"Triple-Swap" and Display Alternate Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’ll keep it short and sweet.

Ele’s and Engi’s should get a 2nd weapon set, and be able to swap, albeit on a longer swap timer, say 15s.

The remaining classes that already have 2 swaps, should be given a third weapon set option.

• If this 3rd set is empty, the swap timer would remain at 10s
  • If the third swap slot is in use, the swap timer for all swaps would be 15s
  • ~ would swap through the sequence, 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3, etc
  • CTRL+ ~ would swap in reverse the order, 1 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 2, etc

Finally, there could be a “show” checkmark box next to each weapon set. When checked, any weapons not in use would be displayed as sheathed on your character.

For example, a Warrior with a Greatsword, Longbow, and Axe/Axe. While wielding the Greatsword, the Longbow would still be displayed on his back, and both Axes at his sides. While the Axes are out, the Greatsword and Longbow would both be displayed on his back, criss-crossed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

No.

Engineers have the possibility of 5 weapon sets as it is now, elementalists 7. If anything, it’s unfair because they have more than every other class as it is.

That actually goes up to 6 and 8 if you count elites

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Speaking as an Elementalist who is traited for attunement swapping, I think we’ve got a ton of options already, and I don’t think adding more is a good idea. The more moving pieces there are to a build, the harder it is to balance its power level. More complexity doesn’t always make for better gameplay.

That’s a personal taste to some extent, but I think it’s hard to argue with the balance thing, at least.

As for the visual weapon swapping, while potentially cool, could also lead to some very wonky cases. Characters stow weapons when they aren’t using them, so the first thing I’m going to do is equip my mesmer with three different scepters and foci, just to see what happens. It’s not unsolveable, but do be aware that while “two axes, a longbow, and a greatsword” is an easy case to visualize, there are some much goofier ones waiting to happen.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~