To GM'S :) Elementalist swap weapon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sugram.3106

Sugram.3106

i think Elementalist shod have swap weapon to like other classes, easy switch between staff & septer, well that’s my opinion

in Suggestions

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

This should go in the “Suggestions” forum since it’s not a request for technical support. You might even find this suggestion already there, with a heathy discussion of whether or not elementalist actually do need a swap weapon ability since they already have the ability to swap between 4 different elements.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Do you know why they don’t have it? because of 4 attunements so you swap between 4 sets of skills instead which is an bigger advantage than those with weapon swap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

I think other classes need to have a set of 4 attunements they need to switch between in order to buff themselves up via comboing just so they can be semi-viable. How many fields and finishers do YOu have? Do you even know?

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

give eles weapon swaps, and suddenly you have 40 weapon skills to manage.

not happening.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

I don’t agree to this because they don’t actually need it, because, say the engineer uses kits, for versatility, each one has its place and range, but when we’r talking about elementalist, if you choose a weapon you choose a play-style, if you choose dagger as main you are bound to stay close to your enemy, maybe you’ll also pick dagger off-hand because of the extra mobility and control it provides, also the lightning flash utility.

If you pick the staff then you are going to stay away from your target, you won’t have to move that much, and you’ll get control over your enemy movements.

The scepter is halfway, better for control options as you’ll use the auto-atk for the damage mostly and switch to control utilities when needed, while keeping a bit of distance which is easy to manage with 900range.

SO to sum it up, elementalists would need multiple weapon kits if they lacked so much in one department to have to switch, but they don’t, also consider managing 4 skillbars is already hard, maybe 8 would be even too much of an option. It’s not that I wouldn’t like it, but it’s not needed I mean the class feels already complete as it is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

The problem with Elementalists only getting one weapons “set” is that they are then locked into that range, whatever that range is. That’s the price they pay for the versatility of having 4 atunements.

Having said that, I’d get behind an easy way to swap weapons out of combat for Elementalists and Engineers.

Or even better yet, how about swapping builds for everyone?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

I’ve already said this somewhere, but I don’t know where that post has managed to go and I’m honestly too lazy to look.

I could see a weapon swap for eles/engies working so long as its out of combat. Swapping in combat is unnecessary .

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I could see a weapon swap for eles/engies working so long as its out of combat. Swapping in combat is unnecessary .

Already possible Press H then the desired weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly what eles NEED is a lot of balancing , im sure one day Anet will get to them , most likely last since they are much harder to balance than others.

But even while i got a ele lvl 80 , weapon swap would be OP. For now i will simple use my others 80s , ele is a very fun class , but not worthy it atm.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

i think Elementalist shod have swap weapon to like other classes, easy switch between staff & septer, well that’s my opinion

If the 4 Attunements are removed you can swap weapons all day long, I wouldn’t have any problem with that. But as it is now, Eles have already enough flexibility, increasing it further more by allowing them to swap weapon sets can’t be done without a heavy hit with the nerf bat, e.g. a drastic damage reduction.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Suggestions

Fievre.4510

I was thinking more along the lines of something that requires fewer buttons. I can’t just switch with the tilde like I can on the other classes.

Honestly what eles NEED is a lot of balancing , im sure one day Anet will get to them , most likely last since they are much harder to balance than others.

But even while i got a ele lvl 80 , weapon swap would be OP. For now i will simple use my others 80s , ele is a very fun class , but not worthy it atm.

Eles aren’t even broken lol. It’s so tiresome to see people complain about it because they haven’t found a playstyle that works for them. So, just. /headdesk

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Eles aren’t even broken lol. It’s so tiresome to see people complain about it because they haven’t found a playstyle that works for them. So, just. /headdesk

I got 3 lvls 80 , ele/guard/necro.

Only time i find my ele more useful than the other 2 is when i go wvw.

So yeah i think they are quite broken, and many agree with me.

Fact is , most of the times i compare these 3 , using either necro/guard is a faceroll near using the ele.

Maybe you should /headdesk now?

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Fievre.4510

I got 3 lvls 80 , ele/guard/necro.

Only time i find my ele more useful than the other 2 is when i go wvw.

So yeah i think they are quite broken, and many agree with me.

Fact is , most of the times i compare these 3 , using either necro/guard is a faceroll near using the ele.

Maybe you should /headdesk now?

I’ve been playing an ele since BWE1. I’ve done dungeons, SPvP, Tournies, WvW. They’re fine. The exact issue here is that eles aren’t the easiest class to really figure out, which is exactly why people prefer a few other classes, guardians nearly always being one of them.

For now i will simple use my others 80s

So what I’m seeing here is you don’t even play it because the others are easier, but think it’s broken because you haven’t figured it out. Much like most other people who think it’s broken.

The first dungeon to be solo’d was by an elementalist. That’s how underpowered and subpar they are.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Do you know why they don’t have it? because of 4 attunements so you swap between 4 sets of skills instead which is an bigger advantage than those with weapon swap.

Obviously not since they are still the least used PvP class be a huge margin. What you’re essentially saying is that a Swiss Army Knife is more powerful than a gun or a sword. Versatility does not equal power.

in Suggestions

Fievre.4510

Obviously not since they are still the least used PvP class be a huge margin.

Thats because people don’t know what they’re doing lol. Have you seen a good ele play? They’re usually able to, pretty easily, adapt to a bunker position with a roamer build if they need to.

in Suggestions

Conncept.7638

Thats because people don’t know what they’re doing lol. Have you seen a good ele play? They’re usually able to, pretty easily, adapt to a bunker position with a roamer build if they need to.

You’re opinion, and frankly a biased elitist one at that. Who are you to decide how people can and cannot play? I PvP an Ele, and I do alright; neither my success in PvP nor yours changes how unfulfilling of a class they are to most of the playerbase.

The FACT is, they aren’t used.

in Suggestions

Fievre.4510

You’re opinion, and frankly a biased elitist one at that. Who are you to decide how people can and cannot play? I PvP an Ele, and I do alright; neither my success in PvP nor yours changes how unfulfilling of a class they are to most of the playerbase.

The FACT is, they aren’t used.

The fact is that they’re not going to be more popular until people really sit down to learn all their little tricks. I’m not claiming to know them, I’m just saying straight up that eles are not an easy class to do really well with.

Sure, people can play however they want, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to do well. When people don’t do well, especially after playing some of the other classes, they don’t think ‘I just need to practice’ they think ‘Man this class sucks’ and they leave it alone.

A really good ele is hard to find, I think I’ve found like.. two streamers who do really well, and a handful of youtube videos showing them off.

Anyways this is getting off-topic, the thread’s about ele weapon swapping, not if they’re balanced or not xP

in Suggestions

Sugram.3106

its pain in the xxx to use H all the time

in Suggestions

Sugram.3106

my ele build is fire + earth, fire gives power + con dur, earth gives toughness + con dam, good combination for dam & dps weapons septer + dagger, but sometimes i like to make AOE

(edited by Sugram.3106)

in Suggestions

Conncept.7638

The fact is that they’re not going to be more popular until people really sit down to learn all their little tricks. I’m not claiming to know them, I’m just saying straight up that eles are not an easy class to do really well with.

Sure, people can play however they want, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to do well. When people don’t do well, especially after playing some of the other classes, they don’t think ‘I just need to practice’ they think ‘Man this class sucks’ and they leave it alone. 

A really good ele is hard to find, I think I’ve found like.. two streamers who do really well, and a handful of youtube videos showing them off.

The game has been out three months, if people haven’t learned these ‘little tricks’ you claim are there, they are never going to. And I don’t blame them, they have no reason to, from a mechanical design perspective there is nothing special about this class that makes them engaging enough to put that much effort in to.

If the class doesn’t fit the players, it’s the class that needs changing, not the playerbase. You design a game for the people that play it, not the players for the game.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Funny, there are a LOT of players that like the elementalist as is and use it as their main. Being able to switch from a mobile artillery platform into a support beacon, also able to support your allies by creating fields for what buffs they need most. Perhaps the problem is you just want to be a mage and sit back and blow things up rather than be a far more valuable cog in the group by being a supporter.

A well played elementalist makes a group just chug along strong.

in Suggestions

Sugram.3106

Funny, there are a LOT of players that like the elementalist as is and use it as their main. Being able to switch from a mobile artillery platform into a support beacon, also able to support your allies by creating fields for what buffs they need most. Perhaps the problem is you just want to be a mage and sit back and blow things up rather than be a far more valuable cog in the group by being a supporter.

i like to be stronger a bit so i cold survive mane quest its hard if i have fire water build or air water build, i cant depend on others all the time, & dam & dps is useful in groups

also i have more then 1 char so i can be more of support with other char like ranger

(edited by Sugram.3106)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

i like to be stronger a bit so i cold survive mane quest its hard if i have fire water build or air water build, i cant depend on others all the time, & dam & dps is useful in groups

Then kite! Everything about the elementalist is a kite class. If you aren’t moving you are a sitting duck. Solo builds are best if they are 10/10/10/10/30. No real specialization so you can easily make use of every element to a real benefit (I personaly find it hilarious to hit enemies with a water skill and cause burning).

in Suggestions

Sugram.3106

The game has been out three months, if people haven’t learned these ‘little tricks’ you claim are there, they are never going to. And I don’t blame them, they have no reason to, from a mechanical design perspective there is nothing special about this class that makes them engaging enough to put that much effort in to.

If the class doesn’t fit the players, it’s the class that needs changing, not the playerbase. You design a game for the people that play it, not the players for the game.

u got a point there, i meat that part (You design a game for the people that play it, not the players for the game)

(edited by Sugram.3106)

in Suggestions

Sugram.3106

I’ve already said this somewhere, but I don’t know where that post has managed to go and I’m honestly too lazy to look.

i think i wold like it even if they do weapon swap out of combat for ele, it wold be more
comfortable then bush H & swap weapon manually like right new

in Suggestions

Sugram.3106

Then kite! Everything about the elementalist is a kite class. If you aren’t moving you are a sitting duck. Solo builds are best if they are 10/10/10/10/30. No real specialization so you can easily make use of every element to a real benefit (I personaly find it hilarious to hit enemies with a water skill and cause burning).

well i think fire 30 earth 30 build is good, this 2 make each other stronger, fire gives power + con dur, earth gives toughness + con dam

i ton’t switch between fire water air earth, i use only 1 & it is fire, cause switching has duration its annoying to switch to get 1 or 2 buffs from water, dose swap weapon has duration? no it dose not!!! so why switch between fire water air earth has duration?, my mane is fire & when i switch to earth or water for buffs i cant switch back fast enough & it can cost me my life, specially in PVE

(edited by Sugram.3106)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The 4 attunements is enough. Learn to swap between them and use the traits for the skills/attunements you use the most.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bahamadude.4925

Bahamadude.4925

I love the ele as is. All you need to do is change the weapon for the situation before you get in a fight. example: if you’re going to fight a tough mob solo, equip daggers. and use those bleeds earth magic has and widdle your target down all the while keeping away from him.

Weapon swapping really isn’t that necessary. like the eng, an ele can even summon weapon swap would just be a tad wrong.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

its pain in the xxx to use H all the time

This is the bottom line.

I might use Staff for traveling and events, but prefer Scepter/Dagger for open world combat, and lose the Dagger for Focus in dungeons.

It’d be nice, really nice, if I could have a quick easy way to swap out when I’m out of combat.