Turn off friendly spell effects

in Suggestions

Posted by: lotharic.9513

lotharic.9513

We badly need a way to turn off friendly spell effects. When you’re playing with other players, there are a few issues:

• A big ice shard will be hanging over your head. Is it from a friendly elementalist, or do you need to duck out of the way? No way to tell aside from studying the white/red range circles
  • In massive fights, all you can see is the San Diego fireworks where they all went off at once. You can’t see the enemy winding up his big attack, or very much at all. Heck, in big fights like the camp defenses in Cursed Shores, you can’t even see the enemies at all. You just spam AoE where you think they are and see if big numbers appear on the screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frippet.8243

Frippet.8243

I heard that turning post-processing off in the graphics options can help with your second problem. I’ve resorted to doing that and it seems to have improved slightly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

Wish we could have this, and maybe even a particle effect quality meter, it sure as hell would reduce my lag – no use knowing you’re in an AoE if the lag doesn’t allow you to get away.

My quest is to find the dorito.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Yeah me too. Sometimes I can`t even see my own character in some fights. I`m standing there swinging at air.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

I would love this, I know it’d make combos harder to come by without them but I’m pretty sure it’s possible with the following solution :

When effects are turned off combo fields appear as solid colors on the floor

Fire : Orange
Water : Blue
Ice : Teal
Poison : Green
Smoke : Grey
Ethereal : Pink
Light : White
Lightning : Purple

Would make it extremely easy to know what combo fields are where, in fact even easier than with the actual spell effects on!

in Suggestions

Posted by: irongamer.6014

irongamer.6014

This really needs to be addressed. Currently I find dungeon combat and a number of the world events to be spam fests because there is no visual room for tactical play.

The particle effects block so much of my view I can’t see if the enemy is telegraphing a move. At this point I have to start guessing when to use skills. The inability to see telegraphs in small group (let alone large group) settings is really hurting the tactical feel of combat. I can understand some tactical loss in the large groups but it is really sad to see this loss in dungeons.

Now, play solo or with one or two friends and the combat suddenly flows better and feels more tactical. A large part of this, for me, is that I can actually see to make real tactical decisions based on what the enemy is doing.

I killed screen shake in the first few hours of the head start. An option to remove friendly effects, minimize effects, or some other way to make combat visible would go a long ways for improving the feel and tactics in combat.

(edited by irongamer.6014)