Unifying the FotM playerbase

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

It’s a bit annoying that you cant really progress unless you have people who are the same level as you. What if you could take your party members to your difficulty and each person would progress and get loot at his own difficulty while playing at the difficulty of the person with the highest one. This way it can’t be abused and you can actually play with people who haven’t unlocked the higher difficulty while you are both still progressing

Let’s say I was difficulty 7 and my friend is only at 5. I would be able to take him to 7, but he would progress from 5 to 6 and only get loot accordingly. This seems to be the safest and only way to unify the players without making it abuseable.

Thoughts?

EDIT : About the MF, seems like they are already moving to a system where MF is inherent to the item and higher rarity means higher MF. Which was what I wanted to suggest

(edited by Ivonbeton.6814)

in Suggestions

Posted by: inscribed.6849

inscribed.6849

I came here to post a suggestion just like this. I agree with the above.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Eh, MF is a conscious choice. Makes stuff more difficult -> more loot.

Sure, abusive players and jerks could equip it, not say anything about it or ask you whether it’s ok, and gain from it while you wonder why it’s so difficult.
That’s why you generally never PUG if you can avoid it, in any MMO.

Most sensible players will use 5 Pirate + 1 Traveller rune, but other than that minimal loss of power (Pirate is actually really strong if you give you Might) they use normal gear.

(edit)
Point is, I’d argue that except the runes MF is ~useless right now. It only affects kill-drops, so outside of farming Orr it’s of really little value.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Suggestions

Ivonbeton.6814

Well it’s just a sidenote, I think we need something like what I discussed in the main argumentation. It’s rather bad at the moment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SeventhSon.8172

SeventhSon.8172

lol @ reporting my post in Dungeons forum.

in Suggestions

Posted by: chickenmagican.3489

chickenmagican.3489

Agree, as of right now, it’s really difficult and take a while to find people on the same scale as you are and since everyone want to progress there’s are no reason to go back and do lower scale one.

in Suggestions

Ivonbeton.6814

lol @ reporting my post in Dungeons forum.

I did not report you, the admin intervened.

in Suggestions

Ivonbeton.6814

Check this post out, someone made a guild for it. I just joined it, it’s only a partial fix because you still can’t go with friends on a lower level, but it’s a great idea nonetheless.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/FotM-guild-created-Ranks-editable/first#post813584

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

EDIT : About the MF, seems like they are already moving to a system where MF is inherent to the item and higher rarity means higher MF. Which was what I wanted to suggest

Magic Find still takes the place of other stat benefits on the Ascended gear. You lose the biggest stat boost in place of MF.

I find it interesting that Linsey (and the GW2 team) chose a MF ring to put in the article…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jarv.1972

Jarv.1972

Love the original suggestion, It’s nigh on impossible to find a lower level group now

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

What we need is a system to find people on the same level as us. Without it FotM just isn’t viable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

Fantastic idea!

I new the new content, but i’ve stopped doing it now because i only have the evenings and i was spending a good 1-2 hours + waiting for a group, then then only to be kicked because someone’s friend wanted to join…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

@Ivonbeton: a good idea, and i support it completely. I have even put something similar to this in the event feedback thread befoe.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

Yeah I was with a group first night of the dungeon, got to 5, they are not past 12, not interested in their tank warrior anymore

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

My suggestion would be to open the brackets up ;

1-5
6-10
11-15
15-20 etc

Would be easier to form groups, be more inclusive and tbh I haven’t really noticed much of a difficulty ramp from lvl1 to lvl5 for example. Each progresses a level at the end of a succesful run so if a level 4 and a level 1 run the same instance and complete it then 4 goes to 5 and 1 goes to 2.

To have 30+ tiers is going to get progressively more difficult to get groups for as people stop running them so often due to a wall or new content.

Edit – Posted in this thread as the basic concept is very similar to OP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

You go back and grind like they want or you wait and wait like they want.
The point is to stretch the game play as far and as long as possible. That is the reason this was implemented.
There are the choices. There are many suggestions from brackets to LFG tool ect but that would expedite the content so dont expect any soon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

I was expected FoTM to be like the suggestion above.

It’s the reason why I did Fractal Lv1 three times and realised I’m stuck at Lv2.

It’s a good suggestion because it can be hard to progress with everyone at different levels.

Once we unlock the levels, it’s up to us whether to go for Lv5 or Lv15.