Transmute stones no longer work on some gear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

Is this something you changed, so that we can no longer skin an interesting starting mask? I don’t know. I only know that, once upon a time, I could find the gear I liked for my character, skin it, and keep it FOR that character. Now, various items such as a starting area mask (I can’t transmute this, a fellow guildie is STILL able to transmute hers) cannot be ‘muted. Some of the lower level boots cannot be ’muted, same with other items. Before you ask — none of the gear I’m trying to ’mute for the appearance is level 80, so the gold stones, which DID work in the past, should, logically, still work today.

IF you have changed the ability to exclude pieces of gear which were earlier able to be ‘muted, can you please inform us of this? I know it’s shocking and surprising, but one of the things many of us players love is the ability to personalize our characters, all the way down to gear. You still haven’t provided a GREAT deal in that arena … limiting our ability with the ’mute stones? Harsh.

The suggestion? PLEASE return our ability to ’mute gear, including starting area gear, OR inform us why this ability was removed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

If gear is lvl 80 you need the blue stone, it’s called fine transmutation stone. The yellow stone called basic transmutation stone only works up to level 79, as you could have know if you did read the description

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fine_Transmutation_Stone

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

as i said, i do NOT need the blue stone. please re-read, and read fully.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

I cannot transmute my starting necromancer mask with headpieces that are also below level 80

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

that’s one of the pieces i’m having issues with, while my guildmate CAN ‘mute hers. annoying — but her nec was created a few weeks before mine was. in fact, i believe on a previous version of my nec, i was able to ’mute the facepiece. it’s the mask, and a glove, and a boot … same level as a chest that can be ’muted. so, yeah, annoying as all get-out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I’ve seen plenty of Eles with the Necro wraith mask (even a mesmer or two, pretty cool), and warriors with the guardian’s fanatic shoulder piece. And I don’t see why they would disable that now (if they did I’ll be rather upset, I bought a character slot so I could get back some starter gear I deleted thinking I’d be able to craft it again later, by using the transmute method)

Someone last night mentioned having to use Fine stones, which is ridiculous, if both items are under 80 Basic should be able to do it, period.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

i’ll give that a try, we’ll see! but it used to be doable with the golds … blarg!!!

in Suggestions

ScribeTheMad.7614

Okay, so I went ahead and created a character, Guardian, and bought a pair of white rank metal shoulders, and it let me combine them with the Fanatic Mantle using a Basic ’mute stone, and they are now account bound as they should be.

So, are both items you are trying to combine of the same class? Unfortunately you cannot transmute a Light armor skin onto a heavy armor (as awesome as it would be to give my Guardian the Necro’s Wraith mask).
Only other thing I can think of is that there might be some items it doesn’t work on? I know there are some things that are unsalvageable (merchant stuff, but I just used one to transmute so), maybe try a different white item?

I can confirm it just worked on the Guardian’s Fanatic Mantle, so you “should” be able to do this. :/

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The very low level stuff works weird when you transmute it with higher level stuff. Sometimes it doesn’t allow you then changing the order you put the items in the transmute window, it’ll allow.

I suspect some bug at work there. Something to do with the items that don’t even have a gem/rune/sigil socket transmuted with items that have one.

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

amazingly, the silver ’mute stones worked. huh. craziness.

in Suggestions

ScribeTheMad.7614

Interesting. Well I moved the transmuted Fanatic Mantle over to my warrior, since the lowest level shoulder I could get quickly was for lvl 30 the new guy obviously can’t equip it.

I was able to equip it, it showed up correctly both in my Hero panel and on my character, as well as being dyeable.
When transmuting I put the mantle in the left pane and the white mail shoulders in the right.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lenneth.1372

Lenneth.1372

The Fine Transmutation stones are for if ANY of the gear you are transmuting is level 80, be it appearance or stats. The regular transmutation stones are for level 0-79 equipment. They have been like that for as long as I can remember, and I think they said that even in the beta.

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

lenneth. the gear i was transmuting was a starter-level necro wraith mask, onto a white level 15 mask. the gold ‘mute stones USED to work, but don’t now. the silver? for some reason do. yes, i am aware that they’ll ‘mute ANY gear; however, they’re not SUPPOSED to be REQUIRED for any gear lower than level 80. anything under level 80 should be ‘mutable by the gold ones. so. problem sorta solved — i can ’mute the mask. but — glitch? bug? they don’t work as they used to, nor, i would assume, as they’re intended, since you should be able to ’mute a starter-level item onto a level 15 item without resorting to the silver stones.

in Suggestions

ScribeTheMad.7614

You are correct you should be able to, and it must be a bug you’re running into, because I just used a Basic stone to transmute the Wraith mask onto a white lvl 36 acolyte cowl, so what you’re seeing is definitely not the normal behavior. I’d put in a support ticket/bug report and explain, it can’t hurt, and who knows, there’s always the tiny chance they’ll give you the fine stone back.

in Suggestions

Isende.2607

i’ve got city-farming down to a fine art, lol — it’s ok if they don’t return it, but it’d be nice to find a fix. i did bug report it, just because it seemed off. hoped to find an answer, here, and did … so score! thanks guys!