Trading Post: Guild Name Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grendel.1235

Grendel.1235

I recently created a guild with the intent of its name to be representative of the old norse compass known as Vegvisir. I am not sure why, but at the time I accidently mispelled it as “Vagvisir”

I am torn. Weeks of influence grinding to realize that I mispelled it!

Long story short, it would be nice to have a trading post item (for gems of course) that allows for a guild name change. If not for gems, maybe for influence? I don’t think I am nor will I be the last one to either, A: mispell their guild name (doh), or B: wish to change the name at a later date.

I find this feature rather nonexistent in MMOs and I never understood why they would force players to disband guilds or create more guilds just for a different name.

GW2 has the nice ability to be in multiple guilds, but again, losing all that influence and my current members are really what I would like to avoid, enough to spend some gems on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I know this seems kind of awkward, but hear me out!—

I suppose you could convince someone to report your guild’s name and Anet might give you a chance to rename it. After all, the first three letters do spell out something else … that’s one way I could think of, but it’s unique to your situation instead of just a simple misspelling.

I do agree somewhat, but I think the price of the Guild Name Change service should be proportional to the size of the guild. Meaning that larger guilds would have to pay more Gems to have their name changed compared to smaller guilds.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I think this is a great idea, and could only make Anet more money

Obviously there’s have to be certain restrictions set in place though. For example: no changing the guild’s name more than once in a 3 month period, or something along those lines.

I’m sure we’ll be hearing more and more tales of woe from people with guild names they regret, and yet a lot of influence and an established membership. Though it may not be a priority, this should definitely be implemented eventually.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grendel.1235

Grendel.1235

I agree, maybe some kind of restriction on how many times the name can be changed. Even only allowing it once would be a huge benefit

in Suggestions

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I support this ~ We had to rename our guild at launch because someone stole the name (other big beta guilds have had there name stolen too)

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -