Titles and bonus stat effects

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaj.2048

Kaj.2048

So as mentioned before is that titles do not really give that feeling of ‘oompf’ as they should be.

Even when getting the title it feels for me like its missing something. For example: When killing 1000 ghosts and getting the title ‘ghost buster’. You get the title, but no additional stats for doing all that hard work.

My idea would be to add little stat bonuses in addition to at least the killing specific types of enemy titles:

Example:

Ghost buster (title): +5% dmg to ghosts
Krait killer: +5% to kraits

It would make players give more effort into actually getting that title for being more effective.

Please comment if you agree or disagree and why so.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

Personally I think receiving the title is reward enough, but I’d be more than happy if they did add this in, although easier to get titles would be nice.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

If they added this, they will force titles upon you based on stats you needed.
Rather destroying the purpose of the titles.

This also creates yet another vertical progressiont hat is not needed int he game.

Want to see how this idea trashed a game? Go look at Aion. Everyone from any given class always used the same title while in pvp. Then you had the go-to farming title, the long distance running title…titles became a meaningless stat boost that everyone had to have just to get that extra one up over those who didn’t have them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

If they added this, they will force titles upon you based on stats you needed.
Rather destroying the purpose of the titles.

This also creates yet another vertical progressiont hat is not needed int he game.

Want to see how this idea trashed a game? Go look at Aion. Everyone from any given class always used the same title while in pvp. Then you had the go-to farming title, the long distance running title…titles became a meaningless stat boost that everyone had to have just to get that extra one up over those who didn’t have them.

That’s a good point.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

In-game stats should never be tied to achievements, imo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaj.2048

Kaj.2048

I see! Thats thrue but having stats +dmg on only pve specific mobs would be a nice addition, without looking at flatout dmg bonus or speed when looking at pvp wise.