Turn unlimited gathering tools account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pollus Zhudarak.7038

Pollus Zhudarak.7038

Turn unlimited gathering tools account bound, just like the other tools.
If i want to delete my old char to create another one, and the old one has the unlimited tools… and now?

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Looks like you’re stuck with that toon

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Unlimited gathering tools should be…

A. …account bound
B. …cheaper than $10

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

They seem to be selling pretty well as they are, considering almost everyone I see has a set…

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

They seem to be selling pretty well as they are, considering almost everyone I see has a set…

True , but It would sell even better if they put it back in the gemstore and keep it there . My second character has only the axe and would want both the sickle and mining pick .

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZinJin.8764

ZinJin.8764

i have set but sometimes i want have it on difrent character hehe i like AB idea. But i think that anet will keep it SB because some ppl buy more than one of ea… for rest characters ehh

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

I expect them to come up with new unlimited so my twinks have different unlimited than my main and having that many that’s like $360 in the end I lose because of this. They could definitely make it cheaper, or account bound..

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

I think after the sale is over and they remove the axe from Gem Store they should make them account bound idd… But I don’t think they should be cheaper

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yes they should be account bound.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think after the sale is over and they remove the axe from Gem Store they should make them account bound idd… But I don’t think they should be cheaper

And kitten over all of use that actually bought several of each you mean?
I am sure that would be very popular…

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Sedoks.3576

And kitten over all of use that actually bought several of each you mean?
I am sure that would be very popular…

What?

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

What?

Quite a few of use bought several units of each item in order to use them on several characters, due to the fact that they were soulbound on equip.
Suddenly making these items account-bound would more or less mean we have bought the extra versions of them for no reason and that would most likely annoy quite a few people.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

What?

Quite a few of use bought several units of each item in order to use them on several characters, due to the fact that they were soulbound on equip.
Suddenly making these items account-bound would more or less mean we have bought the extra versions of them for no reason and that would most likely annoy quite a few people.

It wouldn’t be for no reason, it would still be a convenience item, as it has been since its creation.

After a while you’d get tired of transferring them around and say to yourself “Gee I wish I had just bought a few of them back then so I didn’t have to move them around all the time…” oh but wait! you already did!

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

It wouldn’t be for no reason, it would still be a convenience item, as it has been since its creation.

After a while you’d get tired of transferring them around and say to yourself “Gee I wish I had just bought a few of them back then so I didn’t have to move them around all the time…” oh but wait! you already did!

And yet people would still feel cheated by the fact that they were “forced” to buy several of them and then suddenly that would no longer be the case.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Sedoks.3576

What?

I got 2 of each tool too (1 set on my warrior and 1 set on my guardian) but what if I delete 1 of my character and make new one? 1 of my sets is lost…

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

And yet people would still feel cheated by the fact that they were “forced” to buy several of them and then suddenly that would no longer be the case.

You’re not forced to buy anything.

in Suggestions

Pollus Zhudarak.7038

Nobody is forced to buy anything, but here is SUGGESTIONS forum, and this topic is a suggestion, i know that will be there new unlimited gathering tools after this axe, but i think ACCBOUND is a good idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

The monetization team, which is now running the show, wants to milk you for as many gems as possible before NCSoft shuts down GW2, no chance of them making perm tools account bound

in Suggestions

Pollus Zhudarak.7038

If its true, theyll lose my money for it. =P

in Suggestions

Posted by: tofus.4751

tofus.4751

800 gems per tool is quite a lot, IMO they should be movable across toons on your account.

Please make this happen!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The monetization team, which is now running the show, wants to milk you for as many gems as possible before NCSoft shuts down GW2, no chance of them making perm tools account bound

The monetization team seems to be doing a crappy job, unless they plan to withhold the paychecks for the content teams who are pushing updates every two weeks now.

Bad troll is bad.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krispers.5217

Krispers.5217

This is 100% the reason I did not buy them…. There are several things I would love to buy, but refuse to buy them for each character. Also why I have never bought dye packs and never will.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Milumeo Rinku.7583

Milumeo Rinku.7583

I agree with both sides. I’m in a similar position to OP, where my original character has 2 of the tools, got bored of the character and don’t plan on playing them any time soon, and the tools are bound to that character. However, making them account bound is an issue because the people who bought multiple copies will have bought them for ALMOST nothing.

I’d suggest maybe to allow them to transfer to a different character once a month or something so people who didn’t buy multiple copies have a waiting period before they can switch again, and people who did buy multiple can obviously transfer their copies across with how many they bought.

One thing I do wish would be put in though is character deletion items and being able to recover soul bound items off them. It’s annoying that they would just disappear if you delete your character. All soulbound cash-shop items should be mailed to you if you delete your character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

Maybe just put an item into the gem store, which turns “soulbound on use” items from the shop (like the gathering tools) back to account bound for 100 gems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Bottom line is they sold very well, and many bought multiple sets because they are soulbound. Would accountbound be nice…indeed. Would it be as profitable…absolutely not. Are the complaints causing a mass of disgruntled players who threaten their reputation…no (just some minor chatter really such as this thread).

End result, it makes very little sense to change the item.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

anything bought from the gemstore needs to always be account bound period. The idea that you use an item from the gemstore then it is soulbound to just one alt on your account is absurd. If you bought more then one of the same item because it was soulbound theres still no harm with that, say they release new race or you happen to find a profession you like more just move your items on over to it and enjoy them.

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanon.9741

Shanon.9741

ArenaNet! THANK YOU!!!
When you guys do things like this, it lets us know you LISTEN and value us!
Keep it up!