Underflow Server (to fix "dead content")

Underflow Server (to fix "dead content")

in Suggestions

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

Hello,

I’ve been working on a new character since my last one is “done” and have noticed a horrible and tragic thing happening to GW2. There are events that are essentially dead. Now I know that dynamic events are “small”, still a lot of hard work went into them and there are too few players actually playing in them. Most of the dynamic events in this game are really fun and should never become dead.

We all know (and complain about) the overflow server issue. While that is better then waiting in a queue, I really think having underflow servers would really benefit the game. While be put into a random one might not be ideal, we can have a specific underflow servers for 4 servers. You will always go to that underflow server and not a random one. If the underflow server becomes “full” then it would send everyone one (with a 2 min warning) to their regular servers as there is no need for an underflow server.

This would fix all the dead content issues without the need for balancing of item drops for level 80 players. It really sucks leveling a character in this game, being alone and passing threw a dozen dynamic events that you can’t complete because there is no one on the server. The fun shouldn’t start at level 80.

(edited by LightningLockey.5938)