Time for Ele Summons to become permanent

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Ether by removing their duration untill killed or lowering their cd.

Warriors have permanent banners.
Mesmers have fast recharging Illusions.
Necros have permanent minions.
Rangers have 100% upkeep with Spirits.
Engineers have long-lasting Turrets.
Guardians have 100% upkeep on Spirit Weapons.

It’s time for Summons to arrive and stay. They deserve it. Plus we only have Lesser and Elite Summon and can’t actually raise a whole army, plus our Summons aren’t very versile since you can summon 1 from the right attunement. If you go Fire to deal damage, they have low HP and they will die fast anyway. I’ve yet to see a Fire ele withstand fights like Spirit Sword, iZerk, Golem and others do.

Let’s even out the playing fields. Both in Pve and Pvp.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Then thieves should have their thief summon’s durations set to “until killed”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

“Your kidding… right?” – Thief Summon.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

“Your kidding… right?” – Thief Summon.

Thief summons are also arguably the best in the game.

Ele summons (except for Water) are pretty worthless in a PvP format and none of their summons particularly shine in any remotely challenging PvE content. Actually, Elementalists have the weakest Elite skills in general.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arya.9021

Arya.9021

If you played ele as a support class in PvP, you would realize that having a perma summon would literally kill the balance. The water summon does mass heals. Earth has mass snare. Fire does burning and dps. Air has blind and critical strikes. The “until killed” part does sound legit though.
Should try using tornado more in PvP. The whole object is to contest circles so as to gain/deny points. Throw them off the cap point.
Plus, every summon has a cooldown. I would suggest asking for maybe 5-10 seconds on the recharge after your summon dies, or it is unfair to every other classes summoning skills.

Arya- Zero Quality [zQ]-Guild Wars
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Engineer Turrets are long lasting… when i build them in Lion’s Arch.

On a more serious note, I would enjoy it if several different types of pet summoning skills had cooldowns that began after you summoned them: Turrets, Minions, AND, topically, Elementals. Rangers already use a skill that swaps pets instead of summoning them, so instead of this, they get to complain about pet AI and AoE vulnerability.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

. . . Plus we only have Lesser and Elite Summon and can’t actually raise a whole army . . .

Warrior banners aren’t permanent, mesmer illusions are the main advantage mesmers have, guardians cannot keep their spirit weapons up 100% of the time if that’s what you mean, and the main focus of many necromancers is all about their minions (they don’t have anything else if that’s what they focus on). The rest I don’t know about. Also, if you want to raise an army, play a necromancer (they have quite a few traits for that), but don’t ask that your elementalist to be turned into a minion-master, it would completely invalidate the necromancer.

Now, if you want elementalist summons to last longer or become more powerful, that is a reasonable request. Honestly, I have to agree that at the very least the elite elemental summoning skill could use a little bit of re-balancing . . . it doesn’t really last long enough to be useful as an elite.

(edited by Bron.9647)

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

My point is that eles are in a bit of a disadvantage 1vs1 since others can stack more stuff that boosts their dps outcome towards the ele. We’re now seeing massive amount of necros and rangers in pvp (which is cool they look nice) but poor ele doesn’t have the mechanism to keep up.

The point is to even out the playing field by making those Summons more lastable ether by reducing the cd or making them up untill killed. Especially regarding Elite Summon.

I’m asking this because meta is switching to those who have the biggest army of dps and now we’re seeing insanely massive numbers of MMs and Spirit Rangers.
1 poor Ele can’t keep up with those fights alone. He doesn’t stand a chance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

. . . Plus we only have Lesser and Elite Summon and can’t actually raise a whole army . . .

Warrior banners aren’t permanent, mesmer illusions are the main advantage mesmers have, guardians cannot keep their spirit weapons up 100% of the time if that’s what you mean, and the main focus of many necromancers is all about their minions (they don’t have anything else if that’s what they focus on). The rest I don’t know about. Also, if you want to raise an army, play a necromancer (they have quite a few traits for that), but don’t ask that your elementalist to be turned into a minion-master, it would completely invalidate the necromancer.

Now, if you want elementalist summons to last longer or become more powerful, that is a reasonable request. Honestly, I have to agree that at the very least the elite elemental summoning skill could use a little bit of re-balancing . . . it doesn’t really last long enough to be useful as an elite.

Warrior banners only have a 30 second down time, and if you trait into reduced recharge, they have 0 downtime. So they are almost permanent and can easily be made permanent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: shadowfoxlotus.5109

shadowfoxlotus.5109

Ether by removing their duration untill killed or lowering their cd.

It’s time for Summons to arrive and stay. They deserve it. Plus we only have Lesser and Elite Summon and can’t actually raise a whole army, plus our Summons aren’t very versile since you can summon 1 from the right attunement. If you go Fire to deal damage, they have low HP and they will die fast anyway. I’ve yet to see a Fire ele withstand fights like Spirit Sword, iZerk, Golem and others do.

Let’s even out the playing fields. Both in Pve and Pvp.

Necro summons are not permanent, they die and we have to wait for cooldown to end before we can renew them.
Mesmer’s have their illusions/clones for good reason, it is a part of their class mechanic.
A Warrior’s banner is not permanent, it just lasts a long time and then ends, just like all of the other skills.
Rangers have a pet as their mechanic, but it doesnt really help them with everything, if the pet drops it drops and you have to refresh it to a different one.
Engineers are squishy, and their turrets help with bringing damage they cant deal otherwise.
Guardians have spirit weapons, and they suck. If the weapon is destroyed they have to wait for cooldown like eveyone else.

Elementalists arent meant to have pets, the fact that they have summoning defeats their purpose and there are much better utilities that they can use that allow them to survive. If you w3ant a pet to be with you all the time, make a ranger.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Apparently you haven’t seen how little damage the Elementalist’s summons do, otherwise you wouldn’t be making that argument. The only thing the Elementalist’s summons is good for is to switch to earth and let your golem tank for you.

A thief can use his summon skill to completely obliterate an entire army in half a second, so there’s no competition there. I completely agree with the op on this one.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Apparently you haven’t seen how little damage the Elementalist’s summons do, otherwise you wouldn’t be making that argument. The only thing the Elementalist’s summons is good for is to switch to earth and let your golem tank for you.

A thief can use his summon skill to completely obliterate an entire army in half a second, so there’s no competition there. I completely agree with the op on this one.

i’d love to see a thief do that in WvW

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Seriously? I play a thief in PvP for this reason. I pop that skill and kill at least 2 people every time with it. If you don’t, then you’re playing the class wrong.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

There is a difference between 2 people and an army. Yes, Thieves Guild is great vs a few people but spin2win is better the more there are. I am sorry but your last post made me laugh so hard I nearly passed out.

in Suggestions

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Keep it clean guys. Why I didn’t mentioned thieves is that have an easy way out… Stealth. So when your Guild dies you can just stealth and avoid damage. While ele is left alone when their summons die.

Eles used to be a lot more usefull before then they’re in this meta. And I’ll repeat it, it’s time to even out the playing field.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Actually, Elementalists have the weakest Elite skills in general.

Elementalists have the weakest Elite skills

Elementalists

weakest Elite skills

Wat?

Have you seen what a Fiery Greatsword can do when you use it correctly?

I heard 220k+ damage in 2 seconds is cool.

Their summons are terrible though, I’ll agree to that.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

If that happens Elementalists will become even more OP. They need a nerf quick!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

if eles have to spend their traits to keep their summons up, seems fine with me. Maybe far into the arcane line.

The same way necros, warriors, guardians etc. need to.

Engineers and mesmers shouldn’t even have been brought up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

If that happens Elementalists will become even more OP. They need a nerf quick!

Yeh, because any decent ele would take Summon elemental over FGS.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agree OP. I think the CDs need to be reduced anyway. And having the summon stay out until killed is a good idea. If we attempted to summon a second one while the first one was still alive, the original would need to die.