Top right GO away!

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justfor.6018

Justfor.6018

I’m not an old GW2 player – I started playing around December – but from the beginning the un-customizable UI has been a pain.

I’d really love to hide all that top-right corner crap permanently.

However, after reading ANet’s ‘reasoning’ for not doing this, I must say I don’t have a lot of hopes… the reason they gave was incredibly lame.

I believe ANtet simply doesn’t give a kitten about this issue. They decided the UI ‘had’ to be like this, so basically it ends up in a gigantic ‘deal with it’.

Duh.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

kittenING MARVELLOUS!!

Now we`ve also dragon crap top right permanently!?

Anet, get rid of this kitten now!

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

kittenING MARVELLOUS!!

Now we`ve also dragon crap top right permanently!?

Anet, get rid of this kitten now!

I has been 4 months. Anet has already proved they don’t care about you. The people who log in every day and support their game aren’t Anet’s favorite people. The people they love are the ones that pop on once every other day for 30 minutes just to kill a dragon and buy town clothes. They’re the ones who need the UI so they can find out about the new events and find their way to Lion’s Arch. If they cared at all about the long term players, small issues like this would have been gone within a month.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

They could add a small “X” to hide the events, and living / personal story, or to minimize it.
In addition, there could be a hotkey, or you can show it when you move your cursor to the right side of the screen.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

They could add a small “X” to hide the events, and living / personal story, or to minimize it.
In addition, there could be a hotkey, or you can show it when you move your cursor to the right side of the screen.

That`d be best, as anet have said, they have to keep things simple for the simple folk, but here we are again.
Another month of ui stuck top right that doesn`t need to be there.

/siiiiiiiiiiiiigh

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Just a hide/show toggle. Wouldn’t kill your devs I suppose. Please =D

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It wouldn’t be as annoying as it is for me if they would maintain the state of collapse that I put them in! Any event I complete causes my personal storyline to expand, my expanded Daily Tasks to collapse, and the Living Story to expand…

They’ve previously stated that they fixed the issue of expand/collapse states not being remembered, though it never has been. Since I can’t remove/hide the Personal Storyline and Living Story boxes, at least keep them collapsed like I choose them to be and not re-expand them simply because I completed a dynamic event! It’s very sad. I only want my Daily to be expanded, but by completing one of the tasks in my daily it causes it to become collapsed and then expands all the other annoying boxes. So then I need to re-collapse them and re-expand my Daily box.

So sad.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/guildcast-guild-wars-show/guild-wars-2-updates-guildcast-77/

51:49 Richie mentions an UI overhaul.

With any luck they`ll be fixing this & giving us options to get shot of it if we want, & hopefully not adding more crap…

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

Sign me up for this – the living story / achievements notifications should be optional.. I only spvp and it is a horrible eyesore and completely unneccessary to me – at least make it when you are in pvp and wvw the living story doesn’t show up, since it’s mainly a pve feature.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: vesperia.6097

vesperia.6097

I didn’t even notice the daily notice there I mean it’s so small…

Might makes me right!

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

I can deal with everything except the Target window being at top center. That irks me beyond measure. When I’m in a big fight i play zoomed out almost completely so I can see the landscape around me in case an AoE is dropping or adds come into the fray. That spot at the top center of my screen is exactly where the boss usually is. I’d do anything, anything, to be able to move that somewhere else.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

I didn’t even notice the daily notice there I mean it’s so small…

I notice, bad ui decisions bug the hell out of me.
Thing is, I`ve no interest inn doing dailies, but have to to get that off of the screen.
Ever tried aiming arrow carts in tight spaces & can`t see because of dailies/monthlies etc in the way.

Hell, we can`t even click through them, let alone even hide them, like any other sensible mmo would`ve allowed us to.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

I can deal with everything except the Target window being at top center. That irks me beyond measure. When I’m in a big fight i play zoomed out almost completely so I can see the landscape around me in case an AoE is dropping or adds come into the fray. That spot at the top center of my screen is exactly where the boss usually is. I’d do anything, anything, to be able to move that somewhere else.

It`s such a shame after the standard ui settings in Guild Wars, where you could move every single thing to where you wanted it to be, & then we have gw2 where you`re not allowed to move a single item /sigh

The player/target selected could do with ability to move (along with everything) especially when in the likes of spvp, the games auto-balancing is then also spammed on top of the target selected, blocking that & all buffs players need to see.

Daft game is daft…

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Completely agree. Coming from GW1 where the entire UI was customizable – hide, show, reposition, and/or resize any UI element you wish – GW2 UI’s lack of same is deplorable.

Do not give up hope, though. It only took 9 months, 38,000+ views, and 821 responses before ArenaNet finally consented to giving us an option to disable right click targeting. Start a campaign to keep this topic on the first page of the Suggestions forum and maybe in another 9 months they’ll finally give us the ability to customize the UI to our liking.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

And Living Story and Personal Story markers should be optional. It’s slightly annoying that if one doesn’t want to partake in either of those that you are forced to constantly be reminded of them.

Also what Stinvec said, why do the markers keep expanding every time you wp or zone out? If I had a copper for every time I manually collapsed those I’d have 100g.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Completely agree. Coming from GW1 where the entire UI was customizable – hide, show, reposition, and/or resize any UI element you wish – GW2 UI’s lack of same is deplorable.

Do not give up hope, though. It only took 9 months, 38,000+ views, and 821 responses before ArenaNet finally consented to giving us an option to disable right click targeting. Start a campaign to keep this topic on the first page of the Suggestions forum and maybe in another 9 months they’ll finally give us the ability to customize the UI to our liking.

Gave up hope a long time ago, but will keep pestering for all those that will stay with the game through thick & thin on the off chance that anet will finally do something for the players, preferably before gw3 is released ;p

I do keep adding bits from time to time, but no doubt I`ll get another infraction as I already have for posting in this thread lol

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: sephire.7296

sephire.7296

Was on my alt earlier in Fireheart Rise and almost the entire right hand screen was taken by this clutter. Option to hide permanently please.

Sephire Blackrose
- A crummy Mesmer on Piken Square

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

How I feel when I look at the right side of the screen ever.

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

If they would just let the list collapsed if we choose so and not expanding it all the time for various reasons, it will solve this issue with dignity. I dont think people would be irritated to see just 3-4 rows of text.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

If they would just let the list collapsed if we choose so and not expanding it all the time for various reasons, it will solve this issue with dignity. I dont think people would be irritated to see just 3-4 rows of text.

I would be irritated. I don’t want it there at all. Aside from the clutter/aesthetics issue, it’s also a functional/game mechanics issue. I don’t want all that junk text (and, yes, for someone who plays the game primarily for WvWvW and/or PvP, it IS junk text) obstructing my ability to aim an arrow cart targeting reticle, for example.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: WingedVictory.9013

WingedVictory.9013

I will gladly help keep this thread active in the hope of ANet listening; the story prompt is annoying to me in several ways because of me actually making my character’s story myself. (And it doesn’t involve going to Orr, or anything to do with that place >.>)

I’d prefer to just have events in that corner… an option to hide living story and “my” story stuff could easily be added in the options or hero panel.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I would be irritated. I don’t want it there at all. Aside from the clutter/aesthetics issue, it’s also a functional/game mechanics issue. I don’t want all that junk text (and, yes, for someone who plays the game primarily for WvWvW and/or PvP, it IS junk text) obstructing my ability to aim an arrow cart targeting reticle, for example.

I dont give a kitten about PvP or WvW. My reply is from a personal perspective like yours so you shouldn’t feel offended anyway

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Braxis.8396

Braxis.8396

I dont give a kitten about PvP or WvW. My reply is from a personal perspective like yours so you shouldn’t feel offended anyway

This guy is right, this text is junk, there should be option to disable it !! Option so people who like it can have it

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

A Net said they wont make it hidden for whatever reason so, finding a solution with that in mind is more appreciated then personal reasons to say NO to whatever we have.
I’d invite you to look at the picture posted at the beginning of this thread from another game by Fyrebrand.4859 and then say “Thank God, we don’t have this in GW2”

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I cannot take anyone in this thread seriously, why do you all want this so called “Clutter” Removed? It’s not distracting at all, the only way i can see it being distracting is if you all play on a 5 inch monitor.

Guild wars 2’s UI Is incredibly minimalistic, you’re all just being incredibly whiny, sorry to say, but the majority of you are acting like spoiled children. “THE PEAS ARE TOUCHING THE MASHED POTATO, OH MY GOD! MUUUUUUUUUUM!”

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

Here’s a fun idea: Play without your UI.

:D

We’ll call it… “GW2 – Expert mode”

Love it!

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

For characters still doing the personal story, give them back the dedicated Quest Log UI window like in GW1. Dump the living story general notes here as well.

Leave daily/monthly achievement progress in the achievement panel.

Leave the top-right for dynamic events that pop up when in range, as they do in the world and WvW, etc.

Then provide tracking in the quest / story log like achievements have. Players can then choose to track what they want, be it story objectives or dailies or whatnot, and clutter or de-clutter the area as they wish.

----

Alternatively, give us little X icons to close the things we don’t want. If the worry is that players won’t see it and then be too stupid to figure out what to do, make us have to choose to close it every time we log a character in, even when switching chars.

The point is let the choice of what to show here be ours as much as possible.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

After helping guild with a mission, someone in zone said destroyer was up, so I pottered over.

Just check all of that crap on the right….

Click a shield, half a dozen more underneath (fix, put them on a timer)
Boss hp (fix, if we`ve got it targeted, we don`t need it on right showing the exact same hp)
Monthly (fix, just give us an option, not like the reward is of any use for most folk. I`ve hundreds of potions in bank I don`t need.)
Sky pirates (fix, option to turn off, not done any of it, no intention of doing any).

Attachments:

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

After helping guild with a mission, someone in zone said destroyer was up, so I pottered over.

Just check all of that crap on the right….

Click a shield, half a dozen more underneath (fix, put them on a timer)
Boss hp (fix, if we`ve got it targeted, we don`t need it on right showing the exact same hp)
Monthly (fix, just give us an option, not like the reward is of any use for most folk. I`ve hundreds of potions in bank I don`t need.)
Sky pirates (fix, option to turn off, not done any of it, no intention of doing any).

really? just click away the finished event and its all good……………………
stop trying to make this into a big problem.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I cannot take anyone in this thread seriously, why do you all want this so called “Clutter” Removed? It’s not distracting at all, the only way i can see it being distracting is if you all play on a 5 inch monitor.

Guild wars 2’s UI Is incredibly minimalistic, you’re all just being incredibly whiny, sorry to say, but the majority of you are acting like spoiled children. “THE PEAS ARE TOUCHING THE MASHED POTATO, OH MY GOD! MUUUUUUUUUUM!”

Who the kitten are you to tell anyone that they shouldn’t complain about GW2 cluttered UI?

I want the option to have a UI as cluttered free as Skyrim’ UI!

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I wasn’t offended. I was simply pointing out that your generalization of “I dont think people would be irritated to see just 3-4 rows of text.” does not apply to everyone. I would be irritated (as well as others, judging by their responses) to have even 3-4 rows of text. I don’t want it minimized; I want the option to completely remove it from the screen (and so do others).

If your reply was from a personal perspective, then stating I wouldn’t be irritated to see just 3-4 rows of text.” would have been more appropriate. As soon as you said people, your statement as written assumes everyone is in agreement with your personal perspective; that’s simply not the case.

Now maybe that wasn’t your intent. There’s a big difference, though, between “I would be ok with XYZ” and “People would be ok with XYZ”. The former is a personal perspective while the latter is an over-generalization.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

Who the kitten are you to tell anyone that they shouldn’t complain about GW2 cluttered UI?

Ctrl-Shift+H And there you have a skyrim UI

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

If they made enemy name plates visible whilst doing that, would`ve used that permanently since day one

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

If they made enemy name plates visible whilst doing that, would`ve used that permanently since day one

Also can’t see menus using Ctrl-Shift+H. I do use Ctrl-Shift+H for taking images but that’s not perfect either. As I have to use /sleep to make my character less visible.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Only other advantage to CTRL-shift-H is we don`t get this stupid crap pop up when it is least needed…..

Logged game, three times in five minutes this crap happened :$

Guess we should all sit in Lags Arch like everything else is.

Attachments:

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

WingedVictory.9013

I’ve been told you can “minimize” the stuff there.
What’s interesting about that is when you minimize the story, an event occurs and goes, and it pops back up.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Yes you can minimise, but like you said it won`t stay shrunk down.
Anything from using a waypoint, gaining a shield/event, achievement or just sneezing pops up whichever it wants to.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Even the shrunk down version is too big when the player does not want to see it.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wilderness.5137

Wilderness.5137

Yes! Please give us the option to toggle the trackers for personal story, world events, and achievements (monthly, daily, etc).

(edited by Wilderness.5137)

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

ArenaNet, stop patronizing us (at best) or pimping the gemstore (at worst).

There are two arguments in favor of maintaining the current upper right messages:

1) To help guide and inform players of what’s going on in the game. I can agree that they serve a useful function for players who are new to MMOs, have limited playtime, wish to track their progress, and/or have no interest in following the latest updates on the forum, the official website, social media outlets, news feeds, etc.

With a toggle, players who prefer to keep these messages ever-present are satisfied while those who want to get rid of them have their needs met, as well. Giving us the ability to turn off the messages will in no way negatively impact the gaming experience for those already aware of the latest updates through sources outside the game. Thus, there’s no merit to the argument that the messages are a necessary aid.

2) The messages help drive gemstore sales which are essential to the long-term economic success of the game, future content releases, and saving the known universe. Without these messages, players won’t be aware of the latest updates to the living story and all the themed nifty, neato, new baubles available for purchase in the gemstore. Players will purchase less of this new stuff, gemstore sales will plummet, the game will wither and die from lack of income, and the space-time continuum will unravel in a massive collapse.

I call BS on this argument. Players are well aware of the gemstore and all the new items for sale since it gets thrown in our face every freaking time we open the Trading Post panel. There’s no way a player could possibly miss all the new stuff for sale on the gemstore unless they were blind.

Got news for you, ArenaNet. Those who are going to buy from the gemstore will do so regardless of whether or not there are messages about the latest living story update in the upper right corner of the screen. Those who are not going to buy from the gemstore will never buy from the gemstore regardless of how many messages you pop up in front of their eyes.

Quite the contrary, the more aggressively you attempt to steer players towards the gemstore who have no intention of ever spending one penny there, the more entrenched they become in their opinion not to support the gemstore and the more you turn them off to the game. A player who may not spend money in the gemstore but will gladly purchase a boxed expansion update may become less likely to do so the more and more you attempt to coerce a gemstore purchase out of them. This blatant advertising actually becomes counter-productive and may lead to fewer sales rather than more.

You didn’t seem to learn your lesson over the whole “right mouse button target toggle” fiasco. So I’ll repeat what you should have taken to heart from that issue:

Give control of the UI and keyboard-mouse binding to the players.

Do that, and you might actually make some gemstore sales from players grateful for a games developer who listens to them and treats them with respect.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Playing on my lowbie guardian (40-50ish) earlier, stuck in (forgotten its name) place north of LA whilst awaiting queue pop for WvWs.
/sigh
Permanent reminder of story mode I`ve still zero intention to do, ever.
Now with the new vote for whoever folk are voting for, we`ll get another constant reminder.
I have never entered fractals & never will.
A months worth of reduced wps or wtk the other option is is not enough to warrant the crap top right for however long it`ll last.

Guild Wars ui was so great compared to this.
What went wrong?

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

WingedVictory.9013

I think a bit of it was making it idiot proof… I can’t find the post right now but an ANet employee mentioned they discussed the ability to hide the story prompts but the problem was basically “what if someone clicks it by accident and doesn’t know how to get it back?”

Kind of a silly reason if you could easily make a warning box pop up. “You’re about to hide your story prompts. Are you sure? [Yes] [No]”

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Yeah, I saw & linked that earlier on, but it is an awful excuse on their part.
It is an online game, even if someone messes it up, they can look at the options themselves. Can`t find it, ask a guildie. Not in a guild, ask in /m or /t.
No joy, ask in /s in LA, you`re guaranteed an answer soon enough. Even internot if you just don`t want to converse.
But plaguing players that can work things like this because of one or twelve fools is wrong.

Gets worse, doing the dailies today (rewards I don`t need) to get my screen back, got chests popped up.
Clicked, thinking one for dailies, one for wxp, but nooooo…..

No way to cancel it, move it or anything. I had option of rushing to select wtk there was or just logging out & back in again, so that I wasn`t mid war zone :$

Attachments:

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

WingedVictory.9013

Haha the achievement chest is pretty large. They actually made it so it can be saved for later, that little arrow bottom right saves the chest for later.

But speaking of things popping up, when trying to minimize the “my” story I misclick and it brings up the hero panel to remind me of something I’ll never do >.>
(Every 10 minutes or whenever the stupid thing decides to pop up again.)

I mean they put the confirm dialog with buying my 500 Dragon Cupcakes. Seriously if they can put the confirm message for THAT they can do it really easily for removing the stuff in the corner…

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Permanent reminder of story mode I`ve still zero intention to do, ever.

I would only do the personal storyline in this game but sadly I need to do the usual grind of hearts and events to keep up with it. The story is the only thing that actually has a meaning to it not some number attached to your yellow bar

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

I guess you`re one of the lucky ones that enjoy the story, but personally I found it lame, especially compared to Guild Wars.

Ah well, here we are, another month of daily & monthly crap on the screen.
/sigh

Give us addons so we can turn this kitten off already!

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I think I did this already, but +1 and bump. This is one of those things we need.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Trying to throw aoe things in the gauntlet, end up clicking top right stuff (courtesy of this games kitten camera) & ta da, bloody ui opens up.

Fix this crap, we don`t care that there are bosses on lower levels/dailies to be done etc.

For 2013, this games “minimalistic ui” is both a lie & an embarrassment.

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

That it’s there for “stupid mode” is depressing in the extreme. I don’t even care if I have to download a patch from you guys manually to turn it off and bend over backwards, I would like the option a-la-GW1 UI to close/turnoff/lose crap as I pleased.

GW1 had one of the most customizable UI’s available for MMO’s. You could just about do anything you wanted with it and I absolutely loved it! Not to mention the various texmod mods that players released to further customize it.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Top right GO away!

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Ooh, there are mods for Guild Wars? None of guildies ever mentioned them.
Never knew that, although tbh it is so readily alterable, I`d never thought of needing mods. Except for text tad small at times I guess.

As for this game, there is soooo much that is needed to fix the ui, especially when….
Hell, i even prefer EVE online ui over this games lol

Attachments: