Tyrian Writers: A community, a library.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IvoryOwl.3275

IvoryOwl.3275

This idea started with my recent role-playing character, who has a passion for books and not only she likes reading like it could be instrumental for her survival after loosing most of her memory.

I would love to be able to read other player’s handwritten books, books about anything. Novels, romance, survival guides, culture, history, etc.
A survival guide that teaches us how to make shelter and survival in an harsh environment can surely make it more interesting in case our character ever comes across such situation. Or a book about history and culture, for both the player and character learn about Tyria’s past and traditions! Maybe a renown general who has seen plenty of battle can take some time to write down most of the techniques he learned!(Assuming he leaves some secrets for himself in case he ever faces a die-hard fan who wishes to test him! )

But an issue was raised. Its hard to do so without a proper add-on. I know Anet’s policy on add-ons and I admit, I’m not a big fan of them either, but I think this one would be quite welcome in the community, without actually hurting the game.
I’ve made the same suggestion on the the Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Forum and although its possible for people to upload their books on a site, it would actually be a lot more pleasant for the players to be able to trade these books among each other.

(edited by IvoryOwl.3275)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I like the idea, but I’d recommend putting it in the community works folders rather than suggestions. You were right to put it up on GW2RPers.

I have a character named Veilstray that I’m still developing. I might make him into a novelist. If I do, I’ll send some of his works your way.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: IvoryOwl.3275

IvoryOwl.3275

@Frosty and Frosty Law Firm

The reason why I placed this in the “Suggestion” section, is because it would require the aid of an add-on for it to fully work as intended, and sadly GW2 does not support add-ons. Hopefully Anet can see that while the game doesn’t need 1 million add-ons for everything, little ones like these can actually bolster creativity and make the game richer in experience.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Aah, I understand now.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears