Too many mats, and no sink for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Note: this isn’t a problem for everyone.

This has become an increasing trend in gw2, where you have mats that you cant even use, sell, or burn at a vendor to clear up space. Please add a sink (like a karma sink (orrian jewel boxes)) for these mats.

Screenshot is an example.. and some people have more than I do… mind you, i’ve made 6 ascended weapons already, and have the rest already refined ready for my armors.

Attachments:

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I just delete all that rubbish now.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

They usually add item sinks in various updates (like in bazaar update which destroyed a ton of mats).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

you can now but the upgrade the stack limit up to 1000 now …not to mention that you could use a crafting profession and slim down those stacks into something else. I had two bank tabs full of the dust and and when the ascended armor was added I compacted all that down into 4 or 5 spaces…now you can tell me about how that gem store item cost money or the fact that you are not gonna level a craft to 500, yes I was the same way.
What really boiled the blood was that I spent like 60 gold making my guild vault have those bags then after its all said and done here comes the gem store item to make consumables stack high.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I just delete all that rubbish now.

Same here, I wish they could add an inventory option to auto trash items that you can set by right clicking on it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Have you tried refining them?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Why? I couldn’t care less about ascended. Do we have to refine junk to get rid of it?

Let’s face it these items are hassle inducing junk items we can’t sell. I’m surprised we don’t get the confirmation box asking us to type the name of them before we can delete.

(edited by Paul.4081)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Personally, I can’t get enough of those mats. You must love running Dungeons and FotM to have so many. I dislike Dungeons and FotM so I have very few of those mats. Except for the dust which I just keep making bricks with. For Shards, I have zero…

Thus, if they create a “sink” where one could profit from those mats, then they should make them more available to other areas of the game too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

If I refine them, can I then sell them………………….. “What NO”, thought not.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: True Windigo.1704

True Windigo.1704

Well here is to the hope that we could one day we could craft ASCENDED JEWEL GEAR!!

ZOMG GET JEWELRY UP TO 500!!!!!

I’m at 435 in artificing and struggling to get over that because I have no reason to craft anything up to 450, because I’ll be crafting stuff that cost more to craft then the item I make can sell for……..like WHAT! And then past that YOU CAN’T SELL WHAT YOU MAKE AT ALL AT THAT TIER!

So I have a tone of these mats and can do NOTHING with them!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

That is it!
Make the Jeweler the one craft that can get to 500 and not actually make ascended rings and such since anet already screwed them out of being able to do that anyway. Let them be the ones who can refine the mats and those mats refined by a Jeweler will be able to be sold on the TP. Not only being able to refine mats to higher states but break down rings from drops into ready to use mats.
Yes this is a good compensation for not letting the Jeweler do what he was supposed to do anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragus.1853

Dragus.1853

As much as I’d like to say just delete them and stop complaining, my inner pack-rat thinks anet should just assign a cheap monetary value to them.