UI Niggles :o)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roadblock.8295

Roadblock.8295

• Keybinds/Rebinds: Add some more of the default in-game actions to the keybinds configuration options.
    Example: Allow me to re-bind item / ability link to something other than SHIFT.
    I’d like to be able to use SHIFT as an ability modifier (SHIFT+direction = dodge for example) without accidentally spamming chat with skills or getting locked out of movement until I close the chatbox.
    Alternatively make it so you can only link to an already open editbox (after pressing the ‘open chat’ keybind) by default instead of opening one and pasting the link automatically on shift+click. (this is more a problem for me with the utility skills as the 1-5 I keypress and don’t have the issue as often)
    Same for auto-attack toggle, let me re-bind it to something other than CTRL+RightMouse if I so choose.
  • Mouselook: Give me an option to mouse-look, pan the camera just by moving the mouse and pick targets with left or right click.
    Further I’d like to suggest the mouselook toggle be similar to the walk/run toggle.
    I.e. make it so you hit it once to enter mouselook mode and hit it again to exit instead of having to keep a mouselook key pressed.
  • Ability reorder: Give me an option to re-arrange the order of the 5 primary skills per weapon combo after they are fully learned/unlocked.
    Most of the skillsets have some kind of synergy. It would be very helpful if you allowed us to order them accordingly (use skill x first as it buffs skill y then z)
    It would make it much easier to keep muscle memory consistent between different weapon sets and increase both flexibility and fluidity in skill usage (battle the “just auto-attack and dodge” use a little).
    I know I can already re-bind all the skills but that’s not what I’m asking here.
    I’m asking that we are allowed to shuffle the abilities per weapon combo around (after they are fully unlocked ofc) so that we can immerse ourselves better in our “combos”.
    Example: let me put my enemy grapple + stun next to each other for one weapon set, my gap closer/leap/charge attack and stomp next to each other for another weapon set and so on, allow me to make combinations of the set 5 skills that “make sense to me”.
    This is already possible with the utility skills, expand that functionality to the primary 5 slots.
    Re-iterating to avoid any possible confusion:
    I don’t want to be able to mix and match skills from different weaponsets.
    I want the ability to rearrange the 5 skills I have unlocked for my – eg. axe + mace weapon set – so that 5 can change places with 2 and 3 can change places with 4.

Will add some more as I come across things.
Thoroughly enjoying myself sofar but these would improve the feel of the combat system especially quite a bit for me.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightgoo.8154

Nightgoo.8154

I very much agree with the Mouselook request.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I’d love them to trim the edges of windows so there isn’t a transparent area covering another window. Sometimes I want to click on another one but the current window is covering it up. Trim the transparent edges off, they do no good. Also it makes the x button at the top-right difficult to identify which window it’s on.