Titles. The solution to all

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Most suggestions in this forum are, in my humble opinion, optional. The single biggest problem for this game is longevity, which prophecies didn’t have either. The solution is the same as in GW1. Titles.

Several titles need to be expanded on with tiers/ranks. New titles need to be added and a cumulative title has to be created. The current PVE titles in the game show some of the best achievements in the game, while others are strangely neglected. Golden, Dungeon Master, Master Crafter, Emperor are nice goals in the game. Some of those are more in the long term than others.

Suggestions follow:
- Spacebar: for all jumping puzzles
- Champion of Orr: for completing the story. I really expected this ancient title to appear after that Orr king granted me the honour.
- Explorer: for all areas uncovered
- Slayer: for all monsters slain 5000 times. Yes, also the giants. Split this into Risen Slayer, Karka Slayer, Centaur Slayer … with legendary slayer as the end result.
- Dragon Slayer: for all boss achievements
- Weapon Master: for mastering all weapons including focus, warhorn and shield. See Slayer for Shield Master, Sword Master, Master of Overkill …. with Legendary Weapon Master being the target.

All those would result in a Kind of a Big Deal sort of track. Next would be to make titles far more visible.

Titles are what made the GW1 world go round and considerable effort and grind was put into these completely optional goals. Focussing on an expandable title system should be the core endgame development for this game, bar none. IMHO.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: LianaEarthAngel.9687

LianaEarthAngel.9687

GW 1 titles idea was great but yes annoying due to grinding..grrrr…if they had titles here it would be totally different…Spacebar title is the one I want hahaha thats too funny!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Now not to rain on your parade, and I am not against titles as such and all. But I think the reason we do not have more titles yet is that we are to expect more content.
So more monster types, more puzzles etc.
Making some of these titles already would make adding new content… well… you know.

Champion of Orr, oh I am with you on that. I checked if I had the title after that mission and was sort of disapointed it was not there. Individual slayers titles… could work, but just think how many titles would suddenly be… titles can be fun, but don’t want too many either.

Sooo I am not with you on the specifics of the suggestion. But would not mind to see a few more titles, for some things.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

A few more titles would be nice yes. It would also be nice to see the title in front of your name so if you got e.g. “The Emperor” for collecting all racial armors your name would be “The Emperor XY”.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Now not to rain on your parade, and I am not against titles as such and all. But I think the reason we do not have more titles yet is that we are to expect more content.
So more monster types, more puzzles etc.
Making some of these titles already would make adding new content… well… you know.

That’s why it has to be more tiered. KoaBD r1 could need 20 title tiers instead of max, as such it would be more expandable. As such, slayer and explorer could expand depending on new content.

Achieving titles is a goal to be respected, while it carries no in game benefits at all. I’d happily grind for that while I loath ascended.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I absolutely hated all the Title grind in GW 1, and i played it for around 6 years without doing it.

It may be the solution for you personally, i for my part expect something more innovative from Anet (…or they just could have continued GW 1).

But the titles were by far not the thing that kept most people going for so long in GW1, i know, there are many people who hunt Steam achievements and all that crap to feel good about themselves, even if getting them isn’t fun at all, but there are just as much people who hate/don’t care about getting them.

That said, i don’t have anything against a more fleshed out Title system (and I’m pretty sure they already confirmed that they are working on it), but it shouldn’t be hyped or become their idea of “endgame”, since that will put more people off than it would grab.

It’s a nice background feature to track some of your progress while doing fun stuff and it should stay that way.
Making it the main feature of the game would pretty much result in a implosion of the playerbase, turned of by the mindless grind to fill some bars.

A nice to have backround feature?
Sure, why not.

The solution to all?
Absolutely not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

I really wish there were more titles in the game, because they are a way to simply display something you are proud of acheiving next to your name.
Many of the gw1 titles had benefits or side effect benefits. For example the skill hunter title meant that you then had ever available elite skill in the game ready to use because you’d taken the time to hunt them all down. The cartographer ones meant you could see the whole of every map and travel anywhere. Some of the deliberate benefits were adding a small percentage to keep a lockpick after using it, have bonus health or energy in certain areas, taking percentage less damage from specific enemies.

I feel gw2 is massively lacking in titles, there are loads of acheivements, but no way to display your achivement to say “Look what I have done
I don’t think titles are any kind of answer to end game content but they do add to the game.

Would be nice to have ones related to each race, doing X amount of events in the sylvari starter area earns you “savviour of the sylvari” or “Legendary warden” or something like that, with equivilent titles for other races.
“Cleanser of Orr” after having slain X amount of risen creatures in the orr areas. (I think Zhaitan’s Bane is the equivilent, but there’s no way to display that)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i must say, i was most disappointed after getting all the diving goggles, to not receive the “Diving Master” title.

SHOULD. EXIST!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I’d love to see some more titles, definitely.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I’m sad that I’ve played for over 300 hours and I still don’t have a single title…