Unbind Crystals

Unbind Crystals

in Suggestions

Posted by: fallenarms.2897

fallenarms.2897

Q:

I Think i speak for many when i say, that the game would benefit from unbind crystals to unbind and sell equipment such as old legendaries on characters we dont play, and stuff as such.
these past few months ive switched from my warrior which holds my [Moot] to my necromancer which ive found alot of fun and maybe become my new main yet i feel like im being chained by the idea that i have a legendary unused on a character, being able to sell uit and get something new or prograss to a new legendary would be so much more beneficial and i hope i am not alone with this feeling.-

please give us unbinding crystals, dont let our old equipment go to waste on a rusty characters backpack.

Unbind Crystals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keelan.7498

Keelan.7498

Unbinding crystals would make the whole point of things being “Soul bound” completely null, unless they make these crystals something ridiculous like, say, 3000+ gems.

If anything, maybe make it so when you salvage a legendary you get the precursor and some rare mats from making it, that way you can get some profit.

That or.. you know, only make legendaries for characters you intend to play.

Unbind Crystals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Unbinding crystals would make the whole point of things being “Soul bound” completely null, unless they make these crystals something ridiculous like, say, 3000+ gems.

If anything, maybe make it so when you salvage a legendary you get the precursor and some rare mats from making it, that way you can get some profit.

That or.. you know, only make legendaries for characters you intend to play.

soulbound is a worthless system anyway. Get rid of soulbound and make all things account bound. It wont change much except making these expensive items usable on multiple characters, which it’s not like ewe’d be using more than one at a time anyway. seeing that they’re on the same account.

They’d still be bound so you cant use an item and then sell it to the AH, but you’d be able to transfer it between characters encouraging alts and getting players more playtime out of the game (That means they stick around longer instead of quitting because they’re bored of their class but it has their legendary and all their good stuff on it), and players will for the most part buy different sets of armor for all their characters. With different builds and such plus the convenience of not having to go to the bank and transfer your armor over whenever you like to switch characters. There will be a few die hards out there that commit to spending as little money as possible and operate on one armor set, but a majority of people will still buy armor and weapons for each character. Even with the simple change to making everything account bound that was soul bound, for level 80 items like a legendary or something that you get for the skin, you would still need transmutation crystals to give it the stats you want on for a different character, possibly driving up the sales of the transmutation crystals as people can now create alts without having to give up those items (Not to mention character slots, bank space, and bag slots)

TL;DR

Pros of account bound items

• Encourage alts to improve playtime of game, lifespan of game, enjoyment of game, and time players stay and potentially buy more gems
  • Encourage players to buy more bank space, bag space for new characters, town clothing, gem store armors, and/or character slots
  • Encourage the sell of transmutation crystals for transferring more expensive items between characters and getting proper stats for that character as well as armors for new characters
  • Little change to current coin economy

Cons to account bound items

• A small percentage of people will probably use this to share armor and items between characters so they don’t have to buy new stuff for each character
  • Less market to use the bug to account bind skins from armor/weapons that are soul bound (and 1 sale of a bag slot or bank slot would cover like 6 of those lost sales, with it being more for a character slot.)

I must be missing something as to why anet hasnt already done this.