Tooltip Update

Tooltip Update

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thorg.6809

Thorg.6809

Many times while trying to figure out a build I would like to play, I read through various skill and trait tooltips. Unfortunately, I’ve learned that many of the tooltips are vague, misleading, or just plain wrong. It’s becoming a real hassle to have to search the gw2 wiki to make sure certain things currently work as stated in the tooltips, and it would be awesome if these could be updated to reflect how they actually work.

Examples of ‘bad’ tooltips:

• Blood/Rending curse(Necromancer Scepter 1) applies 5 seconds of bleeding, not 4.
  • Arcane Blast/Wave(Elementalist Skills) display incorrect damage, considerably higher than actual values.
  • Many passive movement speed signets say 25% on the tooltip but 10% on the boon icon. It’s also not stated anywhere that movement speed increases don’t stack.
  • Many traits that apply boons/conditions don’t specify how long or how many stacks they apply, for example Barbed Precision(Necromancer Trait)- "Critical hits have a 66% chance to cause bleeding. "
  • Soothing Mist(Elementalist Trait)- “Regenerate health while attuned to water.” Doesn’t say how much healing it does(It’s not the same at the regeneration boon) nor that it also applies this effect to nearby allies.
  • Healing Ripple(Elementalist Trait)- “Heal nearby allies when attuning to water.” Again, doesn’t say how much healing.

This list could be expanded to dozens of tooltips for each class. Not having specific information about your skills available in game makes it nearly impossible to try and create a personal build for your class and playstyle; thus cookie-cutter builds found from google searches become the only way to make a reasonably good build.

Tl;dr, Tooltips are lacking much needed details to provide players with enough information to make decisions about their skills and trait choices.

P.S. This is probably more of a complaint than a suggestion, but there wasn’t a forum category for that.