Time Countdown for Dailies/Monthlies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zelotes.1570

Zelotes.1570

I just want to start out by saying the new Daily/Monthly system is fantastic. A+ job on the whole system, and thanks for all the work you guys do.

February’s Monthly included some new different elements which were interesting—particularly the “Use a Salvage Kit 500 times” (I see what you did there, help to fix the bottomed-out trading post prices on items by incentivizing players to salvage more and sell less, thus reducing supply, thus raising market prices, very clever! ) one.

Well, here’s the issue. I play on a server that says it is a “US East Coast” server. I live in US Central time.

Now, I have realized that the Daily resets at around 7:00 PM US Eastern Time, which I assume is something to do with GMT. That’s all fine and good. My typical play times are in the evenings starting at around 9:00 PM US Eastern, so I typically do the “new” daily that night and enjoy it just fine.

What I failed to do (and I am admitting that this is completely on me) was realize that the “month” of February would actually end at 7:00 PM US Eastern Time on what was still February 28th for me. I was only 10 or so Events from completing the monthly (had done dungeons, daily completions, and salvaged 500 times), and was planning to get them done that evening on Feb 28th, only to realize that the monthly had already reset into March.

I’m not going to lie, I was not happy about this at the time, but again, in hindsight I should have anticipated this given that the Daily changes around that time each day.

What would help though is if you had some kind of ticking countdown clock on the Hero screen, or even just a time stamp that is converted to our “home” time zone that would have said (in my case) “Monthly Ends: February 28th at 6:00 PM US Central Time”.

Just a thought.

Thanks for all the great work!

(edited by Zelotes.1570)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

I’d like to suggest a clock or reminder for monthly progress (anything with a time limit) so people know exactly how much time they have to do something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

This happened to me as well. I was hoping to get the last one, dungeons, done last night and then discovered at 7pm I screwed myself. It’s my fault and I’m not asking for a hand out or partial credit, but I definitely +1 a timer that can be accessed or displayed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Procrastinators of the world unite! When you want to get around to it, at some point in the future, maybe…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

here was a similar topic i made before

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Gather-dailies-monthlies-into-one-tab/first#post1481831

Instead of having 4 achievement categories – daily PvE, daily PvP, monthly PvE, monthly PvP – we can gather together all of them under one achievement category called “Tyrian Traveler”
In here, we can have all the required achievements with a countdown timer set next to them ranging from 24h till 31 days
In this way we can have weekly achievements too without making two new categories for them. Also, there can be added all type of achievements with different timers.
The 5 achievements with the least time in the countdown will be shown on the screen for easy tracking

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I’d rather not have more UI reminders until ArenaNet gives us the option to hide them completely.

It’s gotten rather tiresome having that content always up there.

It started feeling like that dreaded “Quest Shopping List” that we all liked about GW2 not having.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zelotes.1570

Zelotes.1570

I agree, DreamOfACure, that this clock should also come with a “Track” check box as well, which could be added to the other elements of the H tracking (includes monthlies, diving achievements, exploration, jumping puzzles…what have you). That way those who want things up are able to, but those who would rather not be bothered can go ahead and keep it off their screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

its ends at 7pm US EST EVERY SINGLE DAY. There is your reminder. Your welcome anet for saving you from having to program such a silly unneeded feature.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This is a learning experience. They really shouldn’t need to be putting extra effort into teaching you something you should be learning on your own.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker