Toggle Skills -AKA- The Engi Kit Treatment

Toggle Skills -AKA- The Engi Kit Treatment

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

This is something I’ve been thinking about for a long time now, but I feel like there are a handful of skills out there that are SORTA cool, and I ALMOST want to use them, but I just cant quite find a use for them. Either there’s a better option available, they’re too situational, or… primarily, the cooldown and the effect just dont match up.

After thinking about it for a long time, I feel a lot of these skills would be more appropriate if they were given the Engi Kit treatment. Now, hear me out before you start flaming, because I know it’s a big step.

Here are a few examples of such skills which could benefit from being the Engi kit treatment:
Warrior: Rampage
Guardian: Both Tomes
Engineer: Mortar
Elementalist: Conjured weapons
etc

Racially, there are a few skills that could use the same treatment:
Charr: Charzooka
Human: All 3 elites
Asura: Powersuit
Norn: All elite animal forms
etc

Now, yes, not EVERY skill is suited for this “Engi Kit” treatment exactly as it currently is. Some would absolutely need some readjusting. But with some minor tweaking, I feel this could easily be balanced, and opened up as new viable options, and new builds!

Finally, the cooldown versions can still remain, for those who like them as is…. as there was mention of new unlockable skills being added, perhaps an alternate version of some of these skills can be made available?
Feedback is welcome!