Turret toss: Stupid Idea: Needs Fix

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

I PLAY AN ENGINEER. Having said that, I don’t think an Engineer should be able to toss turrets onto walls. Instead they should be placed at the Engineer’s feet as having to set them up. We don’t even have technology to do that in modern times. So how could physics be broken to such a ludicrous degree? If anyone reading this has played Portal, what happens when you throw a turret? It falls over due to poor weight balancing. Turrets being able to be thrown onto walls in PVE or WvW is an idiocy. As a person who plays Engineer and enjoys playing it, i think this needs to be fixed. It does not seem right that they could toss them. It would feel much better if you had to place them at your feet, as if having to set it up. I also think the time it takes to deploy a turret should be adequate to time it takes to set up a tripod for anything. This is MY suggestion, does not have to be yours.

EDIT: Anet: This idea would make the Engineer much more fun in my opinion. And the only people who would disagree are the people who enjoy “exploiting” this poor system mechanic. Yes “Exploiting”.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

(edited by Radio Isotope.3045)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

You do realize this’d make turrets completely useless right? Turrets can drop as fast as they’re put up. Why would anyone use them if they had a cast channel?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

You do realize this’d make turrets completely useless right? Turrets can drop as fast as they’re put up. Why would anyone use them if they had a cast channel?

The turrets would not be completely useless. They still would be effective.. The only thing that would change is there would be a short delay upon casting time yes, it takes roughly a couple seconds to set a tripod up, And there would be no toss. Overall I play an Engineer and it does feel really OP to me, of course I know my Engi well. Now people would still use them but they would be more aware about how they are using them. Like putting them at the back of the fight or mid-range of the fight as an engineer should be. In no instances should turrets be “thrown to deploy” or used for “close range fights”. And if your turrets are going down as soon as you are putting them up then you might want to rethink your build. That is a personal issue with your own build not an issue with the turrets.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Nope, not an exploit.

Only thing that needs to be fixed with this trait honestly, is let the turret be perpendicular to the surface its thrown on, its no good if on a wall/ceiling and its halfway through the wall (Always vertical) & shoots wall every time. Or trade it in for sumtin else for turrets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

What modes do you play? Also, some turrets like Flame and Thumper have quite limited range.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Notso.8710

Notso.8710

Maybe if you have the toss trait you get new looking turrets that have the asura hover diamond things instead of legs.

Also, big fan of portal, if turrets could talk I would be pleased.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You’re questioning the logic of being able to throw turrets when you already make them appear out of thin air?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

You’re questioning the logic of being able to throw turrets when you already make them appear out of thin air?

And to add to that it is also in a world where magic is a real thing? That pretty much negates any comparison to real world physics as magic throws that right out of the water and that’s far from the only thing that exists in Tyria but not our world.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books