Underflow for PvE

Underflow for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

Curiously having just completed the MK week where many of the times I was on I was on overflow servers because of the high population of players I ran into some old friends who are not on my server but just by chance were on the same overflow.

This random chance meeting seemed to indicate something to me about how potentially ANet could make areas more populated in PvE.

Whilst the starter areas are relatively decently populated anything higher than that and you will rarely ever see another player. My second 80 with 100% completion barely 2 months after the game is out struggled to find anyone to do dynamic events, group and world events (which are not dragons) with. Now I am on my third and already in certain low level areas it is very rare to see another player. The game feels abandoned and extraordinarily lonely. The whole idea of being in 1 big party that everyone is a part of is hard to feel enthusiastic about when you never see anyone and hardly anyone participates in events now.

Going back to the random encounter in the MK event seems to indicate that there is come capacity to have different servers overflow into the one area. Why not use that capability to underflow low population pve areas so they are more busy so people can do the content?

Aside, what happens when the population drops right off? Certain Group and World events are already at the point where they don’t get done at all, is that a portent for the future of all events in Tyria?

Underflow for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I like your suggestion, although I disagree with your analysis. Areas were empty during Halloween, but at least on my server, everywhere I go, there are people in the map and most are willing to help out (if asked).

Even so, there will come a time when some servers are underpopulated. Why not make it easy for people in Harathi Hinterlands from three servers play together?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Underflow for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

You are lucky then, I spent quite a lot of time in map chat encouraging people to DE and GE and at most 1-2 people would show up if I was lucky, majority of the time no one and the event did not get done.

Perhaps it is a server specific thing, your server might have a lot of active pve players, mine not so many. Also I was talking in general and not specifically during halloween, it has been pretty barren where I am located.

Underflow for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari.4023

Ari.4023

This suggestion is good. In some areas, especially during certain times, it is hard to find people to do events with. One example is the Fire Elemental event in Metrica Province, both times I ran into this event there weren’t enough people around willing to do it.

Underflow for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dobi.4168

Dobi.4168

Anet will delete this thread, as they did to my topics about underflow before! I dont get it why. It is a good suggestion, I have been fightning for this for days, but no answers, just thread delete. Thanks Anet, you love your fans!

Underflow for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

I like to be alone and fight that extraordinary boss solo sometimes. Plus it makes the world feel bigger than usual… but yeah your right to a certain degree. i think that all they need to do is to create an incentive to go back to those areas. Say, making certain loots drop from certain monsters in certain low level areas.

Underflow for PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dobi.4168

Dobi.4168

Up for this thread.