Un-Soulbind Item

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I think a lot of people would pay big bucks on the gem store for items that will ‘unlock’ soul bound items, even if it just made them account bound – especially when people level up alts that become their mains

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

OO, good idea. Good revenue for a-net. Though, if it’s too inexpensive it may have an affect on in-game market. But that can be taken care of by setting a suitable price for the unlock.

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamrilGelantara.9827

JamrilGelantara.9827

Maybe more of an “un-binder” which you can soulbind to a new character. But the item would still be account bound while “un-soulbound” Something which you can switch which of your characters it is soulbound to. For example if you switch your main char.

We don’t need no gods! We’re the firing squad!
And if ya don’t want my flail,
better shake that mighty tail! Aw yeah!

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yes we need BtA not BtC on our gear. especially Karma gear, and we need an item that removes runes/sigils without destroying the actual item. It’s expensive as heck to keep buying new runes while they work on balance issues causing complete rebuilding of characters.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

heres 1 method that works but only if u want the type of look not stats, if you use xmute crystals and xmute ur gear to a low lvl white the item becomes account bound. you can then xmute it to have the stats u like on the toon you want

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

Pickpocket does that still work, 100%?

Wouldn’t want to try it on a legendary if it doesn’t.

Either way – ANET, I think it would be a great way to monetize it.

Also, I like the idea above of instead of un-binding it, just reallocating the bind to another character – this way you wouldn’t have people selling legendaries after 2 months when they get bored, but rather transfer to other toons when people switch mains.

I would hate to retire my first character (and their legendary) because I switched classes after a few months.

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumn.2951

Lumn.2951

Couldn’t help but think of this http://www.darklegacycomics.com/389.html

If you remove binding from an item it will inevitably end back up on the trading post and probably crafting would be less valuable when craftable items start to flood it with people refunding them as it were. I think I would rather not have to pay a bunch of gems to do it but maybe a flat amount of coins or depending on how long it’s been soulbound so that it isn’t too expensive if you made a mistake or have buyer’s remorse.

I would like the ability to refund a soul bound item to the vendor for a time after buying it (easy to make a mistake buying the ascended amulet with the right infusion slot for example which I find clunky)

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

Great link – ty for sharing.

Agree with your comments, that’s why un-binding to account would solve your issue.

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamrilGelantara.9827

JamrilGelantara.9827

The idea that would be more useful to Anet would be to have a method of unbinding where you could rebind to another of your characters.
By no means would I suggest removing the Soulbound or Account bound completely, cause that just wouldn’t happen. But if you have a soulbound item that you bought say from the gem store and you swap characters, I see no reason why you shouldn’t be able to swap to another of your own characters, I mean you BOUGHT it, and if it’s soulbound to only ONE of your characters that you don’t use anymore that’s just useless

We don’t need no gods! We’re the firing squad!
And if ya don’t want my flail,
better shake that mighty tail! Aw yeah!

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

I would not mind to pay 100gold or even 200gold in gems or something to unbind my meteorlogicus. What about the people that make a mistake in making their legendary? Or simply their taste changing after a while?

I`d kill an innocent puppy if i could trade meteorlogicus for the bifrost (and pay the difference in precursor cost aswell).

Yea a guardian speaking here… please kill me.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axesome.1025

Axesome.1025

Some time ago i’ve read about one guy who equipped his lvl 80 Mesmer in full exo gear with Twillight, then he decided it’s not cool enough so he deleted his mesmer because he wanted that Legendary on another character and he thought deleting character who used it first would un-bind that legendary. Kinda sad, i’d like to make items account bound from sould bound.

Un-Soulbind Item

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Why the hell would deleting a character makes you obtain an item unsoulbounded? Kinda sad indeed…

Anyway i wish that transmute trick worked into making legendaries unbound instead of bound on account but i guess it has to have a pricetag so severe to prevent the market from overflooding.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.