all level 80 and just for skins then whatever, but as they are lower level and have stats, the intent was obviously for them to be used as gear for levelling characters, but the price puts them way outside the ability of an average player to get at that level, same with armour.

And whilst we are on the subject of prices, lose the traits manuals, just unlock the new tier of traits at the appropraite level. the cost of the last one is particualarly stupid.