Transmutation Stone Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m the type of person that likes to wear something different, on the fly, every day, multiple times a day. I constantly change my dye.

I think the way Transmutation stones work is completely cost prohibitive, as they become permanently attached, and you have to not only go find another base piece to use to change a look, but you have to spend money on stones to make the changes.

Something like dyes, whether you are content with those you find through drops, or spend in game money buying them in the TP or use gems to buy packs, at least you are given something that you then learn (and character based is fine, I will concede that point of income generation to you, it’s acceptable), you now ‘know’ that dye, and you can apply it to what you are wearing on a whim.

I think once you destroy a piece of armor with a transmutation stone, the ‘look’ part of it should become just like a dye, and you just ‘know’ that look, and can apply that look to a piece on a whim, any time you want, with no transmutation stone required. Character based is fine, keeps the stones as a source of income.

Plus, you still need a stone to learn the piece the first time, and you still need the stone if you want to move the augments from one piece to another new base armor piece.

But applying a ‘look’ to a piece of armor should only require a stone the first time, and then you just know that look.

It’s killing me not being able to change what I’m wearing on the fly whenever I feel like it without, of course, building multiple ‘sets’ of armor, which is ridiculous on a whole other scale.

And yes, it would have been nice to just have a system like LotRO or Rift, but honestly I’m fine with your system, and understand how it feeds into the cash shop, but it’s a ‘bit’ over board, and I think with that small change in my suggestion, the system could remain mostly intact.

We just need to be able to learn just the ‘look’ as if it’s a dye, to be used over and over again on a whim free of charge, just like a dye we know. Stones will still be used to ‘learn’ the look (still burns the source armor), and stones are still required to move ‘augments and stats’ from one piece to another.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cherrysoul.3507

Cherrysoul.3507

I think a better/easier? option would be to add a ‘wardrobe’ type tab/system maybe even make it so that the ‘Tow clothes’ could become a ‘wardrobe’ so to speak for all your favorite gear looks. Perhaps with a storage for gear like the PVP Lockers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I’ve got like 6 gazillion basic transmutation stones from daily stuff and zone completions so im not sure you can call it cost prohibitive . I think you just need to be a little more conservative with your use of them .

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I don’t see it as a problem either.
Simply avoid using them for every single item you get. Instead, keep them for level stage, like every 5 levels, or every 10.

It would be great, though, if there were visual slots next to the armors’ and weapons’ and you could use a mystic recipe to turn a piece of equipment into a ‘costume piece’ that can go into a visual slot and replace its appearance:
- Any pieces of equipment.
- 1 or more fine transmutation stones.
- 10 or more basic stones.
- A 4th material (The ones requiring skill points could do: philosopher stones, crystals, etc)

There could also be a collection in the hero panel, to put all those pieces, so you can collect all skins for each character that way.

That way, you could either use a stone now, and get the quick appearance, of save them, use hem together, and make that appearance available permanently, just with a much bigger cost in stones.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)