Town Clothes only in Cash Shop = Bad Idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: getweirder.2516

getweirder.2516

I understand the cooking outfit, designer hoodies, pirate outfits, outlandish stuff, wild and fun clothes costing jems. That all makes perfect sense. But there are such a wide array of NPC clothing skins we can see walking around the cities that should be attainable other ways. From a RP perspective, it’s less than impressive to all have the same starting town clothes depending on our race and gender.

This may seem like a non issue to a lot of folks, and I can understand that, but by just making 2 or 3 cultural sets to give gamers A CHOICE would be invaluable. Make them cost a gold or 2, or 5 or 10 whatever. It could be something to work towards. Or give tailors some special high end recipes to craft these! Again, SOMETHING TO WORK TOWARDS. But introducing uniform town clothes to the populace, then squeezing money from people who are dissatisfied with their look leaves a bitter taste in our mouths.

I bought the designer hoodie and all the riding clothes for my main. I don’t regret it. They’re awesome! But I don’t want to have to do the same thing for my alts once clothes that seems fitting for their race starts getting added to the cash shop.

Keep them limited. You don’t have to add a lot. But give us SOME option that’s attainable without spending real money please. I hope you consider this. I’ve read a dev post or two implying this will not be your direction, but I REALLY think you should reconsider that.

(edited by getweirder.2516)

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

You can buy gems with in-game gold, i don’t see the problem.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I don’t really see the problem either, but I WOULD like to see some kind of ability to replace the town clothes we start with (for example, if we destroy them and regret it later). Preferably for free, as well.

Additionally, why can’t we access the town clothes sets worn by NPCs? These are in the game already, so why can’t players acquire them in some way?

in Suggestions

Posted by: getweirder.2516

getweirder.2516

I don’t really see the problem either, but I WOULD like to see some kind of ability to replace the town clothes we start with (for example, if we destroy them and regret it later). Preferably for free, as well.

Additionally, why can’t we access the town clothes sets worn by NPCs? These are in the game already, so why can’t players acquire them in some way?

No I don’t think we can. I guess I don’t understand the jem to gold exchange yet, not fully. But no the only town clothes we have are the ones we start with, and the few that they’ve put in the jem store. I still think making some of them craft-able is a good idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’d like to be able to craft town clothing.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joyful Blue.7392

Joyful Blue.7392

It doesn’t bother me that everyone is stuck with the same town clothes by default and that’s because I never use mine anyway. I’ve seen the town clothes that are available to buy and some of them look ace, there’s no way I will be ever be purchasing any of them though for the simple reason that they are….well, town clothes. The pirate captain outfit is awesome but if I’m not allowed to wear it while fighting then you can forget it.